Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Telltale Walking Dead

Honkey Kong
    <3 <3

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I bought the disc for this and am eagerly awaiting to play this with my wife, who owns all but the latest issues of the graphic novel. The fact that it's in that universe will probably make her giddy.

The preview for the fps WD title also has me excited with the choices for who to save and who to kick out of the group when your vehicle is full, and a supposed emphasis for survival. I really hope it resembles the difficulty and rationing found in ZombiU, but being a fps by Activision, I don't think that's even a possibility.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    The preview for the fps WD title also has me excited with the choices for who to save and who to kick out of the group when your vehicle is full, and a supposed emphasis for survival.
    Yeah, that limited seating, coupled with being able to send folks in your crew out on their own, got me interested. I didn't really give the game any thought at all until that was revealed.

[Level 7: Sentinel]

Just sayin.

Pwnd
    "Scheduled to be released in 2013."

Better be December 31st, 2013, because the game looks rough as fuck right now.

Beast Master
    That musical score makes up for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Yeah, that limited seating, coupled with being able to send folks in your crew out on their own, got me interested. I didn't really give the game any thought at all until that was revealed.
    That's one (of many) things that really bothered me about the show. They take like 3-4 cars everywhere, and Daryl rides on a motorcycle by himself. What a freaking waste of gas. Seems like they'd want to conserve as much as possible since they can't just pull up to a gas station when they run low.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Got 1st episode on iOs for free and well yeah it's pretty engrossing and seems quite good. Will probably get the rest on Xbox or PC. I am converted!

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Dex's and ZP's reasons for saving Doug are mine as well. Anyone not save Duck? Wonder how that option plays out.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    At certain points I wished it were a movie or comic so I could skip the retarded gameplay and just enjoy the story. I also saved Doug because fuck bitches acquire technology son. I loved when I was only part of 23% who chose him. Fucking gamer white knights.
    It's funny because in the final episode, someone calls you out for saving the skirt. I did it because I just wanted to pile on the tension, make the story more interesting (because I was all kinds of grey in that game). She knew Lee was a convict, Doug was just comic relief. I also expected her to be the "Andrea" of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    But don't worry,
    Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by thymeparadox View Post
    Basically this. I finally finished it this morning and although the game was very well written throughout, I can't help but feel like it tried to get me to like the ending by making me feel empty inside. The sad thing is it might have worked if my decisions had actually affected the outcome of the game in any way, which as far as I can tell is not the case.

Spoiler!

Still a cool game for fans of the genre though.
    You see, TWD isn't about choice affecting the ending. It's about how you feel in that moment. You can pick the best choice, only for someone to have their head blown off anyway because choice is not mutually exclusive to control. It was about doing the best you could.

I don't think something like the RV scene was bullshit either, and I heard all the butthurt on the Telltale forums. It's not that choices don't matter - because if you're being engaged, then its obviously doing its job. People got pissed because they were fine with being thrown to the wolves, but they got annoyed when a fave died and that they had no control...and isn't that what Lee goes through in just about every situation?

Just to add, from the start, this about Lee's choices having an effect on the relationships around him. He doesn't actually do anything that radically changes the plot in any way - he's just another survivor. It's not exactly Mass Effect, where to certain degrees, Shepard changes the outcome of a quest. It's far more intimiate than that, and the choices reflect your thoughts and feelings. It's why you're engaged.
    Last edited by Stevil; 12-31-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Beast Master
    Well said, Stevil.

Though regarding the Duck thing, Kenny remembers it if you don't try to save him, but he doesn't really stay pissed at you for it. I'd consider Kenny and my Lee good friends, even though I made opposing decisions where I felt the need to.

Pwnd
    It's hard for me to feel attached and emotionally engaged when I realize early on that my feelings don't mean anything within the first 20 minutes of the game. Right after that bullshit on Hershel's farm, the game telegraphed to me in big, bold letters: "YOU ARE MY BITCH. I DO WHAT I WANT." From then on, I took the role of a passive movie viewer and didn't bother getting too invested in anyone. The only people I gave a shit about was Clementine (you'd have to be a psychopath not to) and myself (Lee)--everybody else was officially "whatever."

And before anyone goes into "but surely you've gotten attached to movies or TV shows without having any input in them": Very, very few. I watch no television shows outside of news programs and barely any movies. The Wire is the only show in the last 10 years I've watched to completion, and that was only after being pestered into it by a friend 5 years after it had ended.

Also,
    Spoiler!

It was a great story, but I generally don't get attached to individual characters in any story. I'm more interested in the plot and details. The Wire has been the only exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Also,
    Spoiler!

It was a great story, but I generally don't get attached to individual characters in any story. I'm more interested in the plot and details.
    Spoiler!

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!

How could they?

Spoiler!

Besides, Lee does talk about it to Katjaa. It doesn't need to be a five minute dialogue. A few lines is more than enough.

Pwnd
    I don't care what the side characters have to say about it--they didn't have an attachment to that character, according to my game. What Lee says about it matters to me. All he says to Katjaa about it amounts to,
    Spoiler!

Maybe Lee is just more fatalistic and pessimistic than I am.

Wolf Master
    I can't wait to finish the episodes I haven't finished yet so I can read the other half of what goes on in this thread.

Pwnd
    Soon it'll be one giant spoiler tag.

Let's make it happen.

Well, I downloaded Walking Dead: 400 Days.

It was a little hectic since it had to pack so many ideas into two hours, and there weren't any puzzles, but the writing was pretty solid and smart with the way you certain characters from different perspectives (I'm a sucker for those kind of ).

Anybody else given it a spin, or are they done with the series?

I'll pick it up at some point, would love to play some more Walking Dead.

So it's two hours long? I'd heard it was only an hour :S

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I clocked in around two hours with it. That's with some afk time too, though.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. There were some really tough choices in this one. Had to stop and think for a few. The new characters were great, too. If this is gonna be the group for S02, then sign me up. They all seemed much more interesting than the majority of S01's cast.