Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PAX East 2011

Smooth Operator

PAX East 2011

March 11th - 13th, 2011
    Boston Convention Center
    415 Summer St
    Boston, MA 02210

If you're flying, you need to fly into Logan Airport, code BOS.

If you're driving, you may want to look into taking the MBTA into the city, because you'll save a ton on parking (Parking for a weekend can be well over $100 in the city, whereas parking outside of the city and taking public transportation ends up being something like $15-20 for parking, and another $5 for your round-trip train tickets).
    Link to MBTA info.

Regardless of how you get there, note that the convention center has changed from last year, and if you get a local hotel to the old con, you're going to be over two miles away from the new one.

Try booking your hotel through here. I know a bunch of people are staying in the Seaport Boston, which is just a couple blocks from the convention center, maybe if you haven't booked yet, you can look there.

There is a Google Group where a lot of planning and communication will be happening. Join up to stay in touch with everyone.
    Google Group

For much more "immediate" communication, I highly recommend looking into GroupMe. It's basically a chat room that works through text messaging, so if you have unlimited text messaging, it makes it really easy to stay in touch with everyone. I had two separate GroupMe groups of which I was a part at MAGFest, so there was one that almost everyone from Dtoid was in, and another that was just the room I was staying in, so the five of us could coordinate room keys, etc.

The downside to GroupMe is that it only supports up to 25 people, so I'm sure we won't be able to get the whole Destructoid community in the group, since we were already pushing that limit at MAGFest. I've emailed the coordinators asking if there's any way to expand beyond 25 people, so hang tight there. Worst case, we'll make a couple groups, and make sure that the important things (Meeting up at XYZ panel now!) are pushed out to everyone. Even aside from that, there's always Twitter.

So, what are you waiting for? Preregister already! If you have already registered, then speak up and let us know you're confirmed, where you're staying, who you're with, if you need a ride, etc.

From Logan Airport
    Take the Silver Line Bus SL1 (MBTA).
    Exit at the World Trade Center stop, and take the elevator up to Level 2.
    Take a left onto World Trade Center Ave, and the BCEC will be directly in front of you.

From MBTA (Red Line)
    Exit at the South Station stop, go up one flight of stairs, take the MBTA Silver line SL1, SL2, or SL3 to the World Trade Center stop.
    Take the elevator up to Level 2, take a left onto World Trade Center Ave, and the BCEC will be directly in front of you.

Less than two months away, bros and bras!
    Last edited by IcarusKills; 11-25-2011 at 05:05 PM.

CANNOT WAIT!!

Smooth Operator
    Update: I just got an email from the developers at GroupMe, he said they're working on a few different group styles that will be ready before March comes around. The one that sounds to be the best would be an announcement-style group. This would allow at least 50+ people to be in the group at the same time, though only a couple people can broadcast. This would be beneficial in a number of ways, because not only could we have everyone getting the updates on "what's happening" from people like Hamza or myself, but we would also limit the amount of texts to this group, so people with limited text plans could still join, because I couldn't see there being more than 10-15 texts sent per day.

Already Registered! Can not wait!

[Level 2: Human]

I'm definitely attending. I'll be at the Renaissance Boston hotel.

YOUR SHIT IS OVER, FAKE MUSHROOM!
    Unfortunately, I have a wedding that weekend but I'll be able to hang out on thursday or friday night!

[Level 2: Human]

Aww meng, I totally forgot about that! We'll still see you though. And Jason.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    I definitely will be there as well!

Smooth Operator
    Oh, these bastards are also confirmed. We got an Executive Suite (because we're classy bitches like that) and we're staying in the "Team Sexy Hotel Spot of Hotness", at least according to Hamza. I suggested "Fuck Zone," but it didn't go over as well.

IcarusKills
    Hamza CTZ Aziz
    Jon Bloodspray
    FDC_Ruckus
    DanlHaas
    Zombie Platypus
    Ali D
    Some chick that Bloodspray wants for road head (Not confirmed)

We gonn' be partying, bitches.

Josh, you need a "Fuck Zone" belt buckle.

Danl Cottontail
    Just confirmed my attendance yesterday. No idea how I'm gonna afford it financially, but I DO know that I can't afford to miss it emotionally. I need to see my family.
    Last edited by Danl Haas; 01-18-2011 at 05:20 PM.

The Most Fuckable Omeganaut
    Quote Originally Posted by DanlHaas View Post
    Just confirmed my attendance yesterday. No idea how I'm gonna afford it financially, but I DO not that I can't afford to miss it emotionally. I need to see my family.
    <3

Badge: purchased.
    Flight: not purchased.
    Countdown: initiated.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Josh, you need a "Fuck Zone" belt buckle.
    Yo dude, yes.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

Ol' Flatdick
    I need a place to stay more than anything else. I can probably afford it, I'd just need to get a floor to sleep on.

Holy crap Cataract, if you end up in a room with me, I'm going to stand over you and stare so intensely until you wake up.

Ol' Flatdick
    MAKE
    IT
    HAPPEN

Seriously, I just need a room, and I'll order my badge and make plans to go.

Sadly my room is already pretty packed.

The Most Fuckable Omeganaut
    I recommend getting your badge regardless. It'll be hella easy to sell if you end up not being able to make it.

Ol' Flatdick
    I probably will, just to be on the safe side. I also need to double check and see if the date is going to fuck me over: my brother is graduating from EOD training sometime in the next couple of months, and I'm going down to Florida for the ceremony.

Fifth Dimensional Admin
    Added to the calendar!