Page 167 of 339 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 6768

Thread: Politics thread

Pwnd

Honkey Kong
    Gonna have to follow that guy now. He's gotten to be too big a lolcow to ignore.

Pwnd
    The Fox News meltdown on election night was just...incredible.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/422952

Poor Jdawg. "Yeah, but, but, in 2000, they didn't know if..."

"Jdawg...it's over, dude."

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Oh my word. *swoons*

Pwnd
    ^ I was just about to post that. She's very constructive with her criticism.

Fair and balanced, even.

Yeah, the fact bubble thing is a good point. It always makes me wonder when you see people calling Obama a communist, have any of them actually met any communists? Because they're really not like Obama :/

Honkey Kong
    Ahmadinejad says anyone stockpiling nuclear weapons is retarded.

Surely if we gave Obama the Nobel this guy can get one. Ahmadinejad 2016.

Honkey Kong
    Is The GOP Headed For The Boneyard?

Would the GOP wipeout in those heavily Catholic, ethnic, socially conservative, blue-collar bastions of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio and Illinois, which Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan swept, have anything to do with the fact that the United States since 2000 has lost 6 million manufacturing jobs and 55,000 factories?

Where did all those jobs and factories go? We know where.

They were outsourced. And in the deindustrialization of America, the Republican Party has been a culpable co-conspirator.

Unlike family patriarch Sen. Prescott Bush, who voted with Barry Goldwater and Strom Thurmond against JFK’s free-trade deal, Bush I and II pumped for NAFTA, GATT the WTO and opening America’s borders to all goods made by our new friends in the People’s Republic of China.

It's bad when Pat has to show you the error of your ways.

[Level 5: Mech]

Pwnd
    Denise Helms, California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2104184.html

Quote Originally Posted by Denise "Not Racist" Helms
    Another 4 years of this [insert racial epithet the forums will not allow]. Maybe he will get assassinated this term.
    The next day:

Quote Originally Posted by Denis "Who, me? Racist?" Helms
    So apparently my post last night about Obama got onto Twitter and Fox 40 came and interviewed me cause apparently a lot of people in Sacramento think I'm crazy and racist. WOW is all I got to say!! I'm not racist and I'm not crazy. just simply stating my opinion.!!!
    WWOOOWWWW. Can't anybody talk about offing elected officials anymore? What kind of tyranny is this? We're losing our freedoms every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiq View Post
    There's a scary amount of hate going around, (that probably applies to both posts really.)
    Last edited by Panzadolphin56; 11-10-2012 at 02:39 AM.

[Level 8: Skynet]

Purveyor of Fine Ladies
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Denise Helms, California Woman, Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2104184.html

The next day:

WWOOOWWWW. Can't anybody talk about offing elected officials anymore? What kind of tyranny is this? We're losing our freedoms every day.
    LOL yeah there was this too. http://jezebel.com/5958993/racist-te...EBAG-president

Some folks feel bad for the kids(I say kids but these are mostly high schoolers), but the kids were stupid enough to say what they did on a public site like twitter, and for listing their own names and schools on twitter. They may as well had yelled it in the middle of the street.

Pwnd
    General David Petraeus, CIA Director and famed 4-star General of the Iraq and Afghanistan Surges, resigned yesterday. People are coming out and accusing the White House of some sort of conspiracy with what happened in Libya. The truth is much simpler than that.

David Petraeus' wife:

David Petraeus' squeeze:

Apparently he might have been leaking classified intel with Broadwell, who is a journalist. The FBI has been monitoring Petraeus' emails for months after they found out Broadwell may have had access to his personal email account.

Also: The biggest thing that can fuck you up when you try to get government security clearance is having shit like this going on that can be used to blackmail you. Having this on him completely ruins the integrity needed to run the CIA.

EDIT: Ninja'd
    Last edited by Revuhlooshun; 11-10-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Honkey Kong
    Dude should have been promoted for staying married to that one.

Pwnd
    For real. I can't even blame the man. But you can't be CIA chief and also be hiding an affair. You can't even be CIA mailroom boy and also be hiding an affair.

Anything you hide, be it affairs, former convictions, former political affiliations, or whatever you're embarrassed about that can be used to blackmail you -- it will kill your intelligence career.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiq View Post

They are recognizing this as a positive, right...?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Yeah, but Petraeus has had top secret clearance for several years and had already proven himself to be a trusted ally of the United States, the idea that he'd compromise US intel for a secret so menial that he flat out announced it for the nation to hear just seems silly to me. However, I guess the CIA likes conforming to the stereotype of it's workers having totally empty lives for the sake of making them better at their intel.
    All of that doesn't matter. We're not talking about a childhood clubhouse here. It's not even about stereotypes -- it's about having integrity, being trustworthy. The man set himself up to be manipulated and compromised. I'm guessing it wasn't until the CIA or FBI confronted him about it, that he found out the FBI had been monitoring him this whole time, that he finally decided to come clean about it. It doesn't matter if you've been reliable before. Today's today, not yesterday. Aldrich Ames had been a career CIA analyst for 18 years before he started spying for the Soviet Union from 1985 to 1994. Your past reliability means shit if you start becoming unrealiable. Opening yourself to being manipulated is a danger every person who joins the CIA knows to avoid, especially its director.

Petraeus fucked up, plain and simple.

Pwnd
    No shit. It's what can lead you to become one.

But no, it's because the CIA is all about them stereotypes.

Pwnd
    Cause why would the CIA ever worry about its agents being blackmailed? How silly.