Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Pwnd
    Nah, you know there's more to it than that, even if you're always too drunk to remember the shit you say.

Like I said, if you don't like it, don't dish it out. The good ol' golden rule.

Pwnd
    That hole you're standing in? Digging harder will make it go away. Seriously. I promise.

This is going to follow you for the rest of your time here. Go ahead and make it your forum sig if you want. At this point you might as well.

Pwnd
    Honestly, I hope it does.

Pwnd
    Gotta build a reputation somehow, right?

By the way what's this depression thing you mentioned? I don't remember that -- not necessarily because I was drunk, it's more like you're just not as important to me as you seem to think.

Oh and by the way, nice job on scaring Nanbu away. Can't have any vaginas in the man house now can we. Seriously, I can't believe you'd bitch out that hard over a fucking joke.

Pwnd
    lol, I'm sure Nanbu has heard worse after being on the front page. I thought we were all having some fun shitting on each other here. That is what we like to do down here, ain't it? What's a better greeting than a good ol' breach?

You know what though? I was wrong for saying that shit about your brother. I went too far. Seriously, I do apologize, Shane. I don't regret much shit in life, but I do regret making that comment, even if it was to make a point. The ends don't justify the means, and I'm at fault for forgetting that.

What can I say? I'm a piece of shit at heart.

Still responds to BLOO

Well, that was an amusingly random mashup.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    So, sales wise Metal Gear Rising pretty much kicked the fuck out of everything in Japan

[PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ADV> (Konami) {2013.02.21} (•6.980) - 308.681 / NEW

For comparison, here are the week one sales for DmC, DMC4, and Bayonetta

01./00. [PS3] DmC: Devil May Cry (Capcom) - 110,429 / NEW
    21./00. [360] DmC: Devil May Cry (Capcom) - 6,000 / NEW
    -
    02./00. [PS3] Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) - 205,390 / NEW
    07./00. [360] Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom) - 40,023 / NEW
    -
    01./00. [PS3] Bayonetta (SEGA) - 135,242 / NEW
    07./00. [360] Bayonetta (SEGA) - 64,325 / NEW

Japan wise, it's the best week one for an action game since the original Devil May Cry

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    That is fucking awesome! Anarchy Reigns, Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta 2 all action games released in one year. Go P*!!

I hope this secures a next gen Rising sequel from Konami, and gives them some flexibility to make some more awesome titles. Maybe they'll obtain the Darksiders IP and make an action adventure title. They have the adventure experience with Okami, and their action is the best in the industry.

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    lol, I'm sure Nanbu has heard worse after being on the front page. I thought we were all having some fun shitting on each other here. That is what we like to do down here, ain't it? What's a better greeting than a good ol' breach?

You know what though? I was wrong for saying that shit about your brother. I went too far. Seriously, I do apologize, Shane. I don't regret much shit in life, but I do regret making that comment, even if it was to make a point. The ends don't justify the means, and I'm at fault for forgetting that.

What can I say? I'm a piece of shit at heart.
    In the future please avoid situations where you have to make apologies like this. That's seriously fucked up dude. Really, really not cool. Next time it'll be a vacation from the Forums for a while, so you should probably stop and cool down before you hit reply during a disagreement.

In general I'd be a lot happier if everybody hashed out shit via email or pms instead of making a public spectacle here, thanks.

Pwnd
    Duly noted. It won't happen again.

http://platinumgames.com/2013/02/26/it-starts-today/
    DLC1: VR Missions!

Risingís first DLC is a pack of 30 special VR missions: some for Raiden, and some testing your skills with the dwarf gekko.

VR Mission #19: Raiden takes on cyborgs with nothing but his fists in this street-styled VR mission. To change things up, this mission actually features a fixed camera that follows you along as you progress through the stage, like an old school platformer. Watch for your chance to parry counter and slam your enemies with an iron fist!

VR Mission #21: Dwarf Gekko Training. This whole stage is one long, dark path.

Your VR mission: control the dwarf gekko and incapacitate all enemy cyborgs without getting caught.

DLC2: Samís Story! (holy shit holy shit holy shit!)

Here are a few shots of Risingís second DLC, a side story about Sam. Thereís not so much I can say for now, but just know that playing as Sam will pack a different punch than when playing with Raiden.

DLC3: LQ-84iís story! (holy shit holy shit)

Weíre currently right in the middle of making this one. Stay tuned!

The characters you get to play as in these side stories offer a different experience to what you get when playing as Raiden, and allow you to see a little further into the world of Metal Gear Rising. Hope youíll check them out.

Brazilian cyborg samurai. Yup.

Pwnd
    Man, what's the date for this shit? I've been sitting on that $10 "We're sorry for ditching backwards compatibility" money from Sony. Stop teasing, Platinum.

DLC 1 doesn't interest me much. I guess it sounds unique, but I don't really like the VR missions very much. Sounds like those particular missions might be a bit of a pain too.

The second and third sound amazing though. Sam is one of the coolest characters in the game in terms of design and concept, and playing as him would be brilliant. Capoeira-kenjutsu, bitch! The third one sounds interesting too. It'll be cool to see how they make Wolf controllable. Also I'm guessing that's the DLC that features the Solid Snake-possessed wooden sword. Even if it's not, Wolf is a pretty interesting character and I'd like to see him explored more.

Pwnd
    Some more unique weapons would be cool. I only find the sai to be really useful. Sundowner's sword is too slow for my liking, and the polearm is...eh. I like it for crowds, but the stun on the sai is too handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrustle View Post
    DLC 1 doesn't interest me much. I guess it sounds unique, but I don't really like the VR missions very much. Sounds like those particular missions might be a bit of a pain too.

The second and third sound amazing though. Sam is one of the coolest characters in the game in terms of design and concept, and playing as him would be brilliant. Capoeira-kenjutsu, bitch! The third one sounds interesting too. It'll be cool to see how they make Wolf controllable. Also I'm guessing that's the DLC that features the Solid Snake-possessed wooden sword. Even if it's not, Wolf is a pretty interesting character and I'd like to see him explored more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    Some more unique weapons would be cool. I only find the sai to be really useful. Sundowner's sword is too slow for my liking, and the polearm is...eh. I like it for crowds, but the stun on the sai is too handy.
    The whole game is pretty light on content, but some really good (and really cheap) DLC would make it better. Sam needs to be a lot different than Raiden. I was pretty let down by how samey all the replacement primary weapons are.

Pwnd
    It doesn't help that the move lists are pretty shallow too. I don't regret my $60, as the game is still a lot of fun, but the mere year and a half of development really shows. Platinum even said it themselves that they wish they had more time on it. It's a good, commendable effort, but there's not one aspect that couldn't have been fleshed out more, or one that isn't done better by one of its contemporaries. Still, most developers would have faltered when given such a short time frame to make this kind of a project.

I really hope they don't ditch the parry system though, or make it easier. That is the one thing that doesn't need to be fucked with, in my opinion.

It's got a good core with the feel of the attacks and the parry system and I don't want them to change that, but yeah. I could go on at length about how just about everything isn't as good as it could be. There's a lot of little shit that could have easily been done differently in the same amount of time.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    The main thing I want is a real-time weapon swap. Though I have a feeling Revengeance 2 will be a huge upgrade over this game, assuming Platinum gets a full dev cycle with it. There's little things here and there but I still think it's one of the best games in its genre we've seen in a while. Overall I haven't had this much fun with a game in a long time.