Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bargain Bin!

The Bargain Bin!

Finally, a thread for any and all awesome gaming deals and bargains that you want to share with the community. Now when you find an awesome deal on Amazon (or elsewhere) that is just too good to keep to yourself you have a proper place to post it.

Use this thread to tell us about sweet deals that are too good to pass up on, available through legitimate distribution channels. (Easy rule of thumb on what counts as legitimate: Amazon, Steam, Xbox Live, ect.) Please include the dates the deal is going on so that people know if they've missed it or not.

Ah, but with such great power comes some responsibility. Here's a quick list of what this thread is NOT for:

1. Shilling your wares. Don't try to sell your iPhone App or Xbox Live Indie game here. In fact if you're here just to sell your game you''re better off making an intro in the Meet and Greet and talking about it there. Any referral links will be deleted and could potentially get you banned if we feel you are a spammer.

2. Passing along info on where to acquire illegal content. Simply put we don't allow any talk of Torrents, Warez, Hacking Files, Cracks, Pirated Software, CD keys, or any other "shady" merchandise.

3. Selling off your collection. We're not Ebay. We have a trading section where you can trade games, but there is no game selling permitted in the forums.

4. Any practice that violates the intention of the thread. Yeah this one is a bit vague, but this is a new idea and therefore if Mxy or I decide something isn't working or is disrupting the spirit of the thread (helping others get good deals on cheap games) then I'll add it in later. I want this to be a great resource for folks like myself who have a small budget for gaming, not a spammy link fest of crappy deals on things nobody wants.

Make sure the bargains you share are relevant and above all something people wouldn't want to miss.
    Example: $5 off a $60 game, eh. 50% off a $60 game, hell yes!

Alright, I think you get the idea, let's see how this goes.
    Last edited by Zodiac Eclipse; 06-03-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Include dates.

Bringer of Truth
    I like this idea, and am kinda surprised it doesn't exist already.

Does anybody still use "Warez"? Didn't those die in like 98? Just saying, 'Torrents' is the hot buzzword now.

I've never claimed to be hip or with it.

Hold on, I'll add it in just for you.

4. 06-01-2010, 11:28 PM
    Reason
    k

Okay and already I've lost you. This is for specific game deals, not ZOMG look at this other site that has junk.

Read the guideline at the top, particularly this bit "not a spammy link fest of crappy deals on things nobody wants" and try again.

Bringer of Truth
    Basically it's for posting when stuff like the "Humble Indie Bundle" happens, or when Amazon has Mad World for $6 and doesn't really tell anybody.

Shipping Master
    Sorry. But here's this -
    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...ameStopBase%29
    3D Dot Game Heroes is 30 dollars and comes with a 10 dollar coupon on Gamestop. So it's essentially 50% off if you're ever going to order anything from Gamestop again.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    Basically it's for posting when stuff like the "Humble Indie Bundle" happens, or when Amazon has Mad World for $6 and doesn't really tell anybody.
    Yes, this exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tray Ben View Post
    Sorry. But here's this -
    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...ameStopBase%29
    3D Dot Game Heroes is 30 dollars and comes with a 10 dollar coupon on Gamestop. So it's essentially 50% off if you're ever going to order anything from Gamestop again.
    Better.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    This takes me back to when Aaron Linde did Bargin Bin Laden on the dtoid front page years ago. Good times.

Shipping Master
    If you don't read the front page, Bioshock 2 is up for the cheap on Amazon today. It's 30 bucks for consoles and 26 for PC.

http://www.amazon.com/Bioshock-2-Xbo...5493557&sr=8-3

[Level 3: Humanoid] talkingabout's Avatar

PS3 250 GB Father's Day Bundle

What do you think of this PS3 250 GB Father's Day Bundle?

The PS3 will finally include a HDMI cable along with LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition. It will also include a Netflix-Ready disc for the PS3.
    Last edited by talkingabout; 08-28-2013 at 01:33 AM.

THE MR.E BIRD
    A thread of it's own, deserve, this does not.

I think someone will be intereted in this new bundle.
    New PS3 Being Bundled with HDMI Cable.

THE MR.E BIRD
    If people are looking to get a PS3 they will find this stuff themselves.

There is a thread for bargains.

A great list for Hot game deals at amazon and gamestop
    Linky

These deals are awesome!!!

THE MR.E BIRD
    A disturbing amount of your posts are just links to amazon items.

Tarvu speaks the truth, so I'm moving this to the Bargain bin and I'll thank you to direct your future posts there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    A disturbing amount of your posts are just links to amazon items.

Yeah he's pretty much a spammer.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Welp, I got Saints Row 2 and Brutal Legend for $15 each, and new, at my local closing GameCrazy. I forgot how much fun they both are.

Ray of Sunshine
    @Zodiac, you might want to have people add in when the deal is good for. I don't know about other sites, but for Amazon, a lot of their deals are only for that particular day, or for a couple of hours on the Lightning Box deals. That way, people know if a deal is still good and won't complain about problems if they see that it's not working for them. Thanks for making it a sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by Changston View Post
    @Zodiac, you might want to have people add in when the deal is good for. I don't know about other sites, but for Amazon, a lot of their deals are only for that particular day, or for a couple of hours on the Lightning Box deals. That way, people know if a deal is still good and won't complain about problems if they see that it's not working for them. Thanks for making it a sticky!

That's a good idea. Everyone do this!

I'll add it to the original post as well, even though after this hits 2 pages nobody will ever read it.