Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Forums upgrades notification thread of beauty and justice

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    It makes the forums more fun.

Also, my friend in college is curious as to why his account was rid of. He made the mightyhatfag account. I said it was probably due to almost everything about it but he said he was being half serious with the account and thought you guys were pretty cool with how well you took the joke. I checked the thread a week or so ago and laughed but forgot to post but it looked like no one was offended. I don't care if the account is reactivated or not because its name is blasphemy but I thought it was weird how it was banned out of nowhere. I've seen genuine trolls have an easier time.
    HA! Mxy thought it might be a dupe account of someone just messing with you so he killed it so as not to hurt your delicate feelers. Also, the name was offensive. Tell your buddy to try again with a more PC name and he'll do just fine.

Admin / Midget King
    Niero has patched vbulletin along with a few of the plugins, so if you guys notice anything acting funny please let us know!

Honkey Kong
    If I go to the forums home and click on a thread, it will take me to the post exactly after the last post I viewed, even if it's a few pages behind. Is there anyway to do this from the subscriptions page?

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    If I go to the forums home and click on a thread, it will take me to the post exactly after the last post I viewed, even if it's a few pages behind. Is there anyway to do this from the subscriptions page?
    Hmm, I'll investigate this when I'm on a PC to see if that's something I can change or not.

Honkey Kong
    Thanks dude. It's an awesome feature but if you miss out on a thread for a bit waiting for it to hit the front page to find your spot can take a bit.

Forums have been loading real slow for me for a few days, anybody else get that?

Yeah, I'm getting it too. Is it time to nuke the Bar again or what?

Admin / Midget King
    Quite possibly. I'll take a look after we record tonight!

I'm still getting it, but I'll give it a few days I guess. I don't know bar science.

Admin / Midget King
    Is it happening to you when using different browsers?

Nope. So yeah, I guess this is my chrome being weird. Sorry!

That's not a knife...
    "Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on forum.destructoid.com.Content from www.qcksrv.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss and permanent file deletion. Learn more"

Didn't printscreen but you get the idea.

Pwnd
    "Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on forum.destructoid.com.Content from www.qcksrv.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss and permanent file deletion. Learn more"

Didn't printscreen but you get the idea.
    Somebody already mentioned this somewhere around here, uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome can help. I did mine like that earlier tonight and the forums load much better now. Not getting those annoying Avast updates anymore either.

That's not a knife...
    I'm not talking about loading. I'm talking about Chrome detecting links to a malware distributor in the forum. I'm not saying the site is hacked but something isn't right.

Pwnd
    Uh huh. See, I never got the Google notification to begin with, but I was getting those Avast updates I mentioned. They were slowing my browser down so badly that the page frequently wouldn't load. Like I said, the reinstall seems to have fixed it.

The same thing happened with the front page a few years ago. Dtoid's team of Doctor Frankensteins were doing under the hood maintenance stuff and lots of people got false positives as a result. Chrome reacts weirdly sometimes under the best conditions. Plus you know how Dtoid is, our guys probably did something that the Google devs hadn't anticipated.

So nah, I don't think it's malware. They're probably just experimenting with something. They always are.

Admin / Midget King
    I'm not talking about loading. I'm talking about Chrome detecting links to a malware distributor in the forum. I'm not saying the site is hacked but something isn't right.
    This is happening to Chrome users on dozens and dozens of sites all over the net, started about an hour ago. Something fucked up is going on with Chrome, nobody's quite sure what is causing it but this is almost definitely a false positive.
    Last edited by Aaron Mxy Yost; 02-03-2013 at 11:51 PM.

That's not a knife...
    Yeah I've caught wind of this affecting a lot of people now. Strange how this was only popping up here for me until I went to asus.com. I wonder how many people this has actually been affecting.

Admin / Midget King
    We've gotten reports of a different malware alert hitting the main site as well. I'm not getting them since I'm using Chrome on Android, so please keep me updated on this. Might be something as simple as common ad networks being falsely reported. Should not affect people using other browsers, but if it starts please email support@destructoid.com so the tech guys can get right on it!

Honkey Kong
    I'm loving that full page ad on mobile front-page every other click. With Chrome no less.

Admin / Midget King
    Update: the Chrome malware alert is an ad network thing, they're aware and working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    I'm loving that full page ad on mobile front-page every other click. With Chrome no less.
    Randy already reported that one, if it keeps happening please grab a screenshot and send it to support.