Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

I never played Mario Kart 64 until the second OHIONARP. The SNES original and Double Dash on the GCN are the only two that matter.

Still though, CTR was pretty damned great. Dingodile was my go-to dude.

Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    I didn't mind the driving in GTA IV, because I adapt in games. However, flying a fucking helicopter?? Fuck that noise. That was the hardest bullshit I have ever experienced in any game, ever.
    Seriously? I thought GTA IV had pretty great handling for them, especially if you ever tried flying one on original Xbox (black and white buttons are not good for turning) or on PC (keyboards are not for flying).

Honkey Kong
    Keyboards aren't for any kind of movement. WASD sucks compared to analog stick movement. Mouse aim is the best for cameras though.

I generally agree with that, though character movement with a keyboard does not render a game unplayable. There's really no way to make something like a Helicopter control in a comfortable and logical way using one.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    CTR was the shit.

That's all.

I'm out.

- - - Updated - - -

I'mma double post because I'm awful and can't be arsed to edit.

I thought flying with WSAD+Numpad worked great. When it comes it aiming and shooting while flying it does get complicated, but not any more complicated than it is with a controller (I've beaten IV on both PC and PS3 and Episodes on PS3)

Double post fail.

I've played Vice City and San Andreas on PC, and having a control for a variable that is simply full strength or none simply does not match up. It's analogue versus digital up in this bitch.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Yeah I did not know about that feature.

- - - Updated - - -

It's why I'm King of Bad Forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, how about triple posting?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit this is awesome.

Your crown, rightfully worn.

Argentina. Huh.

You may have seen it on a map.

We will probably fight to the death one day.

That's not a knife...
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    I didn't mind the driving in GTA IV, because I adapt in games. However, flying a fucking helicopter?? Fuck that noise. That was the hardest bullshit I have ever experienced in any game, ever.
    Easiest chopper flying I've ever had. I did have a fuckload of practice though in MP.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Isn't Steam working on a new piece of hardware that bridges the gap of the keyboard's many buttons and mouse's precision with controller's analog movement and ergonomic button placements? I will build a kickass HTPC the second that's released so I can play PC games on my living room TV from the comfort of my couch.

Don't most PC games support controllers now? (except for strategy and stuff like that)

Missing the point of the mouse being better for aiming but the stick better for movement there, Vicky.

Waggle waggle.

Oh, right. Yeah. That. But aiming never bothered me in GTA.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Yeah, aiming doesn't really bother me that much either. I play console games exclusively on my living room HDTV now since I don't have a small and powerful enough computer to hook up there; I'm used to traditional controllers. That said, if Steam can successfully create that controller type, I hope it becomes a new standard for all games, regardless of the platform. I'd love to be able to play shooters from my couch with mouse-like aiming precision... but without a mouse... and still keep all the controller ergonomics and movement precision.

Honkey Kong
    The aiming bit was more of a general statement unrelated to GTA. Besides GTA aiming is mainly lock on trash anyway so of course no one has a problem with it.

That's not a knife...
    That lock on bullshit pissed me off. Good thing you can switch it off.