The Italian Stallion
    Steam ID
    The_End21
    PSN
    Gladiator_21
    XBL
    [none]

Dtoid's Dream Thread

Exactly what it says on the tin. Roll up roll up! Post your wacky dreams here people!

I thought about doing this a long time ago, but I actually got down to waking up, keeping the dream in my head and writing it down on my PC Here it is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the dream starts out by being in a square wooden just off a small island somewhere near Africa, a typical tropical island, white beaches etc. There seems to be an interviewer in the boat with possibly a camera talking tot eh tribesman and how the boat isn't holding up against the water. A tiny amount of water is getting in but it's no big deal and that point is constantly brought up, but water exits it as well.

The boats design is quite odd. Just imagine tree trunks stacked on top of each other in a square, that's the boat.

Next you see some of your fellow tribesman crossing the water to the boat swimming to you. For some reason there are slots under the boat which they all slip their spears into, so imagine one going along one edge/bottom of the boat, then the other 3 on each bottom side of the boat. For some reason this helps the boats buoyancy and it stops leaking.

The original tribesman asking his fellow hunters what they are off to do. They say "off to scour other villagers". So you sail for a tiny bit and you come across the village that is based on wooden platforms/stilts in the middle of the sea. As I recall we floated around for a bit looking for houses without people in or people who were asleep. We were trying to be very un-suspicious. As it was the middle of the day pretty much everyone was awake but not many people noticed us drifting in between the houses and huts. The odd old person noticed and child but nothing of it.

It seemed very tense in the boat though and it felt like an attack or a kidnapping.

Then things got very odd.

Suddenly the boat with all the people (except the interviewer) is in a london-y/city-y setting but with a canal. We aren't at the canal we are round the back of an industrial estate/factory and the tribesman seem to be chasing after something. In the dream they aren't bothered they are in a town with solid ground (as it's dream doesn't make any sense sometimes ). When i was in the boat I took the role of the first tribesman and the interviewer I believe.

Now I was the interviewer and I'm just wandering this city (which isn't deserted). I could actually roughly draw the surroundings this dream was so vivid.

Now cut to an office block ( a very nice building) with people running away from the exits (this was on like a connecting bridge in the building, imagine Grozny Grad of MGS3's bridge section where you go to pick up that scientist.

Obviously I noticed straight away their power had been cut to the buildings doors locking them automatically. The next thing I remember was going into a smallish room, about 6 meters by 6 meters, enough to fit (let me see...), there were about 7 people in there.

I definitely had a Shaun of the Dead feeling about the whole situation.

Anyway so there's a bit of rambling and we decided to go out this back door. For some reason we turn up just next to the bridge on the road above a canal and there's only 3 people of which I have no idea who they are. There's this man saying "lets go this way". Now this is where I take the role of somebody. Next to the bridge is an opening with thorn bush's sloping steepily down, with a drop to the canal. Now I thought there was a path next to the canal to drop down onto.

I was wading through the bush's when the guy who had said "this way" earlier noticed me doing this, "what are you doing! it's this way, it's right there" pointing at the building at the opposite side of the canal/bridge we were at. Obviously he was referring to the other side of the building. Remember, he's talking about that boat we sailed here in, but I'm not the same person. So as I'm on the edge of this drop, I can't get back up, but there's this bar hanging off the wall. As thick Iron bars are normally reliable (I've managed to get off factory roofs with these and over big walls with these along IRL) I grabbed it, teh man above over the side of the bridge on the side part where there is a stone pillar with the bar attached (it's only got one end attached to the wall). So I grip the bar, he's offering to help, it's kind of looks like I need help but I'm OK. Then the bar starts to bend, and it suddenly rips out of the wall. I fall into the canal and the guy screams the usual "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Now I'm in the canal, I can swim, but for some reason I can't keep on top of the water. I believe this ties into my real life assumption that if you fall in a canal it's very hard to get out because of grime or what not draggin you down. So whenever I have a dream about that sort of thing it shits me up. It's odd as I don't believe it in real life but I kind of do, it's odd. To sum it up, I'm not afraid of canals

Anyway on with the dream, so I'm slowly drowning, taking off my clothes that are dragging me down, it helps a bit. But I slowly are being pulled down, gasping for breath every time I get to teh surface a bit. I eventually drown But it wasn't one of those where I die and wake up deals. I am now looking at the canal down the canal a fair bit, about 100 meters, and I can see my body floating as the 2 people who I was with before go across teh bridge in search of that tribesman's boat (so much for friend's ey, even though I don't know them and they were just co-workers, every man for himself eh?lol) .

So my/a body is slowly floating down the dirty, green-y canal and then the body disappears under the water, with somebody saying "Oh no we've lost it *sad face*"

Now the odd thing was to remember is I fell in as a skinny person, blondish hair with a puffy vest thing on. Not me as I don't wear those type of clothes and I have dark dark brown hair.

