Page 199 of 324 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 209 249 299 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 6478

Thread: Politics thread

Honkey Kong
    Go figure, I live in a "Constitution-Free" zone. As if this can hold up in courtApparently it even holds up in court. Holy shit.

This is what eventually turned me against these security measures. The wiretapping shit honestly did not bother me at the time of the Bush Administration, because I don't have shit to hide. But I've quickly learned in this era that when it comes to civil liberties, if you give the government an inch, it ends up taking 100 miles.

Honkey Kong
    I'm just wondering how far down the rabbit hole it has to go before people stop defending these measures? The top comment on your article was one disgusted at so many blasting the ACLU for daring to bring this to light and fight it. What goes through someone's mind that makes this a legit policy?

Still responds to BLOO
    Whatever you fuckers did on the last page, it was freezing my chrome tab every time.

Idiots, now you'll never know what I could have said to turn your points on their heads.

Honkey Kong
    My White technologies have effectively eliminated the Brown opinion from politics. Or Chrome was probably just shitting itself as it tends to do sometimes.

HBO is bringing Vice onboard for a new series starting in April. Bill Maher is the executive producer. They showed a trailer for it before Real Time tonight, and it looked nice as fuck.

Still responds to BLOO
    Vice is nice and all, it's the venue for this generations hippies, they can all smoke bowls while talking about their 'triumphs' for years to come.

"God damn conservatives holding up congress again, it's like our 3million view video exposing them never happened."

"Don't say that honey, we made a difference. Pass the puff, are you sure that door is locked?"

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    The wiretapping shit honestly did not bother me at the time of the Bush Administration, because I don't have shit to hide.
    Not to veer too far off topic, but if memory serves the government already had the legal ability to wiretap "suspect" individuals without a warrant for up to 48 hours before having to present evidence to extend said wiretap. When Bush said "Nah, not enough, we oughta make it unlimited" that should have set off a lot more alarm bells than it did (and this was, of course, far from its most brazen maneuver in this area).

Rio Militarizes Its Favela Slums In Preparation For The 2014 World Cup

http://www.vice.com/read/rio-militar...2014-world-cup

---

Zapatistas break silence to slam Mexico elite

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...344451496.html

---

---

---

Exclusive: Turkey-Iran gold trade wiped out by new U.S. sanctions

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91F01F20130216

Anonymous Helps Researchers Link Hackers To Chinese Army

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2717352.html

Quote Originally Posted by HuffPo
    An American computer security company released an explosive report Tuesday linking a Chinese military unit to a growing number of cyber attacks against American companies, organizations and government agencies.

But some of those connections -- including profiles of the individual hackers in China -- could not have been made without the work of the hacker group Anonymous, according to the report by the security firm Mandiant.

In February 2011, Anonymous gained access to the website rootkit.com -- an online forum where hackers and researchers share information about hacking techniques -- and published personal data of more than 40,000 registered users online. The data included email and IP addresses.

The breach was one of dozens by Anonymous over the past two years and gained relatively little media attention. But now, two years later, security researchers say the data was valuable in helping them find links between hackers and the Chinese military.

Anonymous' disclosure of the rookit.com information included an email and IP address for the username "uglygorilla." The IP information, which identifies the location from which the user is accessing the Internet, pinned the hacker to a place close to a 12-story office tower in Shanghai that researchers believe is the headquarters of P.L.A. Unit 61398 -- cyber warriors for the Chinese military.

Honkey Kong
    Speaking of China:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...7-leftover-un/

lol

I know you didn't care for this guy, but I'm 7 minutes in and this is a decent vid:

He's Canadian so I'm guessing that's why he thinks this look is cool

I'm just glad that Gatsby is coping with his post-Dtoid life. Old habits die hard tho.

"Look at me, I'm so fucking different for the sake of pissing people off."

Honkey Kong
    He plays Blops2 and I joined his game mid-match last week or so because he wasn't accepting my spam invites. I was on the other team and I went on to get first place and wreck them. Fun times.

Is this herb smoking an electronic cigarette? And is he actually flicking off the not-ashes of his LED? I see him lighting the shit in the thumbnail, but not in the video. And since I can't tell, I'm going to assume the worst. Once he shows me his receipt and birth certificate, maybe I'll absolve him of such charges of twattery.

EDIT: Ok, I saw a little wisp of smoke. You got lucky this time, Gats. I was about to git you.

He doesn't really seem to say anything :/

You're just not on that brooding intellect level. Check to see if your local grocer keeps rare candies in stock.

Harsh Censorship in French Invasion of Mali: 'Zero Image' Goal Keeps Public in the Dark About War

http://news.antiwar.com/2013/02/18/h...asion-of-mali/

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Noticed a conspicuous lack of specificity in the reports on the French invasion of northern Mali? It’s not an accident, but rather part of a deliberate French military strategy.

Reporters Without Borders issued a statement today faulting France for imposition of its “zero image of the war front” goal, keeping private journalists from covering most of the invaded African nation and confining most of the foreign reporters to the capital city.
    http://en.rsf.org/mali-french-milita...013,44084.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reporters Without Borders
    “The French authorities, supported by their Malian counterparts, have achieved their ‘zero image of the war front’ media objective for Operation Serval by strictly controlling access to information,” Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Christophe Deloire said.

“Excessive citing of security grounds is seriously curtailing media freedom. While we can understand the French military’s stated desire to prevent reporters being abducted or attacked, the defence ministry should conform to the demands of democratic values by allowing the media to have direct access to the news rather than keeping them at a distance, as it has done until now.”

Ever since the start of the military operations in Mali several weeks ago, journalists have been kept away from the war zones and denied the possibility of directly observing events and gathering information. As a result, the media have been prevented from deciding for themselves how they cover this war.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I guess I need to buy Time magazine?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...nterview-pt--1

(video is 1/3)

Sounds bonkers.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    People probably wouldn't hate him as much if he didn't dress and act like a super villain.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Is this herb smoking an electronic cigarette? And is he actually flicking off the not-ashes of his LED? I see him lighting the shit in the thumbnail, but not in the video. And since I can't tell, I'm going to assume the worst. Once he shows me his receipt and birth certificate, maybe I'll absolve him of such charges of twattery.

EDIT: Ok, I saw a little wisp of smoke. You got lucky this time, Gats. I was about to git you.
    It glows blue in one of his videos, which amused me. I've listened to him talk a time or two and while nothing he said seems memorable, this could be because his illuminated knowledge sunk ever so deeply past the conscious part of my brain.