Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast

Thread: DTOID MIDWEST NARP 2011 JUNE 11, 2011, TOLEDO, OHIO

Danl Cottontail
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Hay Danl, I don't know shit about alcohol; Is there anything particularly Minnesotan I should bring?
    I'm a big fan of Surly, and Summit is pretty good. Leinie's is from Wisconsin, but is also good.

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Danl Haas View Post
    I'm a big fan of Surly, and Summit is pretty good. Leinie's is from Wisconsin, but is also good.
    Leinie's is OK at best. This fool be trippin. Their summer seasonal is good, but their wheat is horrible. Just about everything they have isn't very good except that summer lemonade one.

Danl Cottontail
    summer shaaandeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bringer of Truth
    thnx. I couldn't remember the fucking name and I'm too busy playing Magic the Gathering 2012 on steam to look it up.

Thought about picking up a 6 pack of that the other day, because it's the only thing of their sampler that didn't taste like balls.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Changston just told me about this in the Gym thread, i'd very much like to attend even though i'm new. Let me know if that's cool. I was just thinking I could probably bring this to cut meat for a BBQ:

If it's cool that I come down and I do bring my Great Sword but we will have to be civil and careful (as we can be ) It's an outside only use blade and is also 549$ MSRP so would need to be handled with care. Really would just like to cut meat and other stuff, no wood etc. Sounds like a blast anyway, I think Toledo's a 60 to 90 minute drive from me currently.

I also have a huge amount of SNES & Genesis greats, if anyone wants to get old school. I'm talking old school shadowruns, pirates!, mario kart of course etc.

Frodo Bangins
    I like my meat uncut.

Beast Master
    Damn, there goes my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    I like my meat uncut.
    Well I don't have to bring it should it be cool I come down. It was just a thought, could be incredibly awesome but at the same time you have drunk ppl and a 6lb sword. I say it's outside only because you will lose a light fixture if you take it in the house and people even remotely pick it up just to look at it.

Frodo Bangins
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Collins View Post
    Well I don't have to bring it should it be cool I come down. It was just a thought, could be incredibly awesome but at the same time you have drunk ppl and a 6lb sword. I say it's outside only because you will lose a light fixture if you take it in the house and people even remotely pick it up just to look at it.
    it was a foreskin joke...
    ask bloodspray, the sword probably isn't the best Idea. drunk people and weapons never go over well.

And ZP I can make exceptions
    Last edited by Mr. Gobbldigook; 06-05-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: was no english.

it was a foreskin joke...
    ask bloodspray, the sword probably isn't the best Idea. drunk people and weapons never go over well.

And ZP I can make exceptions
    Yeah it could be really awesome or really awesome + oh shit my hands sliced open. I just thought i'd offer it, it's probably one of the coolest items I own. If I did get to bring it I could put it on lock down with very careful & planned engagement with the community. I can't just not offer to bring a 2 handed great sword anyway... and double negatives always confuse me arghhhh is it right???

Hahahaha, yeah Phil, it's cool if you come, but leave the sword at home
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Collins View Post
    Changston just told me about this in the Gym thread, i'd very much like to attend even though i'm new. Let me know if that's cool. I was just thinking I could probably bring this to cut meat for a BBQ:

If it's cool that I come down and I do bring my Great Sword but we will have to be civil and careful (as we can be ) It's an outside only use blade and is also 549$ MSRP so would need to be handled with care. Really would just like to cut meat and other stuff, no wood etc. Sounds like a blast anyway, I think Toledo's a 60 to 90 minute drive from me currently.

I also have a huge amount of SNES & Genesis greats, if anyone wants to get old school. I'm talking old school shadowruns, pirates!, mario kart of course etc.
    Phil, not a problem. You're more than welcome to join. Not sure about the sword, considering the amount of drinking that will be going on. I do love me some swords ... but still, drunkeness.

Ray of Sunshine
    drunk people and weapons never go over well.
    If we followed through with this rule, than Used could never come. If ever there was a human battering ram...

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Changston View Post
    If we followed through with this rule, than Used could never come. If ever there was a human battering ram...
    Have you SEEN Phil?

That would have been a weapon wielding a weapon,

Ray of Sunshine
    Could someone bring a spare PS2 video cable? I forgot I packed mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Hahahaha, yeah Phil, it's cool if you come, but leave the sword at home
    Hah will do, I'll be down friday night, 50/50 on staying the night saturday as I gotta work 12 hours Sunday. Depends if I can locate some adderal for my lack of attention. And I have no problem getting a hotel room if it's crowded.

You guys got any party favor wants? Greatsword, video games, Bear mace, Archer season 1, Video camera to document debauchery? Anything? Strawberry cream pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Changston View Post
    Could someone bring a spare PS2 video cable? I forgot I packed mine up.
    Slim or Fat ps2? Not sure if the input was the same

[Level 6: Robot]
    If I manage to come, ill be the biggest mooch. I just moved so all my gaming whatnots are 2 hours northwest of me (Probably stolen and under my sisters bed like everything else I leave at home.) I've got a 360 controller, a bunch of single player games, and a red ringed 360. ._.

I wish I had my SNES and Mario Kart here...

Ray of Sunshine
    It's a fat PS2, but I'm pretty sure the video inputs are the same for both. I think only the power cords changed.

[Level 2: Human]

Guys, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it ;_;

My nephew (who is 7) apparently wrote some sort of kickass speech that got him an invite to some special award ceremony. He got to invite two people. One was his mom (of course) and the other was me. Not his dad (who is a complete scumbag anyway), or any other adult in his life, but me.

While this is awesome, the award ceremony is, you guessed it, this fucking Saturday. So I had to do a bit of soul searching as to which to attend. Since I didn't want to add "breaking a little kid's heart in two" to my list of "bullshit I've done that will probably send me to hell", I've decided to cancel my flight (F U C K) head to his ceremony this Saturday.

Guys, I'm so sorry. Feel free to call me all sorts of nasty names and dirty words (even the n-word, BUT JUST THIS ONE TIME AND ONLY UNDER YOUR BREATH) for bailing so soon to the NARP. Consider yourselves lucky; I was about to buy a pair of bikini briefs and some baby oil for the Twister round. No way was I gonna lose that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by casualweaponry View Post
    SADNESS
    ...who is going to break bread with my neighbors?!
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.