Page 1 of 215 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gym (training with Tubby)

[Level 7: Sentinel]

The Gym (training with Tubby)

So I think the fitness thread somehow got deleted, so I wanted to start a new one for Musclehead-Toid.
    I started running my mile-and-a-half, instead of just a mile. First try was 18:50; second try was 16:57; and my most recent was 16:01. Making some great progress on that bitch.
    inb4 usedtube squatting a truck

<INFO ADDED>
    Body weight exercises:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler57.htm

http://koreantaekwondo.tripod.com/ar.../exercises.htm

General Guide:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/
    Guide showing a large list of possible exercises.

http://www.johnfit.com/know-your-gen...st-beach-body/
    Guide on the three different body types on how each requires different things.

http://www.johnfit.com/steve-reeves-...an-fit-legend/
    About a champion lifter who maintained a three day a week workout while still being a beast.

Short and sweet article about a little known fact concerning nutrition.

Specific workouts:
    http://thecampusthrone.com/fit-like-...t-club-workout
    The routine used by Brad Pitt to gain his iconic Fight Club physique.

A good starting strength routine for newbies/intermediate lifters.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layn...peak-week.html
    An advanced guide for those wishing to hit their physical peaks.

http://www.greatist.com/fitness/inte...omplete-guide/
    Guide to High Intensity Interval Training(HIIT).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaUbL...layer_embedded
    Video on how to run a 400 meter dash.
    Last edited by Zodiac Eclipse; 10-03-2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Adding FAQ type stuff to first post.

Is this where I talk about my rippling biceps? They ripple. Like water. It's a bit disturbing.

For cereal, anyone have a regiment they used to effectively reduce gut fat? Mine is getting ridiculous.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I don't work out much in the traditional sense. I lift weights now and then and run a bit but that's it.

I get a lot of my workout by playing baseball for my school's summer team. It actually tires you out when you play everyday.

Californiasby
    *walks into gym*

Yeah, I'm lost. Ya'll know where the KFC is?

Smooth Operator
    I was all ready to come in here and tell you to use the search function, then link to the old thread and lock this one, but I can't find it for the life of me. I know I've posted in there a bunch of times, and I even went through six pages of every thread I've ever posted in, and it's not there... Maybe it was merged with something else by accident or had the name changed or something, there's no reason for it to have been deleted that I can think of, unless Mxy just got embarassed that Usedtabe's guns are as big as Mxy's torso.

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusKills View Post
    ...unless Mxy just got embarassed that Usedtabe's guns are as big as Mxy's torso.
    Lol. I was reading some front page comments yesterday and some dude was like "Usedtabe you couldn't take me in a fight you won't play UFC" or some shit like that. All I could think of was dude's arms.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I ride a BMX on the weekends. Badly.

Does that count as fitness?

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
    Is this where I talk about my rippling biceps? They ripple. Like water. It's a bit disturbing.

For cereal, anyone have a regiment they used to effectively reduce gut fat? Mine is getting ridiculous.
    Just run/jog/walk. Whatever will get your heart-rate up to burn fat. I recommend a High Intesnity Interval Training program. Just Google "HIIT" and you'll see the different types. But those really burn fat. You can't spot train a part of your body to reduce the fat.

That sucks the fitness thread is gone. And just so ya'll know, my squats suck compared to everything else. I started way late, and you're supposed to be able to squat more than you bench. I'm at break even lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    I ride a BMX on the weekends. Badly.

Does that count as fitness?
    It counts as exercise.

Good times Novokaine, glad to see you making progress.

Honkey Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Lol. I was reading some front page comments yesterday and some dude was like "Usedtabe you couldn't take me in a fight you won't play UFC" or some shit like that. All I could think of was dude's arms.
    It was probably from Adamantium Hip. You should see the crap he's filled my PM box with. All becuase he couldn't except that I won a few matches in a UFC game by spamming moves.

Californiasby
    Usedtabe can't wear normal shirts because his pecs tear them off every time he inhales.

Bringer of Truth
    I really need to get some exercise and start working out.

I was actually noticing in the mirror that I'm in better shape than I thought I was (playing drums is a pretty good full body workout to keep you in relative shape; it won't get you buff or lose weight, but it helps a little) I also ride my bike a lot.

But I really want to build up my arm strength a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobun View Post
    Usedtabe can't wear normal shirts because his pecs tear them off every time he inhales.
    Yeah, but it would be awesome for Hulk Outs.

I find with the BMX, my legs are rock solid and my torso is flat and toned...then the rest of me is skinny as hell because I don't work the upper body!

Basically, if I was involved in a fight, the best I can do is outrun them.

Honkey Kong
    Or kick them really hard

*EDIT* With the fitness thread gone, that means we lost Moe's bikini shot. Feels bad man.

I didn't think of that!

The worst thing is I used to do Kung Fu, but once you stop doing it after a decade, that shit doesn't stay with you. I can only remember how to break out of an arm grab and punch someone in the face with an open palm. That and I can take a beating to the back of my legs with a stick, which is actually unrelated to the BMX!

Honkey Kong
    I've been lifting for 5-6 days a week for a year now, and it's gotten old. I miss having weekends off. Now I've consolidated everything into 4 days a week.

