Page 176 of 336 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 186 226 276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 6702

Thread: Politics thread

Honkey Kong

Know what the difference is? Nothing. One is a AR-15 the other is a .223, but they both fire the same ammo, both can be semi-automatic and both can get extended clips. The only difference is the look, unless you have a class 3 license or military clearance to get the full-auto version.

The AR-15 is basically a "range princess" for weekend warriors who enjoy the military aesthetic. Why someone would buy that version over the hunting one for their kid I have no clue. My 10 year old niece is getting a youth model .223 for Christmas to go hunting with her dad. It's a weak gun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post

Know what the difference is? Nothing. One is a AR-15 the other is a .223, but they both fire the same ammo, both can be semi-automatic and both can get extended clips. The only difference is the look, unless you have a class 3 license or military clearance to get the full-auto version.

The AR-15 is basically a "range princess" for weekend warriors who enjoy the military aesthetic. Why someone would buy that version over the hunting one for their kid I have no clue. My 10 year old niece is getting a youth model .223 for Christmas to go hunting with her dad. It's a weak gun imo.
    Again, I was just curious. I grew up with shotguns and rifles for hunting. Was never an issue. The people that I know buying these weapons on the other hand. I don't trust them to handle the weapons carefully. I refuse to be around them.

Honkey Kong
    I figured dude, wasn't trying to talk down to you or anything, sorry if it came off that way. I Was also posting for the curious who read along/lurk these conversations.

I figured dude, wasn't trying to talk down to you or anything, sorry if it came off that way. I Was also posting for the curious who read along/lurk these conversations.
    I didn't take it personally.

Pwnd
    Shooter identified.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2302541.html

I think that another thing that's not being discussed as much as the new element behind these shootings:

The gunman was wearing dark clothing, a mask, a bulletproof vest, and was carrying four guns.
    We're now seeing an escalation of this arms race between psychopaths and citizens. I think that the availability of body armor gives these people the courage to go on these rampages by providing a sense of immunity from retaliation for their actions. First it was the shooter in Aurora that had body armor, then the one in Portland, and now this one. Maybe that's another thing that should be looked at.

Pwnd
    Why would he need body armor to shoot children and then turn the gun on himself? There's no tactical advantage there. It's as if in his deranged mind he was trying to shield himself from something else altogether. You really have to be careful with what you read into this stuff though, obviously.

I also want to watch The Mentalist right now. It's cheesy as fuck but it helps life make sense sometimes.

Just waiting for all of the anti-video game and dark knight nuts to start screaming.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Why would he need body armor to shoot children and then turn the gun on himself? There's no tactical advantage there. It's as if in his deranged mind he was trying to shield himself from something else altogether. You really have to be careful with what you read into this stuff though, obviously.

I also want to watch The Mentalist right now. It's cheesy as fuck but it helps life make sense sometimes.
    Maybe his conscience finally kicked in once he saw the consequences of his daydreams--a sort of buyer's remorse. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Shooter identified.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2302541.html

I think that another thing that's not being discussed as much as the new element behind these shootings:

We're now seeing an escalation of this arms race between psychopaths and citizens. I think that the availability of body armor gives these people courage to go on these rampages by providing a sense of immunity from retaliation for their actions. First it was the shooter in Aurora that had body armor, then the one in Portland, and now this one. Maybe that's another thing that should be looked at.
    Also read that the shooter's younger brother is being held

Honkey Kong
    They're saying it might be the younger brother that did it.

Before the conspiracy theory shouts come I'm still amazed that these young kids can get access to fucking grenades and thousands of rounds of ammunition. Or in the case of the Aurora shooting over $10k worth of equipment. Shit never sits right with me. I'm in the hobby, finding this shit is not as easy as searching fucking google shopping. Finding people willing to trust you enough to sell it to you is even more ridiculously time consuming.

My cousin is already pointing to violence and video games.

Somebody mentioned that in Steamtoid too. I really hope this asshole has never been within a hundred yards of a gamestop, otherwise there could be a foul shitstorm coming.

Before the conspiracy theory shouts come I'm still amazed that these young kids can get access to fucking grenades and thousands of rounds of ammunition. Or in the case of the Aurora shooting over $10k worth of equipment. Shit never sits right with me. I'm in the hobby, finding this shit is not as easy as searching fucking google shopping. Finding people willing to trust you enough to sell it to you is even more ridiculously time consuming.
    In fairness to you, I find it really weird too. It would be easy to believe that there's more to it than them going crazy and acquiring all that on their lonesome.

again, as i said earlier, I know people like this. People who are literally prepping for government take over. I just don't fucking get it.

People are strange.

Pwnd
    Don't you guys know that Metal Gear Solid is a documentary? The Patriots La Li Lu Le Lo exists.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by digtastik View Post
    again, as i said earlier, I know people like this. People who are literally prepping for government take over. I just don't fucking get it.

Yeah, but prepping is the key word. If they've amassed that kind of stuff it's been over a long period of time, and shit like grenades is just not something you can go ask someone to sell you. They will literally look at you like you are retarded or get paranoid that you're ATF and just shut down the conversation. I asked for shits and giggles at a gun show once, wasn't appreciated.

I don't know, don't want to steer the conversation into baseless speculation-land but just thought it's weird the things these kids can get their hands on in a matter of a month or less.

[Level 8: Skynet]

So this is sort of an important/useful thing to consider (particular the expert's warnings in the latter half).

Too bad our corporate owned media is disgusting.

Pwnd
    Let's follow the logic of such a premise (and feel free to correct me if I misstep at any part):

So we go ahead and assume that this is a conspiracy by the White House(?)/agents in the Administration(?) to create an exploitable tragedy to help pass gun control legislation. Passing gun control legislation is a tremendous task, one which the Administration will probably lose regardless of any tragedy. Now in the mean time, we have a grueling debate on the debt ceiling, a grueling debate on taxation, and a grueling debate on spending cuts taking place at this very moment. There's a lot of heavy lifting going on in Congress right now, so much so that many people speculate that the Administration encouraged Susan Rice to drop out of her nomination for Secretary of State due to the sheer amount of work taking place. As one Democratic congressman is reported to have put it to the President: "How many fights on Capitol Hill do you want to have?"

Now given the fact that we're having gut wrenching negotiations on the debt, the deficit, taxes, and spending--as well as future fights already lined up on immigration, marijuana legalization, and Obamacare implementation--why would anybody want to increase the work load of the government with such a monumental endeavor as gun control?

Newswipe <3

Honkey Kong
    I don't know if I would even say it's a conspiracy involving the government TBH. I just doubt these kids did this all on their lonesome, someone had to broker these deals to purchase weapons of this magnitude and quantity, IMO. Could be random nuts, crazy Uncle, revival of the KKK or sponsored by The New Black Panthers for all I know. That or TOR has some new stores and amazing new stealthy shipping methods.

Not attacking your White House bby.

Just saying it's an achievement in itself to acquire some of those things by their lonesome, much less all of those things and on a sudden whim to commit mass murder.