Page 180 of 330 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 190 230 280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 6585

Thread: Politics thread

[Level 5: Mech]
    Apparently the Westboro Baptist Church plans to hold one of its jerkwad demonstrations at the funerals of the Sandy Hook victims (is there anyone's death they WON'T show up for?). Unfortunately for them, their announcement got Anonymous' attention.

Honkey Kong
    >still getting trolled by a "church" made up entirely of lawyers who sue the people they provoke into violence

>2012

I think Anonymous is a lot like Batman. Their version of justice isn't always in line with the law, but in a world so far gone, it's the only kind that's still true justice. Anonymous is the hero this world needs.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletMagnet View Post
    Apparently the Westboro Baptist Church plans to hold one of its jerkwad demonstrations at the funerals of the Sandy Hook victims (is there anyone's death they WON'T show up for?). Unfortunately for them, their announcement got Anonymous' attention.
    You know it's just a matter of time before someone shoots them, right? The WBC that is. Really looking forward to that myself.

In response, the hacker group Anonymous posted personal information of church members online, including phone numbers, home and email addresses.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-16-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: deleted smiley, emphasized "them"

The complete corporate takeover of every aspect of our lives continues: in case working for McDonald's isn't already trying enough, chances are that they didn't deign to give you Thanksgiving off, and guess what? You might not get Christmas off either.

In this case I'm just as teed off at the general public's role in this: seriously, how in heaven's name are there so many people jumping at the chance to eat mass-produced junk on one of the few days a majority of employers still let employees go for? If you're willing to play the corporate pawn to this extent (for Pete's sake, do you feel anything when you look at these people's faces when you place your order?) you're almost as bad as they are.

Pwnd
    So? Thor has a day too y'know. It's not like people get special treatment on Thursday.

I see your point though, haha -- I don't mean to shit up your thread or anything. Yeah that is bad.

Ooh, ooh, I got another one!

Instagram was planning to change its terms to allow it to sell uploaded photos without informing or compensating the uploaders - with no way to opt out except deleting your account before the change is implemented! Since then they've apparently promised to go back to the drawing board on this (in its own words, many of its customers are apparently "confused and upset" about what its real goals here were), but exactly where this goes remains to be seen.

Here's hoping that this is one case where the free market actually works as intended, and any service provider with such awful terms sinks beneath the waves.

Pwnd
    That reminds me of a quote I saw Niero reference once.

"If you're enjoying a free service, you probably are the product"

Something to that effect, paraphrasing here of course. I might even be wrong about seeing Niero reference it. Who knows?

edit, I think I found the quote -

http://futureoftheinternet.org/meme-...re-the-product

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20780584

I hate the way all the politicians seem to be trying to shift this into a discussion about the wording, and whether or not he said 'pleb', and disregarding the fact he swore at a police officer. As if any regular person wouldn't be arrested on the spot for that :|

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I wouldn't say boo to an officer, nevermind anything else.

Fuckin' plebs.

I think that entire issue is a piss take. Oh well. British Politics.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Fuckin' plebs.

I think that entire issue is a piss take. Oh well. British Politics.
    A joke in and of itself.

Pwnd
    Lol. No wonder the UN don't let you kids have guns. You'd shoot a cop just for hurting your precious little feels.

The UN? Man I hope you're kidding. But yeah don't be a dick and bring up guns otherwise the boring sorts will show up and actually debate gun control.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    don't be a dick
    Be careful with the language there.

Darling.

PLEB.

Pwnd
    You British birds and your sexy racisms!

oh shit that was supposed to be a gif

Did she actually say that?

Pwnd
    I can't tell, her lips aren't moving

- - - Updated - - -

they all said that. all of them