Forums | Destructoid | Tomopop | Japanator | Flixist | LUMP
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 206

Thread: Telltale Walking Dead

  1. #61
    My eyes welled with manly tears at the end of the final episode. Of all the upcoming games I'm looking forward to, and there are quite a few of those, I think I'm looking forward to Telltale's second season the most.

  2. #62
    Played the first episode finally. It was good. Love the story though that's all it has going for it. Gameplay itself is at best meh and at worst asstier. Was going to buy the rest of the season for 200 per episode but I guess that sale is dead. I'll just get the retail disc or wait for another sale.

  3. #63
    Don't get the retail disc. You can't install the game onto the hard drive, which leads to a lot of bugs. YOU GONNA HAVE TO GO DIGITAL!

    The story was astounding, but the gameplay encompasses everything wrong with the industry right now. The adventure format was wonderful in '92 when we had limited methods and technology to tell stories with, but it's 2012 now--we've advanced. When your "game" can be played with a DVD remote, I'm not sure that it's fair to call it a game.

    It's definitely the best offering that The Walking Dead franchise has to offer, but only because the comics and TV show are largely ass. I also dislike how most of my choices really didn't matter. I would still highly recommend it though as a fantastic interactive experience.

  4. #64
    At certain points I wished it were a movie or comic so I could skip the retarded gameplay and just enjoy the story. I also saved Doug because fuck bitches acquire technology son. I loved when I was only part of 23% who chose him. Fucking gamer white knights.

  5. #65
    thymeparadox's Avatar
    2,859 posts since Oct 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Don't get the retail disc. You can't install the game onto the hard drive, which leads to a lot of bugs. YOU GONNA HAVE TO GO DIGITAL!

    The story was astounding, but the gameplay encompasses everything wrong with the industry right now. The adventure format was wonderful in '92 when we had limited methods and technology to tell stories with, but it's 2012 now--we've advanced. When your "game" can be played with a DVD remote, I'm not sure that it's fair to call it a game.

    It's definitely the best offering that The Walking Dead franchise has to offer, but only because the comics and TV show are largely ass. I also dislike how most of my choices really didn't matter. I would still highly recommend it though as a fantastic interactive experience.
    Basically this. I finally finished it this morning and although the game was very well written throughout, I can't help but feel like it tried to get me to like the ending by making me feel empty inside. The sad thing is it might have worked if my decisions had actually affected the outcome of the game in any way, which as far as I can tell is not the case.

    Spoiler!


    Still a cool game for fans of the genre though.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    At certain points I wished it were a movie or comic so I could skip the retarded gameplay and just enjoy the story. I also saved Doug because fuck bitches acquire technology son. I loved when I was only part of 23% who chose him. Fucking gamer white knights.
    We're the few and the proud.

  7. #67
    Hell yeah dude. Glad to count you among us.

  8. #68
    Doug was a threat to my mack game. I had to eliminate him early. He woulda got all da honies if he stayed alive.

  9. #69
    Dat ho goin betray you son. She gots a gun an she gets paid to do what comes naturally, gossip.

  10. #70
    I went and told all the people about my past anyways.

    Hooch neutralized.

  11. #71
    Honest black dude? Woman loyalty? We definitely in video games land.




    I like the main character, but I wish some of the small talk was cut from his responses. I noticed he seems to have the last word every time, even if it means saying something unnecessary. I lol'd when Glen found out girl had a boyfriend. His reaction was great.

  12. #72
    I really liked Lee, mainly because he was a history professor.

    A man after my heart from the beginning.

    "Teach me your silky, sultry ways, Lee."

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Played the first episode finally. It was good. Love the story though that's all it has going for it. Gameplay itself is at best meh and at worst asstier. Was going to buy the rest of the season for 200 per episode but I guess that sale is dead. I'll just get the retail disc or wait for another sale.
    That's really stupid of them. I figured they were giving out the first episode free so people would see how good it is, then they'd want to buy the other episodes at the discounted price. It doesn't make sense to offer the discount all at once.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    At certain points I wished it were a movie or comic so I could skip the retarded gameplay and just enjoy the story. I also saved Doug because fuck bitches acquire technology son. I loved when I was only part of 23% who chose him. Fucking gamer white knights.
    I also saved Doug and I was surprised to see I was in the minority there. I just felt like somebody with technical know-how is more scarce and valuable than somebody who can shoot a gun well.

  14. #74
    I think I mainly saved him because that lady knew I was a convicted murderer. May as well save the dude who has no potential leverage over me.

  15. #75
    I need someone who can actually aim a gun. You can only do so much with a TV remote. She can fuck up the batteries as much as she wants as long as she puts bullets in heads correctly.

    But don't worry,
    Spoiler!

  16. #76
    Dex's and ZP's reasons for saving Doug are mine as well. Anyone not save Duck? Wonder how that option plays out.

  17. #77
    I didn't save Duck. Hershel yells at everybody else, thanks me for trying, but still tells me to gtfo. It's another one of those fake Mass Effect choices that doesn't impact the story because they have a plot point that they're desperate to push forward.

    Another reason I had for saving Carley was that she is the one who saves your life outside of the pharmacy and argues to let you in against the wishes of the group (despite her knowing who you are). It wouldn't have felt right to let somebody who stuck their neck out for me die. Also, we're going to have to repopulate soon, and I can't make a baby in Doug's asshole. I'm thinking long term here.

    I also did not steal from the car in Ep. 2. It changed nothing.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Anyone not save Duck? Wonder how that option plays out.
    Spoiler!

  19. #79
    I thought about the breeding aspect of saving the reporter but I figured we had army girl and Clementine will eventually grow up.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Clementine
    ...damn, son.

    Damn.

    I almost fell off my damn chair laughin' at this shit...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Change forum colors & width:
Try a new theme: