Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dtoid Texas

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninZero View Post
    I think McChicken was talking about Cut-and-Shoot, Texas, coon.

I'm go to A&M, so I'll be in Cstat in August.
    ...Oh. I thought he meant Cut and Shoot as an alternate way of referencing college station (C & S, CS). I have no idea where Cut and Shoot is, so feel free to talk shit about it. Sorry McChiken.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    Haha, it's hard to believe, but there is a place. West of Conroe I think.

So what would be the type of things to do at a NARP? Just a lot of gaming and drinks? Never have done one, or at least with acquaintances via a bad ass site.

So how was SGC?

Naoto #1 Fan
    I'll probably be in Austin next weekend, so if any of you are willing to stand kidnapping charges, we could hang out.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by coonskin05 View Post
    So how was SGC?
    Really shitty, apparently. Watching Executive Koala and playing You're in the Movies Now over at Port's house was fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Hitcher View Post
    I'll probably be in Austin next weekend, so if any of you are willing to stand kidnapping charges, we could hang out.
    Weekend of the 24th?

Naoto #1 Fan
    Yeah.

But I'm going with my family, so I really doubt we could do anything.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Hey y'all - I wanted to get everybody in the loop on some changes and plans for the Dtoid Austin group, as we've got some exciting stuff in the works!

1. Quick point of order - I am not Blehman! And honestly, who is? No-one can grow the gorgeous flowing locks that man can, but perhaps if I eat some of it I will absorb his power. This is Sean Carey, and while our favorite mad-man will still be involved in planning (and partying), I'll be taking over the Dtoid Austin group so that Mike has more time to grind in Dragon Quest IX and troll me.

So, if you have questions, comments, concerns, or are looking to pimp a local event or get together - let me know! You can:

-PM me here on Dtoid
    -Find me on XBL, PSN, or Steam (my handle for all 3 is walkyourpath)
    -Shoot me an email (sean@destructoid.com)
    -Join our google group (send me your gmail address for an invite)
    -Follow/DM me on Twitter! (@walk_your_path)

2. We want to kickstart the Dtoid Austin NARPing with a bang in the capital, so it's time to start clearing your calendars! The next official Dtoid Austin NARP is now set for the weekend of Fri., Aug. 20 - Sun., Aug. 22nd, and I'm starting to squeeeeeeeeee about how it's all starting to come together.

This is open to all Dtoiders who are able to make it out, so those of you who are from outside the Republic of Texas are more than welcome to cross the international boundary into the Lone Star State and party
    down with us.

We've got a few house parties in the works, a potential retro-gaming tournament at a local indie game store with prizes, and I'll be giving away a little E3 swag while we're at it!

3. Here's what we need you to do!

- Comment on the google group/cblog to let us know if you can make it out for some or all of the weekend so that we can plan the events accordingly

- Hype this up so that we get as many folks there as we can

- Join and keep your eyes on the google group for more details, and pow-wows for carpooling/hotel/couchsurfing type discussions

This is gonna be slicker and tighter than Rick Perry's hair - let's do this thing!

Hey y'all - I wanted to get everybody in the loop on some changes and plans for the Dtoid Austin group, as we've got some exciting stuff in the works!

1. Quick point of order - I am not Blehman! And honestly, who is? No-one can grow the gorgeous flowing locks that man can, but perhaps if I eat some of it I will absorb his power. This is Sean Carey, and while our favorite mad-man will still be involved in planning (and partying), I'll be taking over the Dtoid Austin group so that Mike has more time to grind in Dragon Quest IX and troll me.

So, if you have questions, comments, concerns, or are looking to pimp a local event or get together - let me know! You can:

-PM me here on Dtoid

2. We want to kickstart the Dtoid Austin NARPing with a bang in the capital, so it's time to start clearing your calendars! The next official Dtoid Austin NARP is now set for the weekend of Fri., Aug. 20 - Sun., Aug. 22nd, and I'm starting to squeeeeeeeeee about how it's all starting to come together.

This is open to all Dtoiders who are able to make it out, so those of you who are from outside the Republic of Texas are more than welcome to cross the international boundary into the Lone Star State and party
    down with us.

We've got a few house parties in the works, a potential retro-gaming tournament at a local indie game store with prizes, and I'll be giving away a little E3 swag while we're at it!

- Comment on the google group/cblog to let us know if you can make it out for some or all of the weekend so that we can plan the events accordingly

- Join and keep your eyes on the google group for more details, and pow-wows for carpooling/hotel/couchsurfing type discussions

This is gonna be slicker and tighter than Rick Perry's hair - let's do this thing!

