OH, forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1836

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

  1. #261
    Yus. It was boring to have it on in MP.

  2. #262
    Related because Vice City is 10 years old now.


  3. #263
    Anybody else seen this?

    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ta-4-combined/

    The GTA V case will probably be the size of the season 1 ROME DVD box set to contain all those discs.

  4. #264
    I'd expect an install option like Battlefield 3 and Halo 4 had for the better textures. Or something like that.

  5. #265
    The longest install in gaming history. Review copies will be given out two months in advance to compensate for the install time.

    A part of me just called bullshit on the map size-claim.

  6. #266
    Is it the part of you that enjoys freshly squeezed Kitten for breakfast?

  7. #267

    7 posts since Dec 2012
    GTA needs to refine the San Andreas formula to release a classic.

  8. #268
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    1,886 posts since Feb 2012

    I did not like San Andreas at all, so no for me, and they clearly went away from that with GTA IV

  9. #269
    Arttemis's Avatar
    2,090 posts since Jan 2008

    Yeah, but going away from it led to an incredibly boring gameplay experience. San Andreas seems to be divisive because people didn't want to play as a thug gang banger and didn't like the soundtrack as much as Vice City, but the gameplay in SA is so insanely more varied and makes the things you could do in previous games seem like a demo. I'm sure 95% of the people who say they want it like SA do so because of the unprecedented freedom it gave you... with things like leave your house in Los Santos and take your supped up low rider to race, hop into a large truck and start a breaking and entering minigame, then drive into the desert on a dirt bike, grab a plane out of your private airfield, fly into a military base, bail out to steal a harrier jet, fly over a mountain, parachute onto the top and dirt bike all the way down, then find a hillbilly tow truck, drive it to your garage in San Fierro, then ride the train into Las Venturas to rob a bank.

  10. #270
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    1,886 posts since Feb 2012

    I liked the freedom, just not some gameplay mechanics and obligatory flying missions. I found San Andreas a much boring experience than GTA IV, but that's me, I hated all that gym bullshit

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    Yeah, but going away from it led to an incredibly boring gameplay experience. San Andreas seems to be divisive because people didn't want to play as a thug gang banger and didn't like the soundtrack as much as Vice City, but the gameplay in SA is so insanely more varied and makes the things you could do in previous games seem like a demo. I'm sure 95% of the people who say they want it like SA do so because of the unprecedented freedom it gave you... with things like leave your house in Los Santos and take your supped up low rider to race, hop into a large truck and start a breaking and entering minigame, then drive into the desert on a dirt bike, grab a plane out of your private airfield, fly into a military base, bail out to steal a harrier jet, fly over a mountain, parachute onto the top and dirt bike all the way down, then find a hillbilly tow truck, drive it to your garage in San Fierro, then ride the train into Las Venturas to rob a bank.
    Boring for you. I enjoyed every minute of it.

  12. #272

  13. #273
    That was a great mission in GTA Wild West's Zombie expansion.

    I also really, really, hope horses are in GTA V. They may already have been confirmed or denied but I don't pay enough attention and any game that allows me to belt into a horse at 150MPH with a sports car or plane is automatically my game of the decade.

  14. #274
    Stevil's Avatar
    9,553 posts since Jun 2010

    SA was clearly a culmination and love letter to the PS2 era. I think fans expected things to continue like that, but Rockstar would have painted themselves into a corner if they had. IV was a restart, and while it was a bit dull story-wise, it did its job as a next-gen statement.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Is it the part of you that enjoys freshly squeezed Kitten for breakfast?
    No!

    For lunch.

  16. #276
    Gorilla Gravy's Avatar
    3,059 posts since Sep 2012

    I hope they don't give us this big huge world and populate it with nothing.

    Like give us hundreds of miles of woods to explore with absolutely fuck all in them.

  17. #277
    Stevil's Avatar
    9,553 posts since Jun 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Like give us hundreds of miles of woods to explore with absolutely fuck all in them.
    Like a real forest?!

  18. #278

    22,144 posts since Oct 2009
    I can see his point though. You ever play Just Cause 2? That game was so much bigger than it really needed to be. And empty too. You had maybe one actual city and the rest of it was just unpopulated wilderness.

  19. #279
    Fuck Just Cause 2. Hate that game. It wasn't fun silly, just silly silly.

  20. #280
    BADZILLIAN.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Change forum colors & width:
Try a new theme: