Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Writers Assemble!

[Level 4: Cyborg] Travis Touchdown's Avatar

Writers Assemble!

cue the entirety of the Destructoid C-bloggers appearing

Hello. I'm aware that there's an old Writing Thread (for posting your work) but the last time that was posted in was about five years ago, and I'm not sure about the rules for reviving long-dead topics. Anyways, I don't want to get attacked by zombies, so I'm going to play it safe.

Anyways, this topic is for talking about your craft and sharing it. Written some C-blogs? Done some ghostwriting? Freelance much? Bad fanfiction?

Here's yo' place.

Me, I wrote a very bad C-blog, I ghostwrite and freelance for money, and my fanfiction haunts the deepest, darkest, most depraved corners of the internet.

How about you guys?

I think it should be fine to start a new thread, I've just been posting writing stuff in the creativity thread mostly.

I sometimes write short poem-like things, short fictional pieces and C-blog stuff from time to time.

I write some dumb stories for this website called Userpedia, which was made as a branch of the Super Mario Wiki Community for people to put their original user-based characters and stuff. Me, I'm actually attempting to write legitimate literature there- I know this sounds ridiculous (and crazy egotistic on my part, there's plenty of good sprite comics and stories there) and I've been there for a while. If you'd be interested in reading my work- no Userpedia experience necessary- check 'em out.

In progress, almost complete. It has, like, no plot until World 2, but World 1 is still important for world-building and whatnot.

Just started. Newer than PAviate, better representation of my writing style.

Any progress on my writing pieces would be greatly appreciated.

I've also ghostwritten shitty tech articles and made about $300 from 20 of them. They were about a page each, so I'm not really complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    I sometimes write short poem-like things, short fictional pieces and C-blog stuff from time to time.
    Share?
    Last edited by Travis Touchdown; 03-06-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: don't wanna double post

[Level 12: CHET]
    He doesn't share enough of them.

Soo, after finishing Colonial Marines I found myself writing an Aliens thing, which I'll just leave here if anybody's bothered:

http://infinitesimalspace.tumblr.com...688543/pqs-244
    Meant to put these up awhile back, just random short fiction pieces I did:

The Joy of the Whole
    The Slumbering King
    The Plague
    [Cblog]

I've put some stuff up in the poetry thread before but it's kind of spread across a few pages, [this page] has the last stuff I posted up.

I haven't read all of them, but I really like what I have so far. Your C-blogs are written very well, and from what I've read The Joy of the Whole, you have a very good narrative voice and a penchant for good descriptions.

Thanks!

I don't tend to write too much but I do like to put a lot of thought into the things I do write.

It shows, man.

Would you mind giving me feedback on my work?

Sure! I'll read through it tomorrow when I've got a moment.

Alright, sounds great!

If you're short for time, just catch up on Project 132. Project Aviate's a much longer endeavor.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    I enjoy writing. Maybe someday I'll actually do it.

[Level 8: Skynet]

Oh man, you wrote that?

It was great. I really enjoyed that article. Some of my favorite games are Metal Gear and No More Heroes- one of my favorite things to do in Metal Gear is try to make pacifist runs, and the first time I played No More Heroes and I got the cue to Kill everybody I actually spent a moment lamenting the fact I didn't have any choice but to slaughter everything.

The thing about that is, though, No More Heroes itself is very good at addressing that point- except from the eyes of the character, who can't find the exit.

So I really enjoyed that article. Be sure to write more like it.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I did. Thanks. I will.

Admin / Midget King
    Read that earlier, good stuff Steven!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Touchdown View Post
    Would you mind giving me feedback on my work?
    Read 132 and a bit of Aviate. It's good, you write well, not very keen on the typography though. Too many open spaces.

Read 132 and a bit of Aviate. It's good, you write well, not very keen on the typography though. Too many open spaces.
    Too many line breaks, or just the size of them?

Too many line breaks, it stops the text from flowing properly. Atleast, that's how it felt to me.

I try to do a rapid-fire style, like that of Hot Fuzz or basically anything else Edgar Wright has directed.

Sorry the stylistic decisions detracted from your enjoyment of the story- I hope it won't repel you from reading more in the future. I will make attempts to have larger paragraphs, though. I don't need a quick-cut to everything.

By the way, I updated Project 132 with two more chapters.