Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Horror Thread

made this happen
    So yeah, I'm buying the shit out of Limbo when it comes out. I've been staring at it for a while, but Jim's article pretty much confirmed it.

Plus Jim used Portishead in the review video. Now that's all I hear when I see Limbo, so I kind of need to have it.

made this happen
    So this is just an idea at the moment until I can acquire the necessary equipments:

Would anyone be interested in a horror-themed podcast? I know, yet another podcast. But in my defense I've been planning on doing a horror podcast for about a year. It could be Destructoid-based or on its own, but I'm not a fan of having to pay two monthly fees (Podcast company and a website) unless we went through Tumblr or something. We would talk about everything having to do with horror: Movies, games, books, news on those subjects, not Twilight, stuff like that. It would be a hang-out podcast, but it would still need to be organized. Because organization is good things.

I'd just like to know if that's something people would like to listen to. And maybe become a co-host of (probably 2-4 people, other than myself). I won't be able to start it soon, cause I can't record at the moment (fuck USB headsets). But it could happen in due time (if people cared enough).

made this happen
    Sadness. Alright, I'll look elsewhere then. Or maybe I can start something up when that movie site launches...

As I said in your blog, I'd be all for making this happen - pending monetary situations. At least brainstorming for it would be fun enough.

Frodo Bangins

Horror Media Appreciation Thread

In my short time here I've noticed a few horror fans, I didn't see a horror thread so I figured it may be a fun idea.

Feel free to Recommend good horror flicks to watch. comics and books to read. Share news and trailers on upcoming horror films that may be interesting.

Still responds to BLOO
    I like this thread. Don't let my light-hearted respone make you think I'm either trolling or showing disdain for you as an individual:

Did Anyone get scared from reading Goosebumps books? As a Kid, of course.

The one were Slappy was fighting for his life for a change kinda got to me.

Frodo Bangins
    I loved those books, attack of the mutant was probably the best version of phantom of the opera ever (At least that's what I remember it being about)

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Goosbumps never scared me :/

Stephen Kings the Stand movie freaked the shit out of me though, I think I was 12 when I watched it as I could NOT go to sleep.

I really appreciated Decent as a horror movie as well.
    I am claustrophobic and some scenes just really got to me, that and it wasn't some big flashy over the top horror.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Actually, for a horror game fanatic and one who writes about horror games a lot...

I couldn't actually give a toss about horror. Ha!

I'm merging the new thread with the existing one. Carry on.

Frodo Bangins
    Thanks Ali didn't see this one.
    Has anybody seen rubber yet? I think it just came out on demand, wondering if it's worth watching.

Also I only remember being scared by the choose your own adventure Goosebump books.

Horror Media made me think of Horror Trailers made by Media Students... O_o
    So I'm gonna post one.

Some our hilariously bad - some are quite good.
    So here's one I thought was pretty creepy.

Turn the volume up. =)

Quote Originally Posted by z0mbie5 View Post
    Thanks Ali didn't see this one.
    Has anybody seen rubber yet? I think it just came out on demand, wondering if it's worth watching.

Also I only remember being scared by the choose your own adventure Goosebump books.
    That's cool, it was a few pages back but I remembered it from earlier this year. I missed out on seeing Rubber at the Glasgow Film Festival this year. Most of the horror flicks sold out right at the start of the fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    The greatest thing about the slasher genre is the complete interchangeability of the archetypes that exist in it; and Rubber looks like it'll go to prove that; I really need to see it.

On a side note, I finally saw The Evil Dead a month or so back. I don't have a whole lot to say about it, other than the fact that I loved pretty much everything about it. I really loved those POV shots at the beginning and end of the movie as well, displays a lot of the talent that I haven't seen in Sam Rami since Spider-Man 2. I'll be making a note of seeing the sequels, along with Drag Me to Hell.
    Finally saw?!

Evil Dead 2 is a whole less scary and less reliant on those long pauses of silence, but ultimately, it's the better movie. Army of Darkness is a bit marmite. You either get it for the Bruce Campbell appeal and broad comedy or you don't.

Totally fine with skeezers
    I liked the first better, but I appreciated 2 for what it was. It's almost like he said, "You know what? Fuck trying to make a scary movie again, I'm gonna make 2 just goofy and awesome." and he did. It's more of a Cabin Fever-ish kind of movie.

what the hell is marmite?

Marmite...... urgh, it's scarier than anything on your world.

Totally fine with skeezers

Oh. I get it.

Frodo Bangins
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    On a side note, I finally saw The Evil Dead a month or so back. I don't have a whole lot to say about it, other than the fact that I loved pretty much everything about it. I really loved those POV shots at the beginning and end of the movie as well, displays a lot of the talent that I haven't seen in Sam Rami since Spider-Man 2. I'll be making a note of seeing the sequels, along with Drag Me to Hell.
    If you read Bruce Campbells book "If Chins Could Kill" there's a lot of cool stuff about shooting that movie. Drag me to hell was one of those movies that I was just smiling through the entire way, It brought it right back to what I loved about early Raimi, Tapert flicks.

EDIT: On a completely different note, Here's the First official teaser for a movie that my roommates made and I helped out on. It is being released by Troma soon

The last cut I saw was looking pretty good. Hope you enjoy it.

Fifth Dimensional Admin
    If you read Bruce Campbells book "If Chins Could Kill" there's a lot of cool stuff about shooting that movie. Drag me to hell was one of those movies that I was just smiling through the entire way, It brought it right back to what I loved about early Raimi, Tapert flicks.

EDIT: On a completely different note, Here's the First official teaser for a movie that my roommates made and I helped out on. It is being released by Troma soon

The last cut I saw was looking pretty good. Hope you enjoy it.
    Wow, nice! Tell your roommates congrats! God bless Lloyd Kaufman.

Personal plug, my roommates and I watched the original and remake of I Spit On Your Grave the other day, and this podcast happened where we talk about rape a lot.

I love that book. I've got it in hardback, which is annoying because he added a whole section on Spiderman in later editions. The diagram of how you make a failing TV show "better" was pretty funny. It was a great read and actually learn a hell of a lot behind the scenes.

I'll actually keep an eye out for Mr. Bricks. I'm guessing because it's a musical, it's a comedy of sorts?