Thread: The Bar Episode VI: Let Us Cling Together

[Level 8: Skynet]

The Bar Episode VI: Let Us Cling Together

Welcome to The Bar.

In these trying times, we need to cling together if we are to have a chance at survival.

In that vein, let's listen to the voice of the greatest philosopher of any human epoch: Freddie Mercury.

Dude, really?

Nope.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    No, you piece of shit.

I believe you all mean... YES.

Anyway, is there anything coming out or already out for the holiday season that you guys are interested in?

Straight-up, I am completely uninterested in basically everything until March. Because... Well, you know...

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    You all are fucking pieces of shit for not getting on your god damn knees when Queen is dropped. Freddie Mercury is a fucking God, and Teo Toriatte is a great song.

I want my DC Santa to give me a Wii U with Smash U, but that's the only vidya I care about till MGS V. Should be a good movie season though.

He is with you always, Gatsby.

SMASH??? Yes please. I've already got it preordered.

I haven't been keeping up with Smash news, are there any major differences between the 3DS and Wii U versions?

I don't care.

It's time for some Queen loving.

A lesser known Queen song, notable for guitarist Brian May being on the lead vocals. Very different sound from well-known Queen, and all the better for it.

Ooh, Brian May on lead vocals? I can't even think of another song off the top off my head with him there. Very nice. Dude's brilliant, and not just because he's an astrophysicist.

Yeah, Drowse and Teo Torriate are on the same album, Brian May wrote Teo Torriate as well. The album is A Day at the Races, my favorite from the band. Everyone loves it's predeccesor A Night at the Opera more because ZOMG BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, but imo that album doesn't quite capture the band's true nature, which is of course batshit and all over the place given the time they burst onto the scene.

Mmm. I've only got a pair of Greatest Hits CDs, so my exposure was limited until I started browsing for other songs online, although I could certainly listen to more. Stuff like Teo Torriatte and All Dead, All Dead- which I think was May as well. I need to listen to more. Any recommendations for lesser known stuff?

Queen have a huge catalog, so the greatest hits album is very substantial.

My three favorite Queen albums are A Day at the Races, Innuendo and Live at Wembly. A Day at the Races for all the reasons I mentioned up there, Innuendo which has super fucking weird songs like

and Live at Wembly just to hear an old and grizzled Freddie, a year or two away from death still fucking murdering his vocals with some great renditions. That performance also has a DVD and makes for a pretty great watch if you want to get a good idea on why Freddie was such a legend.

Sweet. The Greatest Hits were pretty varied, stuff I had known about beforehand and things I hadn't which ended up being some of my favorites like Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy and Save Me. I'll have to take the time to just sift through Queen songs looking for ones I haven't heard. Innuendo had The Show Must Go On, didn't it? The story about the recording of that song is just... Brings a tear to the eye.

I kinda hate to deny a cat his toy, but judging by the posting times Browneye did open the legit new Bar with the page 1000 turn. Lion was exactly three minutes too fucking early. Sorry mate, try again next time, but fair is fair.

[B]
    http://forum.destructoid.com/showthread.php?39730-The-Bar-Part-VI-Browneye-Lives]This is the new Bar!

EDIT: Fuck this linking with large sized fonts. Fuck it all.