Page 1 of 288 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

[Level 6: Robot]

Dark Souls

I think we should start a thread for the Demon's Souls sequel!
    So...here it is huzzah!
    What changes are you excited for most? What character will you play? Day one purchase?

I for one never fully beat Demon's Souls but I LOVED it. I might starting playing it again soon.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Riegel88 View Post
    What character will you play?
    Isn't it completely classless now? And by that I mean not picking a class at the start. Dark Souls will have a ton of class.

Demon Souls didn't really have classes anyways, unless you were doing a low xp build (in which case you should probably do Royal since they started at lvl 1). But anyways, having a giant seamless world to explore is pretty awesome. And the bosses sound batshit crazy, especially since they say there won't be any cheap tactics against them this time (which every difficult boss in Demon's Souls did except, Flamelurker).

I am curious how death will be handled in the game now, with lack of a central hub and all. Presumably there will be bind points for respawns or something? Also I wonder if there will be any variation to monster layouts, or it will all be memorization just like Demon's Souls was.

By character I meant strictly melee or just magic...long sword/sword and shield/bow/etc the type of play style you like.

@Wedge I think you're right about the bind points, there will be certain places you can be set to and when you die you spawn there. Now the question is if we can pick which bind point to use or if the game just binds you to it when you pass one.

Jeff Goldblum
    Still need to play Demon Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Altair View Post
    Still need to play Demon Souls.
    Have fun.
    *Evil laugh*

One of my greatest gaming achievements was beating Demon's Souls. I look forward to this next battle.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    I can not wait to get my ass kicked!

[Level 2: Human] Lance Uppercut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    Demon Souls didn't really have classes anyways, unless you were doing a low xp build (in which case you should probably do Royal since they started at lvl 1). But anyways, having a giant seamless world to explore is pretty awesome. And the bosses sound batshit crazy, especially since they say there won't be any cheap tactics against them this time (which every difficult boss in Demon's Souls did except, Flamelurker).

I am curious how death will be handled in the game now, with lack of a central hub and all. Presumably there will be bind points for respawns or something? Also I wonder if there will be any variation to monster layouts, or it will all be memorization just like Demon's Souls was.
    Flamelurker is one of the easiest bosses to defeat using cheap tactics.

I can't wait for this game, I must have beaten Demon's Souls ten times.

I'm so hard for this game.

I want it inside me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
    Flamelurker is one of the easiest bosses to defeat using cheap tactics.

I can't wait for this game, I must have beaten Demon's Souls ten times.
    Compared to what other bosses? Other than 1-3, 3-1, 4-1, and 5-2 (and 3-3, but that doesn't count), all the other bosses can be arrow cheaped (or 1-4 poisoned of course). I think 3-2 is more annoying than flamelurker, even after cheaping the first one through the fog wall, but all those other bosses are still even easier than flamelurker.

Anyway the point is they said none of the bosses in this game will be able to be cheaped out like so many of them could be in Demon's Souls.

[Level 2: Human] Lance Uppercut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    Compared to what other bosses? Other than 1-3, 3-1, 4-1, and 5-2 (and 3-3, but that doesn't count), all the other bosses can be arrow cheaped (or 1-4 poisoned of course). I think 3-2 is more annoying than flamelurker, even after cheaping the first one through the fog wall, but all those other bosses are still even easier than flamelurker.
    When you enter Flamelurker's cave, run immediately to the right and follow the curve of the wall, eventually running up the steps at the opposite end of the room to the entrance. Flamelurker will get stuck running against a pillar. Ranged attack him until he gets free (which he will eventually). When he does, just circle the room, head back up the steps and he will get stuck again. Repeat. One of the easiest bosses in the game.

I hope they are true to their word with Dark Souls.

Demon Souls is basically the only reason I would ever get a PS3 (except for MGS4). I was pretty excited when I heard this was going to be a multiple system release. Atleast get to play the sequel lol.

I just started attempting Demon's Souls again and I've only beaten four of the bosses so far. The game is rough, but very rewarding! My absolute biggest gripe has to be with the controls, though. Click R3 for lock-on!?!? That, and Square for use-item are some of the most frustrating decisions ever implemented into a game with such tough consequences for mistakes. Otherwise, I love how L1,L2/R1,R2 are used for weapons/shields.

My hopes for Dark Souls is that the majority of the game isn't spent in a ghost form, the controls have some reconfigurability, and classes have a more meaningful impact aside from initial stats/gear.

Can't freaking wait, though! The graphics are so crisp and colorful, and I am loving the open-world concept!

Shipping Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Riegel88 View Post
    Demon's Souls sequel!
    UnnhguUHGUHGngngngnNHgn

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Demon Souls is probably my favorite game this generation. I own all the versions (asian, euro, and US) and have gotten all the platinums. Love creating new characters and co oping it with friends... oddly we use XBL to coordinate blue stone drops.

Needless to say I can't friggin wait for Dark Souls. Got both PS3 & Xbox versions pre ordered on amazon to upgrade to LE's

Also lets get some media up here boys (and girls) Image of win:

And I believe they are moving away from classes and more toward combat weapons defining a character. With the options of casting X spell from X sword etc. Sounds interesting, classes didn't matter in DS anyway after the first 2 hours of play. Me? I want capes.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]

The bosses in this game look insane. Not thrilled about more tricky plank navigation, but everything else looks to be shaping up splendidly.

I'll be 30 years old when this game releases... and taking that day off work haha.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I'm really looking forward to this game. I get the feeling that I'll turn to Skyrim when I'm getting my ass royally kicked and require consolation.