Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 3

Titles are for jerks.

Gears of War 3

http://kotaku.com/5558744/new-gears-...ith-their-feet

I, for one, am excited about this game. I loved Gears 1, the single player and multi-player were phenomenal, and I still play the multi-player today. Gears 2 single-player was fun, and I enjoyed it, but the multi-player was completely revamped and I didn't take too kindly to it. I'm hoping that with this next installment, they go back to the way the multi-player was in the first game, of course adding adjustments here and there making for an even better experience.

And as you can see, a couple of those screen shots are in-game, and it's looking amazing so far.

Still responds to BLOO
    Geras 2 multiplayer is horrible.

I'll rent GoW3 to finish the story, if the multi is good I'll prolly buy it then.

Titles are for jerks.
    Yeah, Gears 2 multi-player is pretty horrendous, the shotty is dumbed down, and the lancer is brutal and it's fucking annoying.

And wtf is with the smoke knocking you down?

Lame.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Yeah, Gears 2 multi-player is pretty horrendous, the shotty is dumbed down, and the lancer is brutal and it's fucking annoying.

And wtf is with the smoke knocking you down?

Lame.
    Someone hasn't played it recently.

They patched all the things you just mentioned. Shotty is back to god-like, smoke doesn't knock you down, but the lancer is pretty much unchanged, but when you factor in how strong the shotty is again, only noobs use it for the chainsaw.

I still play private matches with friends, and we love the shit out of it. I can't wait for 3.

Titles are for jerks.
    Eh, I'll stick with GoW1 for now, I love that shit.

That's not a knife...
    Hey guys. I liked GoW 2 multiplayer more.

Do any of the GoW3 multiplayer characters have hats?

Titles are for jerks.
    So how many of you loved the beta?

I'm so stoked to get Geras 3, the beta reaffirmed my faith in multiplayer.

That's not a knife...
    heh, I thought this was a new thread and I was thinking of posting what I had already posted and then I saw it.

I dug the beta. I never was too into Gears 1 or 2's multiplayers but I was having fun so am looking forward to hopping into it once the full game launches. I've always dug the campaigns though, and the four player co-op has me happy.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Really hoping some of my friends get this game so I can play the co-op campaign. I don't want to buy it because I know I wont play it again after I beat it a couple times.

That's not a knife...
    Wouldn't mind getting this game. Shame I never got a chance to play the beta.

Honkey Kong
    Gears 3 beta eased my concerns for this game(I was a bit weary after the dreadful mutliplayer in Gears 2) by being awesome. But, I'm still going to be on the lookout for any changes they make from beta to retail, as that could make or break the game. Until then, more Gears(1) and Beers on Fridays.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Beta was amazing. I loved it. Pretty much everything I hated about 2 was fixed. I love that the ranged weapons are actually useful. I am in withdrawal and can't wait for this to come out!

Bringer of Truth
    I too had my fears alleviated by the Beta. The variety of starting weapons really helped things out, and with some changes to those maps (which they've said they're going to do, partially for balance reasons and partially just so they're different for those of us who played the Beta) I think this is going to be the strongest one yet.

Four player Campaign should be pretty awesome too.

This? This right here? This is why I don't venture into the forums. Mr Andy Dixon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Four player Campaign should be pretty awesome too.
    This is mostly what I'm interested in. I enjoyed the multiplayer in the beta a ton, but I'm pretty bad, so I can't see myself devoting much time to it. For me, Gears is about the co-op and Horde, and I can't wait to try out the new versions of each.

Bringer of Truth
    I might be getting it for review so I don't even have to buy it, but totally looking forward to it.

Titles are for jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spectre View Post
    Really hoping some of my friends get this game so I can play the co-op campaign. I don't want to buy it because I know I wont play it again after I beat it a couple times.
    I'll definitely be getting the game and I'm down to play some Co-op, that's the one thing I enjoyed about Gears 2, the co-op was hella fun.

Quote Originally Posted by VenatioDecorus View Post
    Beta was amazing. I loved it. Pretty much everything I hated about 2 was fixed. I love that the ranged weapons are actually useful. I am in withdrawal and can't wait for this to come out!
    Thissss.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]
    After getting more involved with the story by reading the first book by Karen Traviss, I am more excited about this game then I would normally be. I have the summer to get through the other 2 books out, plus in August, a brand new book which leads into the Gears 3 storyline comes out. The books allow me to connect with the characters in the game on completely different level.

I dunno, the worm in 2 was a tad silly but I am looking forward to 3! Not really a bromance lover but gotta love all that 'saving the future of humanity' shit! : D

[Level 3: Humanoid]

I have loved Gears of War since the series started for several reasons; The Story, Art Style, Game play, and the Multiplayer. Although the multiplayer in the second game wasn't much better than the first and they removed some questionable features which they latter re-added (drop in, drop out matches) it at least showed Epics ability to tinker with their games in order to try to make things better for the fans. Especially since some games never get an update or fix even mere weeks after release, let alone years.

The beta for Gears of War three re-affirmed my belief that these people are really out to make a quality title that people will truly love for both it's multiplayer and single player components. The multiplayer was smooth, the lag was negligible if non-existent, and everything just worked. The only thing that I would change is the same thing that I would change in most other games, reduce the power of the shotgun. Other than that, it was perfect.