Page 181 of 334 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 191 231 281 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 6667

Thread: Politics thread

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Oh hell yeah. I used to hate cops back when I was a young punk, but now that I'm an older punk I think they should be everywhere.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-19-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: btw i mean punk as in sex pistols, not that prison thing

Pwnd
    Those 13 years of police experience/firearms training paid off. All because of a break-up too. There are no participation ribbons in getting dumped. I guess the kid didn't get the memo.

That's what you get for trying it during a Hobbit screening. That shit most certainly shall not pass.

Honkey Kong
    I was more surprised that it was only one guy and he happens to be a off-duty cop. This is Texas and concealed carry is encouraged and widely participated in. Of course others there that might have been armed probably just assumed first responder had it under control and rightfully so.

Pwnd
    She happened to be an off-duty cop.*

It was a wimman.

Honkey Kong
    Nice. I skim-read then checked the source but didn't notice the gender. That makes it comical IMO. Shooting up a place because of a girl and a woman puts you down.

Cosmic irony. It will get you every time.

Pwnd
    'V For Vendetta' Airs In China, Stunning TV Viewers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2335144.html

That's a shame. Nobody should be subjected to that bastardization of a movie. They were probably stunned when they saw that it had no relation to Alan Moore's work. We should air-drop copies of the comic book to them.

Pwnd
    Thing about Moore is, people love the movies as long as they don't read the original comics first. There are exceptions but that seems to be the general trend. Having not read the comic, I thought the V movie was awesome. You know what's even more awesome? It being shown in China. Didn't see that one coming.

What the fuck did Snyder do to Ozymandias? Fuck you, Snyder.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What the fuck did Snyder do to Ozymandias? Fuck you, Snyder.
    iknorite

Wait, V for Vendetta was terrible in relation to the comic is was apparently based upon?

That's... disconcerting, to say the least... I really enjoyed that movie and thought it was done superbly : <

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Moore
    When I wrote "V," politics were taking a serious turn for the worse over here. We'd had [Conservative Party Prime Minister] Margaret Thatcher in for two or three years, we'd had anti-Thatcher riots, we'd got the National Front and the right wing making serious advances. "V for Vendetta" was specifically about things like fascism and anarchy.

Those words, "fascism" and "anarchy," occur nowhere in the film. It's been turned into a Bush-era parable by people too timid to set a political satire in their own country. In my original story there had been a limited nuclear war, which had isolated Britain, caused a lot of chaos and a collapse of government, and a fascist totalitarian dictatorship had sprung up. Now, in the film, you've got a sinister group of right-wing figures — not fascists, but you know that they're bad guys — and what they have done is manufactured a bio-terror weapon in secret, so that they can fake a massive terrorist incident to get everybody on their side, so that they can pursue their right-wing agenda. It's a thwarted and frustrated and perhaps largely impotent American liberal fantasy of someone with American liberal values [standing up] against a state run by neo-conservatives — which is not what "V for Vendetta" was about. It was about fascism, it was about anarchy, it was about [England]. The intent of the film is nothing like the intent of the book as I wrote it. And if the Wachowski brothers had felt moved to protest the way things were going in America, then wouldn't it have been more direct to do what I'd done and set a risky political narrative sometime in the near future that was obviously talking about the things going on today?
    But that'd require the Wachowski brothers to develop an original thought.

Honkey Kong
    To me that's nothing compared to what they did to From Hell.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    But that'd require the Wachowski brothers to develop an original thought.
    The Merovingian from the Matrix films is actually Vigo from Ghostbusters II.

Fucking NRA.

Pwnd
    Chuck Hagel Apologizes For 1998 Comment On Gay Ambassadorial Nominee James Hormel

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2346930.html

Apologizing for 14-year-old comments? This dude's about to be nominated.

---

Dems Grow More Unified While Cracks Form in the GOP

http://nationaljournal.com//columns/...e-gop-20121220

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    'V For Vendetta' Airs In China, Stunning TV Viewers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2335144.html

That's a shame. Nobody should be subjected to that bastardization of a movie. They were probably stunned when they saw that it had no relation to Alan Moore's work. We should air-drop copies of the comic book to them.
    It would have been better if the Wachowskis could convey anything in their films without pummeling you over the head with it. I can see the themes at work here, I don't need you to spell every little thing out for me.

That movie jumped the shark early and often but it really fell off the rails during the imprisonment sequence. What a waste of time.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Iowa court: Bosses can fire 'irresistible' workers

"A dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant that he found attractive simply because he and his wife viewed the woman as a threat to their marriage, the all-male Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday."

Having read the story I'm totally convinced he would have said exactly the same thing to a dude, and his wife would have been just as jealous.