Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid: Rising

[Level 5: Mech]
    I love that final boss theme has nothing to do with him, it actually tells a story. Good shit.

The story could also use a slower pace and some editing of the dialogue -- a few of the lines that are uttered are outright cringeworthy.
    Is this your first Metal Gear game?

Pwnd
    Nope. I just come from the days of Snatcher and Metal Gear Solid 1, where the people who were translating Kojima's games didn't suck ass and his fans didn't lap up the subsequent shoddy work or make excuses for it. You know, the Jeremy Blaustein days.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    Psh, Scott Dolph was the best llocalizer Kojima ever had. The Bill Trinen of Konami.

- - - Updated - - -

Psh, Scott Dolph was the best llocalizer Kojima ever had. The Bill Trinen of Konami.

Pwnd
    What did Dolph ever translate besides a DDR game? Ain't he just Kojima's body guard and translator for when he needs to speak to gaijins? Agness Kaku did MGS2, and I believe that 3 and 4 were localized in-house if I'm not mistaken. Blaustein did Snatcher (someone else was involved with him on that one), MGS1, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Silent Hill 4, and Suikoden 2. Shit, Blaustein wins the argument based on Silent Hill 2 alone, where he did the translation, motion capturing, and VO direction.

Yes, we are debating the proficiency of translators right now. Shit just got real.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I didn't really notice anything cringe worthy that wasn't your typical Metal Gear stuff. This game isn't even remotely close to DmC levels of bad dialogue.

Or Devil May Cry.

Pwnd
    As bad as MGS4 is, I have a hard time seeing Kojima writing down the words, "Well here's what happens when you bring a tool to a sword fight!"

Awful, even by Metal Gear standards. I still have ear bleeds after listening to that corny shit. It severely traumatized me and my doll. Thankfully, you can skip through all of that shit.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I found that line, and the rest of the game, to be pretty smile inducing. Infinitely more enjoyable than the soulless, insanely drawn out exposition of every single conversation in MGS4. There was more than dialog that was wrong with MGS4, so I'm relieved Kojima wasn't the writer for this one.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Some dude on NeoGAF is saying the final boss is bullshit because the part where you blade mode the rocks shouldn't do so much damage or be so hard.

Pwnd
    Someone needs to inform that gentleman that there is an easy mode. Perhaps he should swallow his pride and step on down to something more on his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    I found that line, and the rest of the game, to be pretty smile inducing. Infinitely more enjoyable than the soulless, insanely drawn out exposition of every single conversation in MGS4. There was more than dialog that was wrong with MGS4, so I'm relieved Kojima wasn't the writer for this one.
    I think that half of the lines that I had a problem with had to do with the voice actor's delivery of them. Sundowner comes to mind as a particular noteworthy example. Some of the shit he said was irritating, but it was more because of his delivery than the lines themselves. If his tone was more like the one in the Japanese audio, which was sort of a more somber tone, I think that I would have appreciated them more.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Tru dat. On a positive note, I was pleasantly surprised to see Phil Lamar had returned as the voice of as Kevin.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    He had to meet his "In everything ever" quota

- - - Updated - - -

He had to meet his "In everything ever" quota

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    As bad as MGS4 is, I have a hard time seeing Kojima writing down the words, "Well here's what happens when you bring a tool to a sword fight!".
    You're right, previous MG games have lines much worse than this.

Stop bitching so much, its as over the top and ridiculous as any other Metal Gear, outside of the horrible camera, 90% of your complaints are whiny nitpicking.

Pwnd

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
    You're right, previous MG games have lines much worse than this.
    Stop bitching so much, its as over the top and ridiculous as any other Metal Gear, outside of the horrible camera, 90% of your complaints are whiny nitpicking.
    Who are you again?

"OH REV, DON'T YOU TALK BAD ABOUT MY GAMES! DIS IS DA PERFECT ONE, HOW DARE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION. LET'S GO RIGHT NOW, INTERNET FIGHT. YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH BAD MOUFIN MY VIDYA."

If you like the taste of dog food, then that's your prerogative. But if you came in here expecting me to chow down with you, you're obviously very sorely and butthurtedly mistaken. Looks like you're just going to have to deal with my jaded, high-maintenance ass. Better raise your standards and get on my level, cause I definitely ain't dropping down your gutter-feeder status.

Who am I kidding though? These game companies could pile dog shit down your throat and you'd still lap it up. Looks like we're just going to have to agree that you suck.

Pwnd
    That's right lady! Our boy Rev is internet famous! Don't you know what that means?!?!?!

Pwnd
    And you wonder why your brother didn't want to hang around.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Revuhlooshun View Post
    And you wonder why your brother didn't want to hang around.
    Quoted so everyone can see you for what you really are. By the way everyone, Ryan is referring to my brother's suicide. Please continue.

Pwnd
    Yeup. You want to follow me around and flame me? Here's what you dish out, especially after your little jab about the depression thread a while back. Don't like it? Don't dish it out. Every time you do dish it out, you know what to expect now.

Pwnd
    "Guys, Shane made a joke about my tendency to flip out online. Better make fun of his dead family"

Seriously. You're everything that's wrong with this place. Report sent to the mods. You're their problem now.