Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32

Thread: Metal Gear Solid: Rising

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Because gifs

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]

Just listen to it while you watch the gif - skip to 3:05 and watch the above post.
    That's all I could think about when I saw that gif. Don't know why.

Son of a bitch, it does work.

Since GTAO was still borked last night I threw in Revengeance again and did a quick run through of the campaign. Fuck, this game is still fantastic. I also remembered I'm one trophy away from Platinum still.

Which trophy? Is it the challenge missions?

No, the codec trophy. All I really need is a run through on Easy and a bunch of free time on Saturday.

I tried getting that my first playthrough, but I had to of missed a fair chunk somewhere. Maybe all the hostage specific discussions would put me over the top on it, but I checked that thing religiously and still never got it.

As far as I know, you should check the codec after any kind of major sequence happens like a cutscene or what not and just keep going until codecs start repeating themselves. There's also codecs during boss battles too I guess.

It's more or less just a tedious trophy to get. Though from what I have listened to there's a lot of good background information given through those, like how Jetstream Sam's sword can hurt Armstrong.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Soon.

Thank you based Kojima!

Hoping the PC version comes with the DLC bundled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephzilla View Post
    As far as I know, you should check the codec after any kind of major sequence happens like a cutscene or what not and just keep going until codecs start repeating themselves. There's also codecs during boss battles too I guess.

It's more or less just a tedious trophy to get. Though from what I have listened to there's a lot of good background information given through those, like how Jetstream Sam's sword can hurt Armstrong.
    That's the sad thing. I did that at the start of every level and after every major event, scene, discussion. I figured I missed some boss fights and the hostages (it was my first playthrough so most of them died) because I was super thorough on everything else.

I know the hostages count as codec conversations. I wonder if there are codec conversations that pop up during certain normal fights? Like when you encounter a new enemy.

That trophy alone is why I will never, ever 100% this game. I've got way better shit to do with my time.

I'm just glad they were kept optional in Revengeance though. If there's one thing I couldn't stand about MGS4 it was those stupidly long and drawn out Beauty and the Beast convos with Drebin.

True story.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephzilla View Post
    I know the hostages count as codec conversations. I wonder if there are codec conversations that pop up during certain normal fights? Like when you encounter a new enemy.
    You get 4 codec conversations when you spot a hostage, another 4 for saving the hostage and another 4 for letting the hostage die. You get 1 or 2 more if you rip the hostage's clothes off by attacking him after being rescued.

Use the codec during alert phases. Boris & Doktor will give you combat tips & weapon/enemy information that varies on what enemies you are currently facing (like guys with shields or guys with rocket launchers).

I got the trophy during mission 2 of my 2nd playthrough. Mission 1 & 2 has the most number of codec conversations, I think.

You had the patience for that bullshit. I'm sort of impressed. I can't slow down long enough to get it done, I always get to it and I'm like...nah, fuck it, Imma just keep dismembering motherfuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Sy View Post
    You get 4 codec conversations when you spot a hostage, another 4 for saving the hostage and another 4 for letting the hostage die. You get 1 or 2 more if you rip the hostage's clothes off by attacking him after being rescued.

Use the codec during alert phases. Boris & Doktor will give you combat tips & weapon/enemy information that varies on what enemies you are currently facing (like guys with shields or guys with rocket launchers).

I got the trophy during mission 2 of my 2nd playthrough. Mission 1 & 2 has the most number of codec conversations, I think.
    Honestly, the best bit of info I got from that is that it doesn't have to be in one playthrough. I may go back and do that since I've been thinking about replaying on harder difficulties.