Page 179 of 332 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 189 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 6623

Thread: Politics thread

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    Hey, who knows, maybe South Park was right and mormonism was the right choice.
    You mean God wants us to have twelve wives? That bastard!

Well we gotta have some way of fighting back against 72 virgins man. There's a lot of crazy shit a man will do if he thinks he's getting 72 virgins for it! If it were an absolute fact and not just a cheap sales ploy, fuck, I'd run a plane into whatever fucking building you want.

Pwnd
    Well we gotta have some way of fighting back against 72 virgins man. There's a lot of crazy shit a man will do if he thinks he's getting 72 virgins for it! If it were an absolute fact and not just a cheap sales ploy, fuck, I'd run a plane into whatever fucking building you want.
    That's how you know terrorists are crazy. A sane man would be perfectly satisfied with maybe three or so women who really knew what they were doing. And 72 virgins, The Sir says monkey piss all over that. Just imagine what your sheets would look like afterwards.

From the virgins I mean. Not the monkey piss.

I'm no expert, but I'm not entirely certain that bed sheets, or the washing thereof, are a thing that matters in heaven.

Pwnd
    I'm no expert, but I'm not entirely certain that bed sheets, or the washing thereof, are a thing that matters in heaven.
    So now God endorses dirty bedsheets. This is literally unbelievable.

Who's to say there are beds at all? Or sleeping for that matter? Stop applying your petty real world characteristics to a higher plane of existence mortal!

Pwnd
    Who's to say there are beds at all? Or sleeping for that matter? Stop applying your petty real world characteristics to a higher plane of existence mortal!
    That last part is a good point. A very good point. People should stop doing that.

Also, crap, I guess we should leave this thread be for a moment (or at least take it seriously) -- y'know, give Rev a chance to catch up and all. He's pretty into the politics and such, and I'm getting burned out on pro wrestler RP anyway. lol

Aww, here I was hoping to high jack the politics thread with religion... Damn you aspirations, always stringing me alone with bright lights only to snuff it out when I get close!

Pwnd
    Aww, here I was hoping to high jack the politics thread with religion... Damn you aspirations, always stringing me alone with bright lights only to snuff it out when I get close!
    I've been thinking about starting a religion thread for a looong time now, but never really got to that. If you want to start one go for it. This part of the forum would probably be the best place, y'know, right by politics.

Admin / Midget King
    I thought we had one a while back. Think it faded away eventually.

Edit: Yup, we've had three. Bump this one and I'll merge the others into it later.

http://forum.destructoid.com/showthr...about-religion!

Honkey Kong
    Cool. I've been mulling over a short essay in my head about being a Christian who supports gay marriage. I'll cross-post because it'll have a religious and political reasoning breakdown.

I was entirely satirical in my hopes that this would become a religion thread, or that I even wanted a religion thread to exist (though I had no doubt one already did on this site, however far buried). You can read any given post I've ever made around here and figure out pretty quickly why I'm not a prime candidate for that sort of thing. In fact, I should probably just be banned from that thread right now.

13. 12-15-2012, 03:02 PM

Honkey Kong

Buying body armor in Connecticut is no easy feat unless he bought it in person.

Pwnd
    Let a yankee let you in on a little secret:

When you want to get shit that's hard to find, or are just looking to avoid sales tax, you go to New Hampshire. I'm sure that I don't need to explain why. There are three or four different states in an immediate range where he could have got any of that shit from.

Honkey Kong
    Yeah, I figured that too. To me though it points to a more coordinated effort than he woke up that day and just decided to kill everyone. More planning than they like to paint it as "oh he found some shit lying around and just went crazy".

Lousiana does the same shit to avoid bottle rocket firework laws. Texas/Arkansas border stores make a killing.

Also, reasons I love Obama:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...gel-85088.html

Pwnd
    I can't see him running into too many challenges in the confirmation process, even if they try to beat him with the anti-Semite stick. The Senate isn't likely to railroad one of their own. The House might be a little tougher.

Honkey Kong
    Dude I will literally celebrate if someone openly anti-Israel or just America first instead of Israel first get's into a position like that.

Pwnd
    Actually, I misspoke. Cabinet positions are only voted on by the Senate, which means that the opinions of House members mean jack shit. With that in mind, I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up on Defense. Kerry was the former front-runner, but he's been bumped up to State since Rice dropped out.

Honkey Kong
    Anyone in the Defense Department who's initial instinct isn't "ISRAEL GREATEST ALLY PROTECT AT ALL COST" is a victory to me. I'll be watching this closely.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Corporate profits versus wages (adjusted for inflation iirc)