Page 99 of 288 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 5744

Thread: Dark Souls

I'm not sure. That covenant is probably the one we know the least about.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Ok, I'll assume I'm fine then.

Eh, if you don't see any red phantom creatures around, you're alright. Honestly, I've gotten those messages more than a few times myself, most of the time nothing at all changes. Only once while running through undeadburg did I have to fight maybe 3 red phantom versions of the standard enemies (and all they do is have more health/deal more damage), and hey, they drop more souls, so there's that.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahnati View Post
    Eh, if you don't see any red phantom creatures around, you're alright. Honestly, I've gotten those messages more than a few times myself, most of the time nothing at all changes. Only once while running through undeadburg did I have to fight maybe 3 red phantom versions of the standard enemies (and all they do is have more health/deal more damage), and hey, they drop more souls, so there's that.
    They drop the same amount of souls(actually seen them die) and they only show up on NG+ and beyond.

Eh, oh, well... I thought I got more souls from them : <

At any rate, they're a bunch of punks.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Was just fighting Manus, and we killed each other. Any idea how to get down to my bloodstain/bonfire without falling to my death?

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently falling 40+ feet won't break your shins in half in this case. It's like I have those leg braces from Portal 2.
    Last edited by Dooshkin; 12-24-2012 at 08:41 PM.

xD Yeah you get a by on this one. Enjoy it.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Gonna hop on the Drake Sword train, it's not worth upgrading but it's a great starter weapon when you don't have 24 STR, use it until you find something better.

There's also Astora's Strait Sword or whatever you can run to at the beginning of the game if you have the Master Key.

I tend to rush to 16 str and strap on a claymore and just go from there. Dex weapons are never as fun.

Was just playing online and fell victim to this annoying-ass backstab bug. Dude's in front of me, stabs me in the back. Dafuq? I understand what you guys were talking about now. It's gotten me killed twice now. I was all pumped about finally playing online, but all the wind's gone from my sails now.

The matches are pretty hit and miss, and by that I mean you either hit or you fucking miss. It can be pretty gods awful at times, but it really all depends on your connection and their connection and how well the two meet in the middle. I've had some matches where it was literally well enough that parrying was viable and doable, and others where the guy in front of me stabs me in the back. It really, really fucking blows at times, but those good matches can make it all worthwhile...

Every single loss I have online (well mostly) is the result of someone running at my left shoulder and then while still in front of me locks into a backstab.

You can tell most are just fishing for it, so ghey. I wouldn't mind a ring that cut backstab dmg in half or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooshkin View Post
    Was just playing online and fell victim to this annoying-ass backstab bug. Dude's in front of me, stabs me in the back. Dafuq? I understand what you guys were talking about now. It's gotten me killed twice now. I was all pumped about finally playing online, but all the wind's gone from my sails now.
    Yeah and people go out of their way to abuse it with that stupid ring with the hour long invincibility frames. Herp derp, I can roll past your left shoulder and mash RB. I R GUD. It's a little more than aggravating as a greatsword user because those invincibility frames are what make or break a hit. What REALLY rustles my jimmies is when I hear the "smoosh" of contact and they're in the roll so no damage no nothin.

Yeah, I'm using a greatsword, and the only time I could do any damage was when I decided to swing until my stamina gave out, absorbing blows as I went.

[Level 2: Human] ScottOfTheDead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooshkin View Post
    Yeah, I'm using a greatsword, and the only time I could do any damage was when I decided to swing until my stamina gave out, absorbing blows as I went.
    Try kicking. Invaders never expect you to kick them off a ledge.

They really don't, but that's also assuming the connections mesh well enough for the kick to connect. Now at high levels it's almost pointless to have a heavy weapon, sure they hit hard, but half the reason is for staggering and people get just enough poise to take a hit and still be able to roll around fishing for a backstab. Then they have the gall to say I'm cheap for countering their crap with Wrath of the Gods.

I think my other big frustration is the griefers in low levels. Nothing beats a guy in full darkwraith armor with a fire iato at level 13....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...n-psn-tuesday/

Gonna be $20 and apparently the servers are still up and will stay up indefinitely with no end date.

Atlus wins. Why did they not use Atlus again? Were they not up for a multi-plat release or something?

My first PS3 game. So many memories.

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    My first PS3 game. So many memories.

It explains your child like defense of Demon's Souls rampant problems