Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock: Infinite

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    It's explained throughout the story.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Corduroy Turtle View Post
    so why give the player that ability to kill these other NPCs if it has no effect whatsoever?
    That, I have no answer for, but given how things were changed and rushed through towards the end of production, it's probably a massive oversight.

But I never really had much of a reason to shoot them because I was pretty much involved with the story from minute one. Reminds me of when I tried to break the Liberty Island section of Deus Ex for the same reasons. We all knew that Elizabeth couldn't sustain perfect AI for 12+ hours, much like we knew "true freedom" in Deus Ex meant "more than two choices of approach, but no more than four, cos we don't have the level design or manpower for that".

Is there a chance to go back to previous sections of the city? I really need to get back to the Hall of Heroes. I did the cipher decoding there but have since learned that I also needed to then interact with a hat on a coat rack or something. I found this out after doing the Finkton cipher and being prompted to mess with that clock, which made me think "Oh God, there was something more to that first cipher", and sure enough google showed me what I missed out on.

So yeah, can I go back? Google has been of no help answering that question. I'd hate for my only missing voxophone to be that one hidden in that bar restroom.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Some areas you visit twice, others you only visit once. Unless I'm mis-remembering, the Hall of Heroes is a one time deal.

Well that's no good. No good at all.

You can go back, as long as you don't take the trolley ride to The First Lady airship. Be warned, everybody respawns around that statue on your way back up.

Now that I think about it, any time you take the trolley, that's the point of no return since it never gives you the option to use it again.

I'm well past the airship, I'm in Finkton now dealing with a crazy bloody Chen.

If I do 1999 mode I guess I'll get that voxophone. SO SAD.

Ah, yeah, you're not going back to Hall of Heroes or anything around that now. Sorry.

You'll pass through Finkton and Shantytown a couple of times. Emporia is one huge multi-path map which has you running back and forth, but that's it. It's fairly linear.

Something I liked:

When I fell from the tower and awoke on the beach at Battleship Bay I really thought I had made it to terra firma and was "safe". Knowing that it was way too early in the game, I wondered how I'd end up back on that city in the sky. Then as I was scrounging along the beach I realized these people were all from Columbia, so I thought "Oh my God, these people have their own secret beach hideaway they fly over and come down to whenever they want!" Then I watched the kinetoscope that showed the Bay floating in the sky and I had a Twilight Zone moment where I realized I hadn't escaped at all, but was still up in the air. It was a pretty neat moment for me.

Yep.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Has anyone found out that there is a gamma bug, at least on 360? Normally if you set the brightness "properly" according to the in-game tool, the dark areas black-crush to hell, and the contrast is just generally ass. But if you reset to default brightness then turn off frame-lock, it totally fixes the gamma and the game looks amazing like it's supposed to. You can then turn frame-lock back on. The difference is seriously night & day. I was so glad to have found this out, because I was futzing with the settings constantly on my first playthrough.

I'm pretty sure the 360 is notorious for crushing blacks, which is why PS3/360 comparisons of default brightness always make the PS3 look brighter in comparison.

They output pictures differently for sure, the Xbox outputs more contrast. But this is a bug that totally changes the game's gamma profile.

Wasn't aware of that. Glad you found a working solution, though.

So, does anyone have an idea of what the post-credits scene means?

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRemedy View Post
    My take on Jim's argument that the game doesn't suffer from ludonarrative dissonance.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILERSPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Spoiler!
    One of the main points that Jim made, and one that I agree with, is that although Booker is affected by and feels guilty about his past transgressions, he is still a ruthless killer. He wants to be a better person, but he isn't.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    Wasn't aware of that. Glad you found a working solution, though.

So, does anyone have an idea of what the post-credits scene means?
    words

words

words

words

words
    Spoiler!

I really hope that's the case.

Pretty much what Used says.

Balls
    -
    -
    Balls
    -
    -
    Balls
    -
    -
    Balls
    -
    -
    Penis

Spoiler!

Honkey Kong
    So the Charge advice(that I believe Victor gave) was true. That's good. Still torn on trying that or fully upgrading Bronco.

You should always believe me.

Nah, trust me (and Victor ), especially if you have the Gear I mentioned available, grab a shotty & go for Charge. Totally easy mode. Literally seconds, dude. It's ridiculous. I've been using it & Return to Sender almost exclusively once I unlocked them, with a default Shock Jockey for setting traps for area control while sniping. It's a piece of cake. I got the Heartbreaker cheevo last night in 1999 mode too, pretty proud of that. Crows and a sniper made it pretty easy, but I did die twice lol. Other than that, I've only had a handful of deaths, aside from early on when you don't have shit. There's plenty of money to upgrade Bronco too, if you want it, anyway. But I mean, Rev doesn't know shit. <3