Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your favorite member of the community? (Happy 5th Anniversary Destructoid!)

Who's your favorite member of the community? (Happy 5th Anniversary Destructoid!)

Oh how time flies when you're having fun, and what a fun 5 years it has been here at Destructoid. To think this whole party got started when Niero donned a makeshift robot helmet to get attention at E3.

Every March we like to celebrate dtoid's birthday with style, flair and lots of love and this year is no exception. Last year we asked you to tell us your Favorite Destructoid Memories and those who answered the call were handsomely rewarded with the 4 year badge.

This year's badge is hot off the presses and ready to be handed out starting around the 16th of the month (Dtoid's and Niero's birthday). All you have to do to qualify for this year's badge is tell us who your favorite community member here at Destructoid is and why. Spread the love far and wide and maybe some will even come back to you.

I'll go first, though I love all my kids so this was an exceptionally tough one for me to answer. If I had to pick just one person here I couldn't live without it would end in a draw between my super co-Admin Mxyzptlk and my personal sketch artist Zombie Platypus.

Mxy, because "you complete me" in everything you do to keep the forums going and keeping me and the rest of the team motivated to make this place awesome. It's also great having another parent around who "gets it" when I start ranting about things. I've said it before and I still mean it, I couldn't do this without you, and really I wouldn't want to try.

ZP, because you're my forum BFF and your posts always make me smile no matter how crappy or stressful my day has been. You also have the uncanny ability to show up at just the right time to draw whatever crazy idea I've come up with and post it in record time. Thanks for being one of the "Better People" who make my job worthwhile.

There's a ton of other people who deserve to be mentioned here, but since I already broke my own rule and posted two instead of one plus totally blew my sappy quota for the month in one post I'll turn this thread over to the rest of the community now.

How about it guys, who's your favorite community member and why do you love them so much?

Danl Cottontail
    Uh, is there like, a limit on how many people we can name?

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by Danl Haas View Post
    Uh, is there like, a limit on how many people we can name?
    Go nuts, I was going to make a list because it's too hard to pick just one or two people.

Zodiac: D'awww!

Beer Sensei
    Goddamn. Gonna need a week or so to think about this.

I like people who didn't just come here for a badge.

Sam and Sven, EUFNFing with them made me really like this place. Every Steamtoider I've ever kicked or been kicked by. Those folk on dem tweetars. All of my Superior Skypetoid friends. And most of all, dat Beccy. She's too awesome to possibly exist so she can't.
    Last edited by Tarvu; 03-20-2011 at 08:41 PM.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I feel quite a strong virtual bond, with Mr Aurain sir. Yes, I think Mr Aurain is my favourite.

But i also love Tarvu, Hatguy, and pretty much everyone from the EUFNF threads. I live for that shit.

Also love everyone I chat with on twitter even if I used to fight with some of them on the front page, i love chatting to you guys now, so all my Twitter peeps, TH3morrow, WatermanX, MrAndyDixon, Corduroy Turtle, Garethxxgod etc.

I also love to play games with with US PS3FNF crew, Elsa, Tsukanda, and all those guys.

i have had a weird transition here in the last year or so. Gone from trying my hardest to piss people off and cause flame wars, to actually feeling a geniune bond with many of you and valuing the virtual friendship of a lot of you guys far more than the friendship of a lot of people I know in real life.

That will change soon though, i'm so gonna hang out with some of you lovely lovely people soon.

Also, happy Birthday Tarvu!

Edit: Also, I am sad panda without my avatar, how does one get it back?

Danl Cottontail
    Jon Bloodspray, because were it not for him, and our decision to throw the Midwest NARP last year, I would not have met so many of the people who have dramatically improved my life. I really cannot overstate how much of an impact my friendship with Mr. Bloodspray has had on my life in just one short year. Jon is just a genuinely amazing person who cares deeply about his friends, and he fucking knows how to have fun. Every weekend I've spent with this guy has been the best I've ever had.
    Icarus, because he makes shit happen. He's a fucking saint, and he's a great mod. And he puts up with my drunken shenanigans better than anyone I've ever gotten drunk with.
    Allen Park, because he's the Korean, Californian version of me. Ever since we started doing the podcast together, I've known that we're meant to be bros4lyfe, and I seriously can't thank him enough for all the shit he's helped me through. I'm looking forward to getting beers with this kid in San Diego more than I'm looking forward to graduating from college.
    My lady, Ruckus, for reasons that are mostly pretty obvious.
    Jay Hitcher, because I can't not include my own son on my list. He's the world's coolest 16-year old, and I couldn't be more proud of him.

