Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Killzone 3

[Level 4: Cyborg] Vanilla Gorilla's Avatar

Killzone 3

This can't be right, there's no Killzone 3 thread? I went back a couple pages and didn't see one. =x Seems like it would be somewhat of a hot topic.

Either way, since demoed at PAX Prime, I need to know - Multiplayer at least as awesome as Killzone 2? Way more awesome?

I didn't get to make PAX this year, and this is something I REALLY wanted to get my hands on.

How are the controls? I actually liked the heavy controls of KZ2. I'm sad all the internet whining moved them to speed things up, I'm just apprehensive about how fast they were sped up.

[Level 4: Cyborg] Vanilla Gorilla's Avatar
    Alright, so there was one made and died a couple months ago.

But should we resurrect it, with the first 15 posts full of no real information other than "jetpacks", a couple of "I want it's" and a couple of "I don't want it's"?

Go revive it then. As a former, 360 fanboy, I couldn't care less

Quote Originally Posted by Aurain View Post
    A former 360 fanboy?

You got that pad so far up your ass that when Master Chief jumps, your prostrate goes into overdrive.
    Not quite SC levels though.
    I'm open to any opinion and instead of saying something is shit because it's not my style I usually just say "I don't like it, IMO". I might even give a reason why I don't like it if I can be bothered. I also never shout down your throat "OMG MASTER CHIEF IS SO AWESOME, I LOVE 360" etc.

Preferring 360 to PS3 isn't fanboyism though. Being narrow minded and using Karutologic is, though.

I was yanking your chain, silly boy.
    THIS IS SRS BSNS BRO!!!!!!!!!!!eleven!!1!!!

[Level 6: Robot]
    My ears were burning.

I'm super stoked about Killzone 3, IMHO Killzone 2 took the piss out of Halo and Halo still hasn't been able to top it, with what, 3 games since? Try harder Halo!

Killzone 3 is going to PWN more than Killzone 2 did and i cannot wait.

This video may be old but it's really hard to watch and then deny that Killzone > Halo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ze2uXy1e0

(someone needs to tell me how to BB code a youtube video into a post, like STAT.

lol. Sexchoc. You don't even try anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by the guy with the hat View Post
    lol. Sexchoc. You don't even try anymore...

You could smell the laziness a mile away couldn't you?

Seriously though, how the fuck do you embed a youtube video here? i tried the "embed" button - no dice. Gotta be a BB code for it or something right?

[Level 5: Mech]
    I like how they basically compared campaign of Killzone to Multiplayer of Halo.

however, Killzone sure does look purdy.

Wolf Master
    God, I know you're trolling, SC, but I can't help myself. There was been one Halo first-person shooter (two Halo games, but one was an RTS) since Killzone 2's release, and it doesn't even make sense to compare them, anyway. Killzone 2 is much more like Call of Duty 4 and Team Fortress 2 than anything like Halo. Can you like one better than the other? Of course. Can you say Killzone 2 is objectively better than Halo 3? I don't really see how.

As far as the original post goes, I didn't get a chance to play any Killzone 3 at PAX, but Jim's got some impressions up on the front page. Sounds like it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    God, I know you're trolling, SC, but I can't help myself.
    Do what I do.

Read troll post.
    Chuckle and say "that's sexchoc for ya"

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    God, I know you're trolling, SC, but I can't help myself. There was been one Halo first-person shooter (two Halo games, but one was an RTS) since Killzone 2's release, and it doesn't even make sense to compare them, anyway. Killzone 2 is much more like Call of Duty 4 and Team Fortress 2 than anything like Halo. Can you like one better than the other? Of course. Can you say Killzone 2 is objectively better than Halo 3? I don't really see how.

As far as the original post goes, I didn't get a chance to play any Killzone 3 at PAX, but Jim's got some impressions up on the front page. Sounds like it's good.

Sorry for my miscalculation, I just see so many Halo games, all looking exactly the same, I have trouble following which is which.

Pew pew pew.

When you say Killzone is more like Team fortress or Call of Duty, you mean it's, uh, like, GOOD right?

(I dislike CoD, but that's down to the way it's all about perks and killstreaks rather than the core gameplay, which is actually pretty good)

With Halo being more like, *trying to think of horrible floaty gravity, slidey feet, laser gun shooters with terrible physics and horrible weapons......* more like, Quake 3 Arena?? - (Quake 3 actually had some cool weapons, unlike Halo but it certainly had that same "character models floating half an inch off the floor and sliding around like hover-people" feel to it.)

........but i'll let Quake off with it's poor physics due to it being 11 years old. - Halo, especially the newer ones, have no excuse.

Super Jumpy pad things - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That shit is so fucking 90's - it's one of the main reason's I hated Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosion2 View Post
    I like how they basically compared campaign of Killzone to Multiplayer of Halo.

however, Killzone sure does look purdy.

It's not that Killzone looks particularly pretty, just that Halo looks fucking aweful!

Also, it's not the campaign vs the multi, it's the engine and graphics and physics vs the engine, graphics and physics.

lol Sexchoc.

While looking for images of killzone killing Halo (Was hoping for master Chump being raped by some Halghast or something) i found this and couldn't resist....

You know, Sexchoc. You could spend time playing on your PS3 rather than trolling the front page and attempting to troll the forums. It just seems like a waste of one's time myself.

He's like Karutomaru but intelligent.
    I find that guy funny how he would keep on saying he wasn't trolling.

It's like the scene in The Dark knight where the joker gets all serious when a gangster calls him crazy and he's like "No, no I'm NOT"

He's like Karutomaru but intelligent.
    Aw shucks, you're gonna make me blush....

Quote Originally Posted by the guy with the hat View Post
    You know, Sexchoc. You could spend time playing on your PS3 rather than trolling the front page and attempting to troll the forums. It just seems like a waste of one's time myself.
    Don't worry dude, i very rarely visit Dtoid from Home, I'm at work right now and will be for another 20 minutes. Then I'm off home to thumb rape my PS3, lovingly.

It's not a waste of MY time, it's a waste of the time my employer BUYS from me.

I am a killer of time and my weapon of choice is Dtoid!

THE MR.E BIRD
    Working.

Wolf Master
    Is it funny to anybody else that in the thread dedicated to Killzone 3, the prevailing topic is to bash Halo?

Frankly, I'm looking forward to Killzone 3. I enjoyed KZ2, the multiplayer of it anyway. Maxed out all of my classes and everything. I also enjoy Halo and Call of Duty because it turns out it's actually possible to like games that aren't console exclusive to your console of choice.