Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52
Results 1,021 to 1,037 of 1037

Thread: Creativity Thread

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Damn, I hope you get back into the music scene soon!

Did you check out my other tunes as well?

I make a bunch of stuff but do not have MIDI data but I think (maybe...) that I can export the file from FL with MIDI....I have no idea as I make everything on my guitar and piano and just match the notes with my PC, lol. I might have a MIDI keyboard that my mom game me but until we move I have 0 room! I also have a guitar to PC thing as well that I can't even use ;_;

I make a ton of songs but rarely ever finish it but I will see if I can get you the MIDI export from FL.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Sorry for the crazy late response I have difficulty keeping tabs on well, anything honestly. I'm extremely absent minded. I have listened to a few other tracks originally, but I will bookmark the soundcloud and take a listen as soon as I can I think FL might have some sort of export to midi function. If not, I could probably rebuild the songs by ear if that was something you would be interested in me doing.

Also wrote my first original song of 2014, "Enigmatic by Design"

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]

Creativity Thread

DELETED PER RED
    Last edited by Mr Andy Dixon; 10-16-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks!

I have not really had any free time to sit down to mess around, would like to soon!

Well, I just finished making what may quite possibly be the greatest drawing I've ever made (just comparing it to the other ones I can see as I look around my room).

Had some issues as I was making this one. I initially over-elongated her torso, which in turn threw off my drawing of her left arm (the right arm from our POV), which in turn made that frilly thing on her arm WAYYY too big. Looked so awkward. Had to erase an hour or two of work there and re-do most of the torso and stuff.

Don't get me started on coloring in her black clothing. I never want to draw someone wearing black clothing again. Ugh. It took so long. I felt the joy of drawing being sapped away by this monotonous task. Didn't help that I went for a cross-stitch like pattern for the largest areas of her dress (which was unintentional; I had colored in most of her dress only to realize that I had colored it in too lightly), meaning that I had to go over it twice. I think it worked out in the end, tho. I quite like the cross-stitch effect.

But in coloring in her dress, I had a few problems. Namely, the black sleeves/vest she's wearing blended in with the dress's black color. And parts of her hair, her hands, etc., that were in the vicinity of the black dress became much less pronounced. So I resolved to outline everything that "passes through" (so to speak) her black dress with a thick line. I think it worked well. Really made things pop.

So I think it came out a lot better than I was expecting. Honestly, when I was coloring her clothing, I kind of felt like I was making a mistake. I thought it would turn out looking like crap. It almost did. Thankfully I think how I handled that part of the process really benefited the drawing in ways I couldn't have imagined.

Just felt like sharing it. It's been almost a solid year since my last serious hand-drawing (I made one this past February, but that was in MS Paint). Glad to see that I can still handle a pencil when I put my mind to it.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Freehand, right? That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlion View Post
    Freehand, right? That's good.
    Yeah. Basically the way I draw is that I find a picture I like for whatever character I want to draw and try to draw as close of a replica as I can. I could never pull a drawing like this right out of my head. And I'm long past the point where I think tracing is in any way something to be proud of. So I freehand it. Might sound weird but that's my idea of fun when it comes to drawing. Been doing this kind of thing for years.

Kind of cool trying to make a replica of something and then looking at the differences between the original and your own version after all's said and done. Seeing where I had to improvise a bit.

Juice Box
    Just fooling around and I mess up a lot. I keep ideas on video even though nothing will probably ever come of them, and video helps me figure out fingerings if I forgot anything.. If I used my amp, my laptop mic would probably blow up considering the crackles it gets from this kind of stuff, haha. Haven't honestly tried it though.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Last edited by pk fire; 10-20-2014 at 07:54 AM.

top video is set to private

10. 10-20-2014, 01:06 AM

Juice Box
    Quote Originally Posted by King Süshi View Post
    top video is set to private
    I fixed it? I went to edit the video and it says it was public so I just selected it again.. Seems to work now. Thanks.

I drew a pug today by request. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    You're not the only one. That's great.

That pug is awesome, good job!

Thanks, guys!

I've been trying to write new music whenever possible. I recently picked up Komplete 10 ultimate (update from Komplete 8 ultimate) and I'm in love with the new sounds. Very inspiring.

These are the songs I've thrown together in the past few weeks or so. I'm going for movie soundtrack style, although I do still slip in elements I normally use.

On The Day He Died (2014): This would play in a scene where a character, perhaps a detective, tells another character about an investigation into a murder. I just woke up, so I don't know if I'm describing it properly :P My friend has made me new intros to use in my video.

The Wrong Side of the Tracks (2014): Just something that would play for a scene where a character encounters an evil being while looking for information in a shady part of town.

Times Like This (2014): This is just a jam song, mostly. Main inspiration is actually music from Earthworm Jim 1/2.

= Can only link to 3 videos, so the rest will be direct links =

Smooth Move (2014): Another jam track. If you see an ad, it's because apparently my use of a drum sample from a sample library I bought, was enough to trigger an automatic claim on the video. I really love this jam though.

Sleep, Perchance to Dreamless (2014): This is a remix/rearrangement of a song from the original Nonsensicals, Dreamless.

I'm really glad to be writing music again. I should have tons more before the end of the year.

Dope tunes dude. Keep up the good work!

Thanks After I posted this, I took a nap, and worked on a request from JohnnyViral. I asked people on Twitter if there was something they'd like to see me work on, and he wanted to see if I could remake his song from the Destructoid album. Brewing Rage (Original]

I put this together.

I might consider redoing more songs in a newer, more advanced style, if there is a demand for it.