Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fisher-Price: My First Forum Post.

[Level 2: Human]

Fisher-Price: My First Forum Post.

Hello all! I've been reading Destructoid everyday for well over a year now and after the occasional comment and a scant few c-blogs I've decided to make my way over to the forums. I've noticed you people are very demanding when it comes to proper intro threads so I'll try and make it count.

To cover the basics, I'm 20 years old and I'm currently living in the suburbs outside beautiful Kansas City. My passions consist mainly of making music and playing vidyagaems all whilst enjoying delicious beer. I got my first gaming console when I was 2 or 3 years old(Sega Genesis) and I've been gaming ever since.

It's hard to really nail down my favorite games of all time, but I'll certainly try. I would say my absolute favorite is Earthbound. Not only because it gave me one of my first true RPG experiences that I played all the way through, but because I still love it just as much(if not more) to this day.

So with that being said, I'm looking forward to contributing in some way or another to the forums...uhh...also, cocks.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I like you. Come over to my house and fuck my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by low tech View Post
    I like you. Come over to my house and fuck my sister.

Who am I to turn down such a generous offer?

Thank you for the obviously sincere, yet unconventional welcome.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Revariance View Post
    I've noticed you people are very demanding when it comes to proper intro threads so I'll try and make it count.
    To the point of suckage, yes.

Welcome.

You like EarthBound, you're cool.

Welcome.

Ray of Sunshine
    I like people that learn from the mistakes of others. Good job in providing a good intro. What's the last great game you played?

Bringer of Truth
    HEY!

Where in Kansas City do you live? I'm down in Gladstone at the moment, lived in Westport for awhile.

Maybe I know you, that'd be funny.

Triiipledot
    Welcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Changston View Post
    I like people that learn from the mistakes of others. Good job in providing a good intro. What's the last great game you played?
    Well, I guess technically the last great game I've played would be Super Mario Galaxy 2. Which I haven't finished yet and continues to blow my mind each time I play it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    HEY!

Where in Kansas City do you live? I'm down in Gladstone at the moment, lived in Westport for awhile.

Maybe I know you, that'd be funny.
    Haha. Right on! I actually live on the Kansas side right now. Around the Overland Park area. Even though most of my time is spent downtown around Westport and out in Missouri.

Well, what did you think of Mother 3? I still have 2 on top because of sentimental reasons, but I think 3 is much more mature and, really, better.

Anyone that has Earthbound as their top game is my instant soulmate so be prepared for some stalking by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by townkinkykid View Post
    Well, what did you think of Mother 3? I still have 2 on top because of sentimental reasons, but I think 3 is much more mature and, really, better.

Anyone that has Earthbound as their top game is my instant soulmate so be prepared for some stalking by yours truly.
    Well, I started playing Mother 3 on an emulator the day after Tomato put up the fan translation for download. I got a good 15 hours in or so and then something funky happened with my computer and I lost all the data. The time I spent I absolutely loved every minute of it and I'd like a physical copy so I don't have to rely on an emulator.

That being said I'm playing through it again trying to get back where I was. Stalk on, my friend.

Man, yeah. I wish I knew japanese so I could play the real thing, because emulated fights are ass for timing the rhythm. That, or I just really suck at that shit.

Keep playing; it only gets better as it goes. The ending is a.ma.zing.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Mother 3 is amazing, I instantly love you.
    Welcome.

Bringer of Truth
    Cool beans!

My band is playing at Dark Horse in July (shh, we're not supposed to tell anyone yet), our favorite Westport establishment lol

We're playing a free show at The Beaumont on June 11th, you should stop by. We're playing with Bombs Over Broadway. I'm in "Documentary"
    http://www.myspace.com/documentaryband
    http://www.youtube.com/user/eddiedocumentary

Do you own any current gen consoles?

We're playing a free show at The Beaumont on June 11th, you should stop by. We're playing with Bombs Over Broadway. I'm in "Documentary"
    http://www.myspace.com/documentaryband
    http://www.youtube.com/user/eddiedocumentary

Do you own any current gen consoles?
    Right on man. I just looked that up and it looks like it's a free show. So that sounds like a good time to me. I play around town with a band called Oh No Meursault, but we're recording an album and aren't playing very many shows. www.myspace.com/ohnomeursault Got a few random demos up if you're interested.

To your game-related question, right now I'm splitting my time between Red Dead on the 360, Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, and I'm still playing through Final Fantasy 13 on my Ps3. Good times for all!

Bringer of Truth
    Yeah, the Beaumont on the 11th is free if you're over 21, $2 if under.

Demo sounds good, quality at least. Still listening to the song, but pretty cool so far!

We might need somebody for a show in July, I'll let you know if we do.

We just got offered a show on June 15th and MIGHT not be able to take it because my Bass player works that night. Are you guys free? It's with my friends band "Nature VS" at the Aftershock in Merriam and they need an opener.

if we can't do it I'll throw them your way if you're available. It's short notice but hey.

Yeah, the Beaumont on the 11th is free if you're over 21, $2 if under.

Demo sounds good, quality at least. Still listening to the song, but pretty cool so far!

We might need somebody for a show in July, I'll let you know if we do.

We just got offered a show on June 15th and MIGHT not be able to take it because my Bass player works that night. Are you guys free? It's with my friends band "Nature VS" at the Aftershock in Merriam and they need an opener.

if we can't do it I'll throw them your way if you're available. It's short notice but hey.
    Hey, thanks man. And I'm not sure we'd be able to do that show. We have 8 people in the band and wrangling that many people together and sorting out schedules is a real bitch. Usually we do shows at least 2 months in advance because of the hassle. I'll run it by them, but they're kind of a finicky bunch. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Revariance View Post
    I play around town with a band called Oh No Meursault, but we're recording an album and aren't playing very many shows.
    You guys sound like The Caesars in Winter Song and that's not a bad thing.

Bringer of Truth
    lol damn, 8 people? I thought wrangling 4 or 5 schedules sucked lol

That's the same reason we probably won't be able to do it, such short notice

It's cool if not, just figured I'd offer it in case we can't

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    I work in Westport. The Beaumont Club is right around the corner from the tattoo shop I work at. Don't go to many shows, though.

Welcome to the forums, Rev. (We can call him that since Burch is gone, right?)