Page 1 of 323 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics thread

Honkey Kong

Politics thread

I figured I would make a place where we can discuss things belonging to the nature of politics. Also, I get tired of spamming the Bar with my political links. It's like I'm that one guy at the bar trying to be serious when everyone else just wants to have fun.

Also, it goes without saying, that while discourse is encouraged, outright flaming(ad hominem) is not encouraged. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but attacking the person instead of their views/arguments makes you look stupid.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Is this going to be just America, or everywhere?

Honkey Kong
    Everywhere.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Alright, kind of a stupid question.

Honkey Kong
    Never a stupid question bro. Cheers.

Discuss: A Jewish doctorate calls out a girl(also Jewish) who tries to play the "Holocaust" card during a discussion of Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Pwnd
    So I ran across this and found it interesting:

After years of declaring he stood for “truth, justice and the American way,” Superman has provoked the ire of rightwingers by threatening to renounce his US citizenship.

In the latest issue of Action Comics, which went on sale on Wednesday, the Man of Steel decides to take the step after he intervenes in a protest against the Iranian government. After the Islamic regime brands his non-violent protest as an act of war taken on behalf of the US president, the DC comic hero says he will renounce his citizenship before the United Nations.

“I’m tired of having my actions construed as instruments of US policy,” he says.

Honkey Kong

Bringer of Truth
    GOOD

KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUTTA OUR BAR! (now all talk of politics will link here with the words "We have a Politics thread you know...")

Pwnd
    You know what else is weird about Superman? He was actually the villain in his first story. It was written by a Jewish guy and referred to Hitler's Nietzschian concept of the ‹bermensch.

For my fellow Canadians:

www.shitharperdid.com

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Petro1313 View Post
    For my fellow Canadians:

www.shitharperdid.com
    According to polls it looks like the NDP might have a chance at winning. What are your thoughts on them?

I'm not sure about federally, but provincially they promised to cut tuition rates and after they won, they literally did the exact opposite and are raising tuition by a certain percentage (I can't remember the exact number) each year. So they kind of made a bad impression on a lot of people, especially in the 18-25 demographic.

[Level 5: Mech]
    So you HAPPEN to start this thread the same day Osama Bin Laden is killed.

Coincidence?

I think...

probably.

[Level 5: Mech]
    was it last sunday or this sunday? NY Times, MSNBC, and Fox News just say 'sunday,' and CNN has very little info except that he is dead.

Fifth Dimensional Admin
    The raid took place yesterday, the order to go ahead with it was given on Friday. They've suspected he was there since early this year:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc...ent/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Obama
    Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

Honkey Kong
    Very interesting

Jeff Goldblum
    That was proven fake. This whole thing doesn't seem right but we'll never have the correct info so it's really hard to know what happened.

Honkey Kong
    GG Iceland

Iceland is free. And it will remain so, so long as her people wish to remain autonomous of the foreign domination of her would-be masters — in this case, international bankers.
    On April 9, the fiercely independent people of island-nation defeated a referendum that would have bailed out the UK and the Netherlands who had covered the deposits of British and Dutch investors who had lost funds in Icesave bank in 2008.

At the time of the bank’s failure, Iceland refused to cover the losses. But the UK and Netherlands nonetheless have demanded that Iceland repay them for the “loan” as a condition for admission into the European Union.

“These were private banks and we didn’t pump money into them in order to keep them going; the state did not shoulder the responsibility of the failed private banks,” Iceland President Olafur Grimsson told Bloomberg Television.

The voters’ rejection came despite threats to isolate Iceland from funding in international financial institutions. Iceland’s national debt has already been downgraded by credit rating agencies, and now those same agencies have promised to do so once again as punishment for defying the will of international bankers.

Damn straight. In my ill-informed opinion (because I can barely grasp economics) Ireland should follow in suit of Iceland.

Honkey Kong
    That seems to be the general consensus of many people I talk to from all of the countries in the EU on a certain news/politics imageboard I frequent. EU is generally hated, from all political perspectives, at least in that pool of people.