Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

Honkey Kong
    That's my view on gaming in general lately. I don't get excited about the crazy shit you let me do by itself, I get excited about how well you let me do it.

My thoughts exactly. It's easy to let me do crazy shit. You have to make me BELIEVE I can do that stuff.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I won't argue with your guy's complaints about the controls but videogames absolutely do NOT have to be believable to be fun. That's ridiculous.

It's called suspension of disbelief for a reason. And I just can't suspend it for that game, it's poorly done. And the voices, aaaaaaaaargh.

Honkey Kong
    I was getting more at the controls personally. Doing crazy shit isn't fun to me when it's controlled like a train wreck. But I also see Victor's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just Cause 2 is shit. Being over the top is no excuse for poor controls and bland combat.

And no, I don't think using a grappling hook to get on a plane is cool. There's not enough suspension of disbelief in me for that.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's called suspension of disbelief for a reason. And I just can't suspend it for that game, it's poorly done. And the voices, aaaaaaaaargh.
    People don't play Just Cause 2 for the voice acting. You also don't need to believe Just Cause 2 could happen in real life, that's a silly requirement and would have ultimately ruined the game. Suspension of disbelief is more about internal logic within the universe of that piece of media. It doesn't really apply here because the game doesn't give a fuck about logic and chose to make most of the gameplay mechanics be fun instead.

Just cause 2 is also an incredibly well made game except for story which you do not need to even touch to have fun.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    That's my view on gaming in general lately. I don't get excited about the crazy shit you let me do by itself, I get excited about how well you let me do it.
    Holy sheeeeit - this needs to be sent as a gold-gilded and lovingly embossed reminder card to every goddamn major developer in existence. I can't agree more with these two sentences. Just not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    lol

People don't play Just Cause 2 for the voice acting. You also don't need to believe Just Cause 2 could happen in real life, that's a silly requirement and would have ultimately ruined the game. Suspension of disbelief is more about internal logic within the universe of that piece of media. It doesn't really apply here because the game doesn't give a fuck about logic and chose to make most of the gameplay mechanics be fun instead.

Just cause 2 is also an incredibly well made game except for story which you do not need to even touch to have fun.
    It's not well made in my book. Controls that bad aren't well made. Shooting is a chore, the vehicles behave erratically, everything's wrong with that game.

Saints Row also doesn't give half a shit about reality, but when I play it, I accept the crazy stuff that happens. That didn't work for Just Cause because all the rest is shit.

Gonna have to disagree with the general controls. Never thought the shooting was a chore either but that's almost entirely subjective. I'll agree with the land vehicles.

[Level 5: Mech]
    So GTA V, that's a thing that's happening.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fission Mailed View Post
    So GTA V, that's a thing that's happening.
    Just Cause 2. Why? Anyways the trailer was dope. I get what usedtabe is saying. Immersion is helped when you have a sense of logic running in the game.

Just Cause 3 should have Rico be an actual super hero.

Beast Master
    I found the "Lost island" in Just Cause 2, and even though it was pretty barren I still didn't want to leave that one piece of the map.

So I stopped playing.

[Level 2: Human]
    It's great series, but name "GTA" is not really suitable right now.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Because of the serial killer who carved it onto the colon walls of his victims?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Because of the serial killer who carved it onto the colon walls of his victims?
    Quote of the day?

If the shooting missions are as good as Max Payne 3, I think I'll throw my hat in to this one.

I really like how aggressively enemies will flank and get behind you in that game. You can't turtle and kill them just through having patience. I hope GTA5 plays the same.

A lot of the recent update sounds cool. I just hope I like the driving.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Max Payne 3 shooting in GTA would be phenomenal. I don't think that's going to be the case, though. It'll be more like Red Dead Redemption without the sluggish controls.

Seen the trailers. Looking good. They need to stop trying to sell the story and sell the gameplay now though. People were divided on the gameplay of GTA IV.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Previews did say the shooting mechanics were closer to Max Payne this time around, like you can run 'n' gun now. Michael can even slow down time.

Need to see some multiplayer before I make a commitment. Hope Rockstar don't spread themselves too thin and have like 20+ game modes like in all their other games.

And they'd better have more than 16 players in free roam, especially if the city in this game is bigger than all their previous games combined.

Ugh, now I want to pick up a copy of GTAIV to play some online.