And I have to mention all my other Skypetoid and Alcoholocast bros, Div3rse, Clownbaby, HerosPlayDumb, PsychoSoldier, MosesEarly, and ScottyG, because they're always there to talk to, always, even when no one else is.
    Last edited by Danl Haas; 03-01-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Here's a list in alphabetical order:

Aurain because it's like a bromance but without the gay and with more violence
    Darth189 because he's mute and mullets are making a comeback
    Death by Lumber because even though he is an alchemist and smells fumes all day he still remembers my name, it must mean something right
    Dwolfwood because he is the most latino dude in Dtoid that isn't me, and yes, I will do a latino-off with whoever thinks they are worthy of it
    JJMccallum because there can be only one and he's it
    Panchromatic because she's the only Viking proficient in the martial arts of Samba
    Scroll because he loves me but can't express it properly
    Subenu because he is possibly as insane as me
    Tarvu because he is the ambassador of the bird people and we have been working together to destroy all humans for the past 3 decades
    The Guy with the Hat because he is a hobbit and everyone knows hobbits have the best weed
    Mauvemamba because his taste on music freaks me the fuck out

Beer Sensei
    Jon Bloodspray, because I want to bang him.
    coonskin, because I want to bang him.
    DanlHaas, because I want to bang him.
    ClownBaby, because I want to bang him.
    HerosPlayDumb, because I want to bang him.
    MosesEarly, because I want to bang him.
    Gobun, because I want to bang him.
    Nihil, because I want to bang him.
    bushofghosts, because I want to bang her.
    mecegirl, because I want to bang her.
    Ruckus, because I want to watch DanlHaas bang her.
    Jay Hitcher, because I want to buy him chocolate milk and watch Yu-Gi-Oh together.

Also, fuck, Skypetoid International.

The Young Brad Nicholson

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Park View Post
    Jon Bloodspray, because I want to bang him.
    coonskin, because I want to bang him.
    DanlHaas, because I want to bang him.
    ClownBaby, because I want to bang him.
    HerosPlayDumb, because I want to bang him.
    MosesEarly, because I want to bang him.
    Gobun, because I want to bang him.
    Nihil, because I want to bang him.
    bushofghosts, because I want to bang her.
    mecegirl, because I want to bang her.
    Ruckus, because I want to watch DanlHaas bang her.
    Jay Hitcher, because I want to buy him chocolate milk and watch Yu-Gi-Oh together.

This but replace my name on this list with Allen's.

Bringer of Truth
    Allen Park - my AZN Brother from another mother. We became Alcoholo-Bros, and then started our plans for internet domination.
    Danl Haas - We have the same beard.
    Jon Bloodspray - He's like me if I played guitar and were better looking.
    HerosPlayDumb - As soon as I get a new job he loses his. I think we're tied by fate.
    The rest of my Alcoholobros: Ruckus, Diverse, Jay hitcher, MosesEarly

Usedtabe - One of the first people to talk to me when I came here, my first forum bro. Since he's got my back I can be a prick to other people.
    Mecegirl - Because I want to bang her
    MellowBunny - She's super awesome, and I want to bang her
    Molly - She's SO adorable, and I want to bang her
    Nihil - He's just awesome, and I want to watch Allen bang him

Zodiac & Mxy The pimpest fuckers that ever fucked.

Sexualchocolate - I may not post much, but know that your posts are lurked, and enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Park View Post
    No u.

[Level 12: CHET]
    I hate you all

<3

Yeah, I wonder why I even come here.

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by digtastik View Post
    Yeah, I wonder why I even come here.
    werd

Oh yeah, it's a tie between the SSF4 thread and IRC. They my niggas.

Everyone else is just cool as fuck. Even the people who perp'.
    Last edited by Hector Garfria; 03-01-2011 at 08:10 AM.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Oh, Jesus. I don't know if I could fit all of my favorite people in a list. I'll try I guess.

First off, my Texas bros, who were the first Dtoiders I ever met. Itemforty, Blehmengs, CountingConflict, DVDDesign, and PointingDevice.

PheonixBlood, she has my heart.

The current and past editors are some of the coolest people I know. Knee Row, Nick, Hamza, Colette, Browntown, Dyson, Chadmazing, Sterling, .tiff, and more.

I know they get a lot of flack around these parts, but IRC is a big part of my online life, and I don't know what I'd do without those guys. JRo, Alex, Naia, tGA, Kniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiives, Mandi Pandi, Nishant, Diddy, Halfie, Gay Andy, Bloo, and the lurkers and the new people we've been getting recently.

Of course, my forums bros. Dig, JamSennings, Gayreal, Johnny Solgrim, Banj, That's our Gatsby, ZP, Bloodspray, Zombutler even though we rip on him a lot, Doosh-wah-see, Gobybuns, Used, Heros, Mece, Molly, and again, others. The admins, you guys put up with our shit, Mxy, Mom, Ic, and Ali D. Techno as a veteran admin.

In no particular order, StoryR, Dorian, Kryptinite, Nademagnet, Popa, Keener, Petie Palumbo, Marla Singer, Nintendoll, Cataract, GuitarAtomik, Wardrox, Excremento, KingEvbo, Chanh, CharlieSuh, Dexter, NamelessTed, Kacie, Electrolemon, AgentCheeftun, Riser Glen, Necros, Macca, Martino, Sean Carey, Krahsh, Tactix, HuskyHog, topgeargorilla, AlexBarbatsis, Corican, Germany, Changston, Butmac, -D-, Pangloss, Analoge, I know I missed a lot of you, but my excuse, look, I drink.

And yes, these are all favorites.

Big Blue Dungeon Master
    Tarvu For being easy on the eyes despite complaining about absolutely everything.
    Ramalho For embracing every racial stereotype that he can.
    Aurain for making Skypetoid a much better place.

And Hatman gets an honourable mention because otherwise he'd get upset.

Stuff.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Occams
    mrandydixon
    garethxxgod
    SuperMonk4Ever
    SojTuna
    ChillyBilly
    Elsa
    SexualChocolate
    Gunsage

Shit, I've got to add Epic to my list, dude is a BOSS!