-PM me here on Dtoid

down with us.

-PM me here on Dtoid

down with us.

Mike Hagar is a dick.

Mike Hagar is a dick.
    True story.

More NARP details - single posted this time!

Hey y'all!

Here's a few more details about the upcoming TX NARP to help you make your plans :

Friday, Aug. 20th --

8:00 to ?????

Gathering @ Sean Carey's place for those coming into town early (or already here!) on Friday night. Drinks (leaded and unleaded), snacks, games, and shenanigans will be had!

Sat, Aug. 21st --

Afternoon

Possible trip to Alamo Drafthouse for movie/lunch as a crew to avoid the Texas heat indoors at a bad-ass theater with great food served to you while you watch!

6:00 to 9:00 PM

Retro game tournament for Dtoiders ONLY at Game Over Videogames! Right now it's looking like either a Goldeneye or Mario Kart 64 tourney (possibly both).

Big Money - Big Prizes - I LIKE IT!

Okay, there's no money, but there will be some sweet prizes, ranging from gift certificates for Game Over to random E3 crap I have stashed away. Final prizes will be determined based on how many total entrants we get for this, so make sure you hit up the Tourney thread in the google group to sign up and reserve your spot now! To sign up for the google group and the tourney, send me your gmail address via one of the following convenient methods and I'll get you an invite!

-PM me here on Dtoid
    -Follow/DM me on Twitter (@walk_your_path)

9:30 to ????

P-A-R-T-Y. Final location is still being determined, but will default to Sean Carey's place if other arrangements fail. More drinks, games, and compromising photos!

Sun, Aug. 22nd --

Brunch

Whoever hasn't already departed will gather one last time to lick our wounds and ease the pain of wanton carousing through the magic of PANCAKES at Kerbey Lane Cafe.

While the tourney is set, other plans will be fluid - so make sure to follow me (@walk_your_path) on Twitter if you're heading in so you'll be in the loop! More details to come! Did I mention joining the google group?

Yeah, it's more NARP spam, bitches.

Learn to cope.

he event runs from 6-9PM on Sat, Aug. 21. There will be two tourneys run during the event - one for Goldeneye and one for Mario Kart 64, so dust off those old consoles and start practicing. Anyone signing up for the tournament will be automatically entered into both events, which means you'll have two chances to win!

Win what, you ask? Well, the Game Over crew loves Dtoid so much (why don't they marry us?) that they're ponying up big time to make sure it's worth your while to show face and do battle with your comrades. They're giving away gift cards to the top 3 spots in each of the events. I will sprinkle a little random swag on top to sweeten the deal.

1st place in either game will net you a $50 gift card, 2nd place is worth a $25 card, and 3rd place is still pulling down a $10 gift card prize! Plus, you'll have bragging rights until the next tournament!

Here's the catch -- you've got to be registered to participate. To register, you'll need to join the Dtoid TX google group, which you can do by sending me a PM here with your gmail address or firing off an email to sean@destructoid.com. I'll send you an invite to the google group, and you can then post in the tourney sign-up thread. The spots will be limited to 24 total entrants, so make sure you get registered before the spots fill up. I know many of you have expressed interest in competing, but you HAVE to be registed in the sign-up thread for your shot at gift cards and glory!

Naoto #1 Fan
    Sounds very awesome. Wish I could go, but kidnapping charges and shit.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Just got an email concerning my future Dtoid shirt. It's shipping~
    Gonna rep that shit. ;D

[Level 2: Human] exitplanetdust's Avatar
    Newb here. I found out about this through the GO owner while making arrangements for a group I'm with for the 20th. I would post details but I'm green and I'm not sure if it's appropriate as the group is with a completely different site. Let me know if it is because I would love for some of you guys to drop by.

Some of us will probably stop by on Saturday night to watch you guys play and mingle.

...Oh. I thought he meant Cut and Shoot as an alternate way of referencing college station (C & S, CS). I have no idea where Cut and Shoot is, so feel free to talk shit about it. Sorry McChiken.
    It's okay dude. Yeah Cut and Shoot is a crappy little town about 6 miles of Conroe. It's in Montgomery county

So, are we going to be getting any addresses for the party? I know where Game Over is, but if I want to attend the Friday night party as well, it would help to know where it's at. Is there going to be another email going out sometime soon?