Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid: Rising

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I had to restart the demo my first time playing it because I accidentally destroyed the stairs to the pier and got stuck on the beach.

You can Ninja Run up a section of the wall directly in front of the door of the building which you go through. You don't need the stairs.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Yeah, just holding the run button allows you to auto-vault obstacles (where allowed).

I just watched a few cutscenes of Grey Fox from Twin Snakes (the only good thing to come from the remake), and I really hope we can tear through some hallways against very defenseless soldiers while donning stealth camo.

[Level 3: Humanoid] The-TrickyAcid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    I had to restart the demo my first time playing it because I accidentally destroyed the stairs to the pier and got stuck on the beach.

I did the same while I was playing the demo, I cut the stairs at the beginning of the demo, and I can't double jump so I was like...Ffffffuuu. However randomly I decided to cut through the bridge and it ending up making a platform for me to get up and cross. This was totally unintentional so it was the highlight of the demo for me to be honest. Can play with the physics a bit.

I recording a let's play video for the demo, check this out I copied the link of the video at the time close to the point where i make a new platform to jump on top off. (Hopefully it works, if not you can just skip forward 6:30).

Thank you, Konami, for making it easy to decide which version of this game to pre-order. Can't wait for them VR missions. Also, the Japanese audio sounds way better than the gaijin one.

Dude, that video's thumbnail shows new Dante getting cut in two. Where is that in the video!?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    Dude, that video's thumbnail shows new Dante getting cut in two. Where is that in the video!?
    Just watched the whole thing and that doesn't happen anywhere in it.

I like to think Kojima did it just to be funny.

Son of a bitch!!!

Pwnd
    Dude, Kojima has an outrageous sense of humor though. I like what he does with social media. It's weird really. I've read about him pulling some pretty crazy online pranks, yet Google isn't returning any relevant search results.

cue dramatic music

Just kidding.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/12/onl...ish-alter-ego/

So now that I've played both versions of the demo, I'm thinking about switching my preorder to 360. The cutting doesn't seem to go askew so much on the 360 stick. Also, the triggers feel better. There was a tad bit of slowdown, though...

I guess I have two weeks to figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

So now that I've played both versions of the demo, I'm thinking about switching my preorder to 360. The cutting doesn't seem to go askew so much on the 360 stick. Also, the triggers feel better. There was a tad bit of slowdown, though...

I guess I have two weeks to figure it out.

There's exclusive VR Missions for the PS3 if DLC is your jam. Don't know if they're free or they're just exclusively for sale on PS3.

Unless you live in Europe. In that case, you get the Grey Fox skin within every game and the VR Missions accessible regardless of console.

The 360 version also doesn't have v-sync enabled, so if you're bothered by screen-tearing, that is an issue.

I'm just getting the PS3 version because all of my other Metal Gears are for Playstation. I like consistency.

I don't see metal gear in this. I see a Platinum game.

And that is enough for me.

Good news - it was the right stick of my controller being wonky

Bad news - I have to take apart my controller to fix it

Puting a dualshock back together is very trying on one's patience.

Still responds to BLOO
    when does this game come out.

Also that tumbnail was added by the youtuber who uploaded the video. And that red headed girl looks kinda like the forced female companion in DMC2

Holy shit. This game just got a slew of trailers this week. There's another boss video, this time showing even more tactics on how to get past their defenses, and a skills video, showing a lot of the unlockable combat moves in action. I had to close them asap to avoid spoiling even more of the game. I also saw a TV commercial on AMC during the Walking Dead mid-season premier.

The game comes out in 8 days.

[Level 6: Robot]
    GamesTM are apparently giving this a 9/10, and saying it's better than MGS4. Not that I think MGS4 was any good, or care what GamesTM thinks, but MGS4's reception was mostly very positive so it's pretty big if you ask me.

Comparing this to MGS4 in anything but plot makes no sense at all.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Probably true. I don't even know if you could compare the plots to be honest, they seem so different when you consider that the supposed original purpose of MGS4 was to end the series, or at the very least end a chapter of it. Rising and MGS4 appear to share a vague setting, a few characters, and not much else. I do think the comparing is going to be inevitable among the more hardcore MGS fans though, especially the minority who end up being disappointed because Rising is an action game.