Monday: Chest/triceps

Chest: 10 sets of flat bench(275lbs for 8 repsx3sets, then whatever I can squeeze out from there for 8 reps), 4 sets of cable crossovers on a circuit with 4 sets of machine flies.
    Triceps: 4 sets of floor presses(doubles as chest exercise), 4 sets of rack lock outs(425lbs x 8 reps), 4 sets of close-grip bench presses, 2 sets of triceps push-downs
    Finish the day off with a HIIT cardio session

Tuesday:Back/biceps/squats

Back: 4 sets of hang cleans(doubles as biceps exercise), 4 sets of bent-over barbell rows, 4 sets of pull-ups in a circuit with 4 sets of dumbbell rows, 4 sets of pull-downs in a circuit with 4 sets of machine rows
    Biceps :4 sets of barbell curls(95lbs X8 reps), 4 sets of preacher curls(115lbs x8reps), 2-4 sets of hammer curls
    Squats: Till I drop and can no longer walk.

Wednesday: Cardio(HIIT)/Abs(circuit-trained)

Thursday: Upper chest/triceps/shoulders

Chest: 6-7 sets incline bench press, 4 sets incline dumbbell press, 4 sets cable-crossovers in circuit with 4 sets of machine flies
    Triceps 3 sets of weighted dips, 3 sets of close-grip bench presses, 3 sets of reverse-grip bench presses, 3 sets of skull-crushers, 2 sets of circuit training with rope extenstions/pull-downs/push-downs/hammer bench
    Shoulders 4 sets of side raises, 4 sets of machine reverse flies, 4 sets of shoulder rotations
    Finish off with low-intensity cardio

Friday: DEATH DAY Back/Biceps/legs/Traps/Forearms

Back: 6-8 sets of deadlifts(135lbsx10 reps, 225x8reps,315x6reps,405x3reps,455x1,then whatever I feel like). Sometimes I circuit in some machine rows.
    Biceps: 3 sets of alternating dumbbell curls, 3 sets of incline curls, 3 sets of circuit training with reverse barbell curls/one hand preacher curls/hammer curls. I'll sometimes come back after everything else is finished an burnout with a couple of sets of barbell curls(65lbsx18reps)
    Legs: 6 sets of squats, 4 sets of leg extensions, 3 sets of leg presses
    Traps: deadlifts already pack a big punch here, but I also do 3 sets of upright rows(95lbsx15 reps), 3 sets of barbell shrugs(280lbs-405lbs for 8-12 reps)
    Forearms: Realistically, with all the shit I lift, these don't have to be trained. But I do 4 sets of reverse wrist curls for them anyway
    This is the hardest day of the week. Deadlifts and squats in the same day is hell on your body, as they are both FULL body exercises.

Saturday: Swimming
    Sunday: Cardio(HIIT)/abs(circuit-training)

This routine allows me to enjoy my weekends more. Sure, the 4 days of lifting is fucking hell on earth(I don't rest more than a minute between each set, 1.5 minutes max), but I have more days to rest in the week now.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    *EDIT* With the fitness thread gone, that means we lost Moe's bikini shot. Feels bad man.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I just spent the past 10 minutes looking for the thread and then I saw this one. Whomp whomp...I guess it vanished off into the vast world of the internet. OH WELLZ.

About my bikini shot. Too bad, so sad :P

hehehe If others don't start posting progress pictures then I won't either because then I will feel like a picture whore!

As for an update, I've COMPLETELY NIXED off-days and off-meals. I feel like they hinder me severely and I feel crazy guilty for having just 1 day to eat what my heart desires....and then I feel sorry for myself and hate that feeling! I also feel like I have more cravings when I do take an off day. I even had a test today. I had delicious looking cupcakes that I had to carry to someone and I didn't even want a bite! HAH!

Also, if I eat anything remotely bad, my stomach kills me. I can't eat Pizza or normal fries anymore...else I'll get sick. So that blows.

Now all I eat is:

Breakfast: Oatmeal mixed with peanut butter (I can thank Morty for that one) OR egg beaters with a banana.

Lunch: Grilled chicken wrap with lo-fat whole wheat tortilla, teaspoon of salsa, teaspoon of low-fat ranch and 1 blue corn chip, crushed (these wraps are BEAST and delicious).

Dinner: Brown rice with diced up grilled chicken and veggies all mixed together.

In-between meals include a variety of nuts, fruits (peaches mostly), fat-free yogurt, protein bars.

I've also started to double-up on my exercises each weak...each muscle category gets worked out twice a week...1 heavy day and 1 light day. It's really helping with recovery soreness. I have less now.

I really want to get cut before I move back to Maryland. That's my goal. I get that being lean with a lot of muscle on a woman is kinda gross to some dudes, but they can all suck my left toe.

Is Gatsby supposed to be 19 or 39?

Also, I had a double down for breakfast today. My first ever. Shit was intense!

Bringer of Truth
    I dunno, I thought Gatsby was closer to my age and now I don't know.

On a not-making-fun-of-Gatsby note, I don't have any before pictures to judge again but looks like it's working out for ya Gatsby!

Is the t-shirt suntan part of your EU roots too?