Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

Beast Master
    It was still the closest thing to what I would actually listen to. I'd listen to my iPod if there were the option to intersperse the GTA DJs' chatter in between tracks.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    VCPR >>> Everything else ever

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]

Hot damn.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Dear God, this is impossibly gorgeous. How much of these are bullshots? Wondering if WiiU will get an optimized and improved version. /goes back to reading

Honkey Kong
    Wii U. "Improved version".

lel.

How could that even exist? I know we aren't talking about graphics because that ain't happening, so what could be improved with a Wii U version?

Beast Master
    Putting a GPS on the tablet will REVOLUTIONIZE GAMING, Table.

Duh.

Honkey Kong
    *looks down at handheld GPS*

ITS LIKE IM REALLY THERE GUYS.

IMMERSION.

Game will suck. Spoiler.

Well, I didn't mean anything other than graphics. It has double usable RAM and I'm sure even Nintendo's budget hardware can outperform PS360's 7 year old tech. Twice the RAM alone would allow for tons of improvement in population, cars, graphical effects simultaneously on screen.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    It was still the closest thing to what I would actually listen to. I'd listen to my iPod if there were the option to intersperse the GTA DJs' chatter in between tracks.
    I too only listened to LCHC for the same reason, but holy shit this idea would be fucking brilliant.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Max Payne 3 is fucking gorgeous and runs like a charm, if they're be able to run that same iteration of the engine on an open world without much loss, GTA V might be the most amazing thing ever. Can't wait to see it in motion.

I can't fucking wait. Three Leaf Clover was the best mission in 4 and Rockstar's expanding on the concept.

And if the map is really as big as they say, it'll be a monster. Bigger than IV and Red Dead COMBINED? Dayumn.

The author of that piece really rode Houser's junk, praising 4 as if it weren't a heavily flawed and empty sandbox game outside of missions, but a masterpiece that had no need to improve.

Loved everything I heard, though. Huge landmass is great because, to me, flying isn't very fun if you don't have something vast over which to fly. Return of bikes and vehicle variety, parachuting, better driving physics, more intricate heist missions, and other minigames - sounds better than GTA4 to me!

The three protagonist thing sounds cool and all, but I'm a but worried about the system resources it'll require. The new engine seems substantially more capable of displaying more on screen at a time, but they're pushing the draw distance, vehicle diversity, population diversity, pets, and tracking three characters at all time. Can it really be delivered with that level of graphical fidelity? People here and on front page Dtoid seem to really want some kind of cohesion between the moral dilemmas and the rampaging gameplay possible, but won't it still be possible to rampage with the high-class character and do civil service ambulance/taxi jobs with the psycho?

I just want a current gen, fun, GTA sandbox that can compete with Saint's Row 2.

I loved 4. It had flaws, but I didn't care all that much because it was the first GTA of this generation.

I cared because they intentionally chose crappy dating systems and stand-up over enjoyable gameplay activities. If they had at least tried to give us some notable sandbox activities but failed, I'd be much more forgiving.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Max Payne 3 is fucking gorgeous and runs like a charm, if they're be able to run that same iteration of the engine on an open world without much loss, GTA V might be the most amazing thing ever. Can't wait to see it in motion.
    Big difference here - Max Payne 3 was a linear shooter. That enabled Rockstar to ramp up the detail without losing the framerate or have much in the way of pop up.

It'll be more in line with RDR/L.A. Noire.

KING OF BAD FORUMS
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I can't fucking wait. Three Leaf Clover was the best mission in 4 and Rockstar's expanding on the concept.

And if the map is really as big as they say, it'll be a monster. Bigger than IV and Red Dead COMBINED? Dayumn.
    I thought Three Leaf Clover was pretty damned annoying the first time I played it. I'm more excited about the concept of the three characters, I want to know how they make it work. With IV and the expansions it was amazing because you played with a different character after you were done with each and it made me go all "HOLY SHIT I'VE SEEN THIS, BUT I WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE BEFORE".

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Big difference here - Max Payne 3 was a linear shooter. That enabled Rockstar to ramp up the detail without losing the framerate or have much in the way of pop up.

It'll be more in line with RDR/L.A. Noire.
    Yeah I know, it's why I said "if", a man can dream ;_;
    Also, not sure but I think L.A. Noire doesn't use the RAGE engine, and RDR came out a while ago, and from the screenshots I do think there's been some major improvements that make it look closer to MP3. Like I said, can't wait to see it in motio.

Heist missions have always been my favorites.