Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock: Infinite

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I kid.

Mostly.

Kind of.

Not really.

THE MR.E BIRD
    But seriously BioShock 2 had dire multiplayer. The only negative connotation this news has regarding the quality of the game is that they were actually stupid enough to consider sticking multiplayer in, that's pretty worrying. I want this game to be good but I am going to have to wait for a better picture before deciding if it is worth playing.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Multiplayer is not the reason why I will buy the shit out of this game.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    But seriously BioShock 2 had dire multiplayer. The only negative connotation this news has regarding the quality of the game is that they were actually stupid enough to consider sticking multiplayer in, that's pretty worrying. I want this game to be good but I am going to have to wait for a better picture before deciding if it is worth playing.
    I felt the same way. The fact they actually used some development time considering a multiplayer function may have taken away some time for polish.

Then again this is Irrational and Levine is at the helm of this title, so I don't see much chance of it having that great a detrimental effect. I still have hope.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    The multiplayer had no legs beyond launch. People rushed around for the achievements, managed to get the tough ones because everyone was learning the ropes, grinded to the highest level and left it in the dust after three months. My mate did the same thing, tried playing it after the fact and found stuff like CTF to be a bit of a chore.

Honkey Kong
    Bioshock 2 was great despite it's good multiplayer. The only complaint that has any legitimacy against the game is the story not being as good as the first, which cutting MP would not have helped. Everything else was better than the first.

I'll probably still buy it, just not at launch for $60. The only single-player games I'll pay that much for are long, open-ended RPG's like Borderlands or Skyrim that have nigh endless re-playability. I'm sure Infinite's single-player is great and all but I rarely play though those games more than once and I'm not paying that much for something I'll only play once.

Bioshock 1 was suppose to have multiplayer from the very beginning. It's obvious Levine wants to have multiplayer in Bioshock, but he just can't make it work for whatever reason. I see this less as him saying, "This game doesn't NEED multiplayer!" which is how a lot of people are interpreting it, and more like, "The publisher is breathing down my neck to get this game finished so I'm going to have to start cutting corners." Shame because the Spec Ops-ish co-op mode he had planned sounded fun.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that stuff return as DLC.

I don't think I've ever heard of a game including an entire multiplayer component as DLC.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Halo Anniversary should have done that.

Fuck 343.

Halo Anniversary should have done that.

Fuck 343.
    That game came out on a budget price. Sure, it would have been nice to have H:CE multiplayer but then I wouldn't have even bought Halo 4. Smart move on their part.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Smart business moves are not things I appreciate, since they're usually not making a game better.

Tacking the Reach Multiplayer onto it was still a terrible thing to do.

It was a good thing for people who liked playing the best online multiplayer in the series.

Back to Bioshock. B2's multiplayer would have been more well received had it not been packed in with the single player mode. As a standalone XBLA/PSN title or DLC, it would have been more profitable and given whiny gamers less to bitch about. While I would like to see Infinite have some multiplayer modes out of the gate, I wouldn't mind coughing up a few extra bucks after I've finished the campaign to extend my experience.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by BadStar View Post
    It was a good thing for people who liked playing the best online multiplayer in the series.
    Was it? They already owned Reach. The DLC code was perfect for them because why load it on a different disc when there's less choice? But for the people that didn't like playing the best online multiplayer in the series it really wasn't welcome. My point is that if you liked Reach you already owned it and if you didn't then you wouldn't want to play it. It was illogical and also the way they tacked two titles onto one disc was buggy. Several times the games would momentarily become confused as to which it was on and pop up a notification saying X friends are playing the one I wasn't on.

Beast Master
    Several times the games would momentarily become confused as to which it was on and pop up a notification saying X friends are playing the one I wasn't on.
    Oh the horror.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Oh the horror.
    I'm not saying it was annoying, but shit like that is bad. You boner.

Was it? They already owned Reach. The DLC code was perfect for them because why load it on a different disc when there's less choice? But for the people that didn't like playing the best online multiplayer in the series it really wasn't welcome. My point is that if you liked Reach you already owned it and if you didn't then you wouldn't want to play it. It was illogical and also the way they tacked two titles onto one disc was buggy. Several times the games would momentarily become confused as to which it was on and pop up a notification saying X friends are playing the one I wasn't on.
    For its price, I'd say that getting a lovingly crafted HD remake and several additional multiplayer maps/modes for Reach was more than worth it, especially since I was still regularly playing Reach at the time. It enhanced my experience with both games. I'm surprised that you feel so strongly about it since you seem so indifferent towards multiplayer in the first place.

THE MR.E BIRD
    No no, I am glad they included the maps but only as a DLC code. It was not needed on the damn disc, it just felt like filler.

This isn't about me dislike Reach at all, I don't.

Still responds to BLOO
    Gatsby would hate Reach's balanced gameplay

Explains his fascination with that PS3 Smash Bros game

The shittier the better, Gatsby's mantra right there

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Knuckleheads be turning classy Bioshock threads into shitty Halo talk.