Forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Terraria

4 posts since Jul 2007

Terraria

Okay, so as a lot of us know, Terraria launched yesterday. I have to say, I find the game to be friggin fantastic, but I can only imagine what it would be like with more people. I've been looking into multiplayer servers, but haven't found anything of substance. Anyone know of any servers, or host one themselves?

From what I get it's a 2D Minecraft right?

1,631 posts since Dec 2006

It ostensibly has more actual gameplay than Minecraft... but yes it's still pretty fucking gay. Also the devs panicked when the game got leaked and tossed it up for sale as fast they could so they could try and cash in on that association, despite the fact the game probably isn't even legal, since it still uses fucking modified FFV sprites for it's characters. Sadly it seems to be selling as well, because people are still dumb enough to buy anything that even has the word Minecraft associated with it.

I was excited for this game, but the very fact it's using essentially stolen sprites means I'm not going to buy it, because that pisses me off.

I've had quite a few people recommend the game to me, still I didn't know about the FFV sprites, so not sure anymore if i'm picking it up or not.

I got this game a few days ago. Its MAD fun.

Bought it the other day wouldn't mind playing the multiplayer if anyone has a server going.

steam ID: chris1232124680

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    It ostensibly has more actual gameplay than Minecraft...
    What? Minecraft doesn't have gameplay? I think you're missing the point of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    What? Minecraft doesn't have gameplay? I think you're missing the point of the game.
    I've been missing the point since before you ever even heard of the game.

81 posts since Dec 2010

This game is awesome. I played a lot of solo and also a bit of multi with friends.

I have full Molten Armour and the Sunfury and I'm going to get around to a boss run at some point now I've soloed Eye of Cthulu twice.

I've been missing the point since before you ever even heard of the game.
    You heard of the game before me? Well, that just totally disproves my point. Oh wait, no it doesn't, you're still wrong.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO ENJOY MINECRAFT YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IMAGINATION AND YOU HATE DENMARK. RACIST.

YOU KNOW WHO ELSE IS RACIST?

Nick Griffin.

65 posts since Apr 2011
    I haven't played Minecraft but I bought Terraria on steam because one of my friends was playing it.

Yea its 2-d sprite based rpg but its really addicting.

For 10 dollars it a hoot.

So is it worth getting or not?

I got it three times. BECAUSE IT'S THAT AWESOME.

There's a ton of better games you could get. But if you wanna hang out with all the cool kids and then get bored in a week, you could get this.

2,564 posts since Feb 2008

I picked up the game last night, and it's a lot of fun. I was a little lost with so many items to find/mine/build, so I'll have to check out a wiki or something for a little guidance. It's already apparent that there is way more to do here than in Minecraft, which I appreciate. Has anyone gotten into the multiplayer?

There's a ton of better games you could get. But if you wanna hang out with all the cool kids and then get bored in a week, you could get this.
    Dude, why do you have such a vendetta against this game? I've seen you bitching and moaning in every front page article, and now you're hanging out in the specific forum thread for a game you don't like. Move on, man.

The developer killed his family when he was a kid. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Dude, why do you have such a vendetta against this game? I've seen you bitching and moaning in every front page article, and now you're hanging out in the specific forum thread for a game you don't like. Move on, man.
    Because when shit games like this sell, it feels like there are tons of good games that are getting ignored as a result. Though I guess it's probably 95% people that liked Minecraft that are buying this, and most of them aren't interested in real games anyways.