Page 193 of 334 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 6662

Thread: Politics thread

Still responds to BLOO
    So today I found out most people in my job have no problem with the US waiting hand and foot on Israel, and think all Palestinians are sacks of shit.

When I thought I knew what they meant when I mentioned silent acquiescence, they just stared back confused.

Dumb ass whitey strikes again.

Pwnd
    "But that's whar all our Jayzus stuff come from! They must be good ppl rawr"

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Baby Bloo, dealing with the ig'nant white devil, pictured below.

Pwnd

Honkey Kong
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#axzz2Jy0SWBc6

>Convert to Islam
    >Go to UK
    >Rape lolis
    >Get away with it

You guys tired of your two-tiered justice system yet? Say something racist on Twitter as a native and you get prison time. Rape 13 year olds as an immigrant and no jail time. Gang up on a UK native and beat her up, no jail time.

The country that used to make everyone bow to it is bending over so far backwards for everyone else it's bound to break. Someone is bound to snap and go all Brievik on your asses if you don't get this under control. Stay strong England.

P.S. Don't think I'm looking down on anyone, our justice system is fucked as well.

But in our defence ....Kelly Brook's looking just rosy!

NEWS

Pwnd
    I don't think that this dude is as sinister as you make him out to be (especially since this seems to be a case of statutory rape where the girl had consented to the affair, as opposed to just flat-out rape as the article cites, which implies force and coercion), but ignorance of the law is not an excuse for not following the law.

With that said, is sending him into a prison with hardened criminals the best thing to do for him in this situation? When you imprison dudes like this who have no real criminal record, you end up turning them into actual criminals by the time they're released.

I'd put him on some kind of probation or house arrest (EDIT: Which is what the judge did, it turns out).

‘It is not too far to say that he may not have known that having sex with a 13-year-old girl was illegal.’ Judge Stokes sentenced Rashid to nine months youth custody, suspended for two years, along with a two-year probation supervision order.

Describing Rashid, the judge said: ‘He’s had an unusual education, certainly in terms of the sexual education provided. Comparing women to lollipops is a very curious way of teaching young men about sex.’

But he said that Rashid knew what he was doing was wrong.

‘It was made clear to you at the school you attended that having sexual relations with a woman before marriage was contrary to the precepts of Islam,’ he said.

Addressing Rashid, the judge said: ‘I accept this was a case where the girl was quite willing to have sexual activity with you. But the law is there to protect young girls, even though they are perfectly happy to engage in sexual activity.’

Honkey Kong
    I would agree if it turns out to be just statutory. But my main point is rape(and full on gang beating in the other case I mentioned) are not punished with jail time yet saying bad things on Twitter is. Throwing someone in prison with hardened criminals for offensive statements is much worse than getting locked up for statutory rape/rape.

Pwnd
    Well, we have to keep in mind that these decisions are made by entirely different judges. Each judge is allowed free reign to carry out the law to their discretion and interpretation. On the larger level, what you cite does seem absurd and contradictory, but these decisions are made by different individuals. When you have so many different people with different ways to go about their job, you're bound to get rulings which seem entirely at odds with one another. It's better to view these things by a case-by-case basis, and to either judge them individually or against the rulings of the same judge (as opposed to holding the judgement of one individual against the judgement of an entirely different individual).

Honkey Kong
    I DON'T CARE FOR YOUR REASON AND LOGIC I WANNA RAGE.

I see your point, but think there could be a trend forming in preferential treatment to those who aren't native to the UK. Of course I only mentioned 2 cases but from the horses mouths across the pond its common. I would have to research it to say for sure it's a trend/common, but the voices across the net seem to be convinced it is. Here say and all that, but it's not a good climate if there's any truth to it.

Pwnd
    So after all this bullshit about the VW commercial during the Super Bowl and this little spat about Tiny Tina (both revolving around charges of racism made primarily by white people), I'm ready to concede that white guilt is in fact a thing.

Congratulations usedtabe, I've been won over.

Still responds to BLOO
    The only good SB commerical was Leon SandCastle

Honkey Kong
    No, you won. Here's your complimentary They Live glasses. Helps to spot those of Hebrew persuasion.

But for real, I thought most people had acknowledged some level of white guilt exists. Now it just seems to have reached a head, a tide where we can hopefully point to the watermark as it recedes back to the extreme pussification from whence it came.

Pwnd
    I just thought it was bullshit because I've had it used against me whenever I'd tell people that I'd be voting for Obama. "You're only doing that because of your white guilt." Guilt? What guilt do I have? I didn't do that shit! I wasn't even alive back then! I ain't got shit to feel guilty about!

Then today happened, and it was like, "...Ok, this actually is a thing."

Also, I've secretly despised Patricia Hernandez on Kotaku after I read some stupid ass piece she did on Neopets. Then I saw your comment on the front page about her and her relation to this story, and my dislike of her was cemented even more. It really doesn't help that her writing is poor and she's the most boring mother fucker that I've run into on the internet.

What happened with the Superbowl commercial? I watched like 57% of the game and on mute, at that.

I briefly caught up & then ignored the Tiny Tina thing. Verbal blackface? I was watching some Mad Men over the weekend in which there was actual, Al Jolson level black face. I saw that and was like, ":O dis so racist :O"

Pwnd
    Tiny Tina was one of the few redeeming things about that damn game.

Apparently, Jamaica is a race now, and this ad is racist. I thought this thing was the funniest damn thing that I've seen in a while.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    I just thought it was bullshit because I've had it used against me whenever I'd tell people that I'd be voting for Obama. "You're only doing that because of your white guilt." Guilt? What guilt do I have? I didn't do that shit! I wasn't even alive back then! I ain't got shit to feel guilty about!

Then today happened, and it was like, "...Ok, this actually is a thing."

Also, I've secretly despised Patricia Hernandez on Kotaku after I read some stupid ass piece she did on Neopets. Then I saw your comment on the front page about her and her relation to this story, and my dislike of her was cemented even more. It really doesn't help that her writing is poor and she's the most boring mother fucker that I've run into on the internet.
    Just like most things politics the masses apply truthful buzzwords in the wrong way. Just like it was only Uncle Toms or" Not really black" black people who supported Romney. Anything to make your "political enemy" feel bad about their personal choice.

I too don't know what happened at the super bowl, but I shall find out. *edit* never mind ninja'd by the video lol.

So that ad made me smile kind of like when the devil in Meet Joe Black starts talking with a Jamaican accent and being all handsome and stuff.

Also, Borderlands 2 was okay and Tiny Tina amused me.

...Am I a racist? D:

Pwnd
    The thing that gets me is that Dave Chapelle can put on a wig and throw some baby powder on his face, and there's not a single cry of foul play. Race has nothing to do with any of these examples. They're mimicking cultural behaviors and dialects, which are not inherently tied to any one race. Culture is learned, not embedded into your DNA.

Also, the misuse of the word "racism" drives me up a wall. It's the belief that one race is inherently inferior or superior to another, not a criticism or mimicking of a particular culture. Words have meanings for a reason, even if these people wish to not acknowledge them.

Guys, help me out here, I am having a personal identity crisis.

I don't like racing games. Am I racist?

I was thinking about trading in my black Vita and buying a white one. Am I racist?

I grew up in an urban, poor environment in a poor, immigrant family and thusly use certain culturally appropriated slang that one might expect of urban youths of color. Am I racist?