Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

Yus. It was boring to have it on in MP.

Related because Vice City is 10 years old now.

Anybody else seen this?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ta-4-combined/

The GTA V case will probably be the size of the season 1 ROME DVD box set to contain all those discs.

I'd expect an install option like Battlefield 3 and Halo 4 had for the better textures. Or something like that.

The longest install in gaming history. Review copies will be given out two months in advance to compensate for the install time.

A part of me just called bullshit on the map size-claim.

Is it the part of you that enjoys freshly squeezed Kitten for breakfast?

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    GTA needs to refine the San Andreas formula to release a classic.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I did not like San Andreas at all, so no for me, and they clearly went away from that with GTA IV

Yeah, but going away from it led to an incredibly boring gameplay experience. San Andreas seems to be divisive because people didn't want to play as a thug gang banger and didn't like the soundtrack as much as Vice City, but the gameplay in SA is so insanely more varied and makes the things you could do in previous games seem like a demo. I'm sure 95% of the people who say they want it like SA do so because of the unprecedented freedom it gave you... with things like leave your house in Los Santos and take your supped up low rider to race, hop into a large truck and start a breaking and entering minigame, then drive into the desert on a dirt bike, grab a plane out of your private airfield, fly into a military base, bail out to steal a harrier jet, fly over a mountain, parachute onto the top and dirt bike all the way down, then find a hillbilly tow truck, drive it to your garage in San Fierro, then ride the train into Las Venturas to rob a bank.

I liked the freedom, just not some gameplay mechanics and obligatory flying missions. I found San Andreas a much boring experience than GTA IV, but that's me, I hated all that gym bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    Yeah, but going away from it led to an incredibly boring gameplay experience. San Andreas seems to be divisive because people didn't want to play as a thug gang banger and didn't like the soundtrack as much as Vice City, but the gameplay in SA is so insanely more varied and makes the things you could do in previous games seem like a demo. I'm sure 95% of the people who say they want it like SA do so because of the unprecedented freedom it gave you... with things like leave your house in Los Santos and take your supped up low rider to race, hop into a large truck and start a breaking and entering minigame, then drive into the desert on a dirt bike, grab a plane out of your private airfield, fly into a military base, bail out to steal a harrier jet, fly over a mountain, parachute onto the top and dirt bike all the way down, then find a hillbilly tow truck, drive it to your garage in San Fierro, then ride the train into Las Venturas to rob a bank.
    Boring for you. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Beast Master
    I hope bigfoot is in GTA V.

That was a great mission in GTA Wild West's Zombie expansion.

I also really, really, hope horses are in GTA V. They may already have been confirmed or denied but I don't pay enough attention and any game that allows me to belt into a horse at 150MPH with a sports car or plane is automatically my game of the decade.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    SA was clearly a culmination and love letter to the PS2 era. I think fans expected things to continue like that, but Rockstar would have painted themselves into a corner if they had. IV was a restart, and while it was a bit dull story-wise, it did its job as a next-gen statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Is it the part of you that enjoys freshly squeezed Kitten for breakfast?
    No!

For lunch.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I hope they don't give us this big huge world and populate it with nothing.

Like give us hundreds of miles of woods to explore with absolutely fuck all in them.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Like give us hundreds of miles of woods to explore with absolutely fuck all in them.
    Like a real forest?!

Pwnd
    I can see his point though. You ever play Just Cause 2? That game was so much bigger than it really needed to be. And empty too. You had maybe one actual city and the rest of it was just unpopulated wilderness.

Fuck Just Cause 2. Hate that game. It wasn't fun silly, just silly silly.

BADZILLIAN.