Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yeah I know, it's why I said "if", a man can dream ;_;
    Also, not sure but I think L.A. Noire doesn't use the RAGE engine, and RDR came out a while ago, and from the screenshots I do think there's been some major improvements that make it look closer to MP3. Like I said, can't wait to see it in motion.
    L.A. Noire used Havoc instead of Euphoria for physics, but I believe it used a variation of RAGE because Rockstar jumped in and took over towards the end. The facial animation was all Team Bondi, though.

That said, GTAV will be a step up from GTAIV. They've refined the tech since 2008, as we've seen with RDR.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    The face tech in LA Noire only looked great from far away like when you were in cover and yelling at some dude shooting at you.

Up close? Yeesh.

Also LA Noire was one of the most boring games I've ever played. The game just dragged on and on. And to think Team Bondi originally had a Burglary and White Collar crimes desk planned for that already bloated carcass of a game. Should have just cut out all the other desks except for Homicide and focused solely on that.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Opinions. I absolutely loved the detective gameplay. My wife would watch me gather clues then participate in the questionings and interrogations. It was like playing an episode of Dragnet or Law & Order. I don't think any of the aspects are appropriate or relevant for a GTA game, though.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I'm mainly interested in seeing how pretty it looks on the 360/PS3 because I can't see that much detail holding up in such a large world with the consoles' limited resources. The character swapping has me interested as well, should be interesting to see how it works out. Do they all wander around at the same time and do the other two you aren't controlling just follow after? Do you control one "main" guy and they each have their own missions related to them (a story for each guy), and you swap between them on the missions they come together for? If that's the case if you focus mainly on one guy could that change the story overall into something completely different, like one guy is in trouble with someone and you end up "timing out" on that particular mission and later on that character ends up performing differently or become confrontational with the other two over the lack of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Konnery View Post
    I'm mainly interested in seeing how pretty it looks on the 360/PS3 because I can't see that much detail holding up in such a large world with the consoles' limited resources. The character swapping has me interested as well, should be interesting to see how it works out. Do they all wander around at the same time and do the other two you aren't controlling just follow after? Do you control one "main" guy and they each have their own missions related to them (a story for each guy), and you swap between them on the missions they come together for? If that's the case if you focus mainly on one guy could that change the story overall into something completely different, like one guy is in trouble with someone and you end up "timing out" on that particular mission and later on that character ends up performing differently or become confrontational with the other two over the lack of help.

Each character has his own separate missions and activities. You can swap between them at any time, at which point you'll be transported to the new character's current location. Apparently, it changes throughout the day, but each has his own turf of sorts. During some missions two or all of them will come together and you'll be able to choose who you want to play as, and each one will have a different role.

Yeah I just saw the post on the front page about it. Sounds like it could be really cool, though obviously I still need to see how it pans out. If it ends up like another "cousin" situation it would not bode well.

Go back a page or two in this thread. There's an imgur album that's the GI edition with the complete coverage.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Ohhhhh, I know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Go back a page or two in this thread. There's an imgur album that's the GI edition with the complete coverage.
    Awesome, thanks. Terrible habit of not checking previous pages.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Should have just cut out all the other desks except for Homicide and focused solely on that.
    Good God, no.

Homicide was the worst of the bunch.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Have they named the characters yet? Is one of them Vercetti??? Sure sounded like him in the OG trailer. Can't wait to turn this guy up on mah GTX670.

Fuk consoles.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Yes.

And it's seeming very unlikely this'll launch on PC in spring, unfortunately.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Have they named the characters yet? Is one of them Vercetti??? Sure sounded like him in the OG trailer.
    I was sure it was Ray Liotta back then, but it was quickly shown to not be true.

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Have they named the characters yet? Is one of them Vercetti??? Sure sounded like him in the OG trailer. Can't wait to turn this guy up on mah GTX670.

Fuk consoles.
    They named the three playable characters AND they've confirmed that no character from the PS2 era will ever show up in these games. Ever. It's a different universe. (except for Lazlo. There can be no GTA without Lazlo)

And I don't think it sounded like him.

THE MR.E BIRD
    But you're Mexican, we should all sound the same to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    But you're Mexican, we should all sound the same to you!
    No, that's Asians.

THE MR.E BIRD
    So... we all look the same to Asians?

No, all Asians look the same to us. And sound the same too. Well, maybe it's a yes, I'm not Asian.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Ohhhhh, I know who you are.
    LIES, YOU KNOW NOTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Yes.

And it's seeming very unlikely this'll launch on PC in spring, unfortunately.
    Seeing how long it took for them to release IV on PC, yeah. But since I don't use my desktop PC I'm getting it on console anyway

THE MR.E BIRD
    Xbox 360 right!?