Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Pwnd
    The last couple of Platinum games have had English, Japanese, French, Spanish, and some other tracks for languages that no one speaks.

This must be Kojima's fault.

Pwnd
    If Kojima and Suda 51 had a baby, that baby would be the moon.

And this would make just as much sense as their previous work.

Pwnd
    So, uh...

Is anyone having a really really really really really easy time playing this game on NG+? I have Sam's Sword fully upgraded, and whenever shit gets real, I just Ninja Run with Ripper Mode on and decapitate anything remotely near me. I don't even aim or lock on or anything. I just do donuts with Ripper Mode on, and it takes down almost anything.

Don't get me started on how pathetic bosses have become. I'm replaying on Hard, for reference. Maybe this shit puts up more of a fight on Very Hard.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I played the first time through on Hard. Even without any upgrade and unlocks it was pretty simple; I think I died once in battle before mission 03. Very Hard is a kick to my ass. Evidently Revengeance mode is substantially harder than that.

Also, VR 18.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    With new game plus the jump from Normal to Hard mode isn't that rough. But the jump from Hard to Very Hard is pretty eye opening, in a good way if you ask me.

Oh, I just beat Revengeance mode btw. It's crazy hard and all of the end bosses attacks can one hit kill you if you don't have nanopaste. Don't feel ashamed if you have to use cheap tactics at all on that mode.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Best action since NGB.

Camera is atrocious and inexcusably bad, I fucking hate it and costs me tons of cheap hits.

Only real complaint, but its a big one, I wanna get hit via sucking, not because I get pounced by offscreen shit.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    I'm liking Revengence quite a bit, despite the frustrations that I've been having with the game.

I've also began a bit of an experiment with the Metal Gear universe. I'm introducing some people that haven't played any games in the universe to MGR:R, then seeing how they like the other games. Doesn't seem like it will have a good success rate, but hey, science.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
    Best action since NGB.

Camera is atrocious and inexcusably bad, I fucking hate it and costs me tons of cheap hits.

Only real complaint, but its a big one, I wanna get hit via sucking, not because I get pounced by offscreen shit.
    Honestly I think MGR's camera issues are about par for the course for most other action games.

Pwnd
    The lock-on helps. It could be better though. I'm surprised by how good the game is despite only having a year and a half of rushed development. There are some technical issues and the camera can get wonky, but it's still an impressive game.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how solid this game is considering the whole year and a half thing.

I'm impressed at how well they've managed to combine the simpler brawler style of leaping across a room like Batman with a technical style of gameplay, complete with depth of blade canceling. I am really digging the contextual animations of Raiden rolling, leaping, dashing, and slicing in wide arcs simply because of the relative position of enemies to you.

I feel silly.

I didn't realize until Revengeance mode that you can just avoid Armstrong the entire time during stage 2 of the boss fight and have it continue to part 3. Oh, by the way, I don't think I've said it before. Armstrong is fantastic.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] LukasRocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
    I feel silly.

I didn't realize until Revengeance mode that you can just avoid Armstrong the entire time during stage 2 of the boss fight and have it continue to part 3. Oh, by the way, I don't think I've said it before. Armstrong is fantastic.
    Nanomachines Son!
    One of my favorite MG bosses in a long time.

On a side note, does anyone else think that the CQC fighting style you use in that fight should be an unlockable?

Dammit, its not?

Quote Originally Posted by LukasRocks View Post
    Nanomachines Son!
    One of my favorite MG bosses in a long time.

On a side note, does anyone else think that the CQC fighting style you use in that fight should be an unlockable?
    He's one of my favorite bosses in general, to be honest. I'm not putting him on Vergil or Liquid Ocelot-tier but he was super damn fun to fight. And yeah I was kind of surprised the CQC style wasn't some kind of unlockable. (Maybe it is, we just dont know it yet).

I'm glad they included that though. What would a Metal Gear game be w/out a fisticuffs fight atop a Metal Gear.

In my slightly comical mind I thought of one way to describe MGR

You start the game by slicing a Metal Gear in two, then proceed to fight bosses who are Lady Doctor Octopus, a sentient bunch of sliced hams, the biggest pair of scissors ever, and end the game by suplexing the metal spider from Wild Wild West & beating the shit out of Mike Haggar. VIDEO GAMES, SON!

The last four boss fights were all great.

A next gen sequel for this game needs to happen. More options in which path/style to take, and larger areas, plus make weapon and side-arm switching seamless, and more interactivity/permanence in fucking environmental and enemy shit up (1 million simultaneous object tracking according to PS4's announcement), and more bosses. It would be the game of forever.

Pwnd
    I'd settle for shadows that didn't look like they came off a Super Nintendo. It'd also be nice if the game didn't drop to 10 FPS during blade mode every now and then.

Yeah, I mostly get framerate dips when I go nuts slicing a Gekko apart.

Apparently the 360 version doesn't get the same framerate dips as the PS3 one? If they'd port MGR over to PC I'd buy the shit out of that.

I'm playing on 360 and I've noticed almost no frame drop. There's probably only been like 2 or 3 times where it's been bad enough for me to notice, and it's been when I've been slicing things up way more than I should have. The drop has never been to a disastrous level either.

That said, I've been slicing things up in to over 200, even 300 parts without much trouble on several occasions. I think there might be more to it than simply the number or objects things get separated in to.

It's weird that there are more problems on the PS3 version, if that's true. Platinum said that they developed the game primarily for the PS3 because they didn't want to repeat the same problems they had with Bayonetta.