Cut back to the small 6X6 meter room where everybody looks a bit tense. To describe the room it has four sides,one is straight whilst one is diagonal with two doors, one at each side of the room with windows on the two side walls.

Now there is a nervous looking chap in a chair with a guy questioning him about stuff. Then there is people pacing back and forth. Now I seem to be back in a body, however I try and talk to people but nobody listens. It seems some people can see me and some others can't, it's very odd. So I start talking to people and asking them if they can see me. People answer honest and look directly where I am.

Now there's one very odd guy in here, as one my friends says "I can see you" another chap follows up saying "I can see you", however he's looking in the COMPLETELY wrong direction. I just figured out why that is relevant to the dream.......

Anyway the fat guy interrogating the poor chap in the chair who's nervous is asking questions in kind of Sims speak/I couldn't remember/hear properly in the dream at that time, but you can tell 1) they're important and 2) the guy being questioned has no idea and keeps telling the fat guy who obviously wants someone to blame.

Now the door we came in we didn't go out of again, we went out the other side, and when we/I came back the same people,were in there, remember, I'm kind of dead, but in an out of body/in a some-people-can-see-me body.

Now after some arguing/talking that I can't remember after about 15 minutes of writing this down we exit the same door we originally came through.

To see people coming towards us. Greetings ensue and hugs of elation. Now I'm looking in the crowd for my body. I see it! But I look at the security camera to see if it can see me, but no dice. People console me (there's about 2 or 3 that can me).

And then! My body walks through the door. Having not known ANYONE throughout the dream, my friend Fat Mat walks through the door and we hug (hey no gay jokes now! ). It's so good to see my body and soul. But it turns out the body I was in was my own at the time of the going BACK into that 6X6 room. Now everybody can see me now that I know Mat is alive (who originally drowned in the canal, but who was also having an out of body experience in that drowning persons body, as was I).

The funny part of the dream was when I said to Mat "Oh god that Canal was HORRIBLE wasn't it? " and he chuckled said "oh yeah I know XD" and we had a laugh. Then we separate from hugging, and the hug again as we are so elated to have out regular bodies back and we aren't dead.

When I woke I felt so relieved of tension and with joy and I have a n odd sensation in my stomach right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Level 12: CHET]
    XBL
    Sam Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyduda View Post
    taking off my clothes that are dragging me down
    Hot.

I forget my dream from last night but I'll start writing them down in the morning. Mine are always really fucking weird and my sex dreams are very very hot and intense.

Unicorn Enthusiast
    PSN
    Santakauz
    XBL
    Kauza
    I always forget the details of mine, but here's the hazy memory of one that I recently had.

So, for some reason, I was in Iraq. I was stuck in this weird building and I knew I was in some sort of danger, but I had no idea why. I had to get to the airport. So I started going around and trying to escape, even though there was absolutely no hints of any threats.

Without warning, my memory of the dream jumps to an Iraqi supermarket, which looks just like any other supermarket, even right down to the products that they have. The only difference is the fact that all of the products have different names. I saw a bag of Fritos, and they were in some crazy font, and they were called "Portolios" or something completely nonsensical like that. I also remember browsing the soda aisle. I don't remember feeling like I was in any imminent danger anymore.

Then, my memory suddenly jumps to the airport. Now, the feel is more like a vacation. A bunch of people from my old high school are there (really random) and we're trying to get tickets out of there. But no one seems to work there. So I go behind the counter and mess around with the computer until I finally make myself a reservation on a flight.

That's all I remember. Wonderful first trip to Iraq.

MOMerator
    Steam ID
    Zodiac_Eclipse
    XBL
    Dtoid_Zodiac
    I've had two dtoid related dreams in the past, within a day of each other which made me think I've been spending too much time here. Anyhow, the first one was based on the dtoid comic since it had the retroforce go! people in superhero costumes, but they were like anti superheros or something, not quite good not really bad, something about video games.

Thought that one was weird since I don't listen to the podcast and only know who they are from the comic.

The next was something with talking to rev anthony on the phone and all I really remember was even in my dream he never smiled once (not sure how I know this since he was on the phone, but that's just how the dream went). He just looked annoyed and disapproving.

I wish I could remember more of what happened, but I didn't think to write it down after the fact and by now the details are gone.

The Italian Stallion
    Steam ID
    The_End21
    PSN
    Gladiator_21
    XBL
    [none]
    Kauza that sounds hilarious I don't know why but I thought of COD4 when you started talking about Iraqi supermarkets.

Zodiac I bet you are right I bet he doesn't smile on the phone either I'm sure you could tell by the way he was talking Also, you should listen to the podcasts They're really good IMO.

Sam, thanks Just write down whatever, sex dream or no sex dream.

I had two that night as well as that one, another was about running a race, and I started by going the wrong way, then pretending I meant to do it as I was never racing at all.

Supreme Dick Tater
    PSN
    digtastik
    XBL
    digtastik
    i blogged a couple of mine and can't be fucked to bother with it again. oh well. maybe someday.

Totally fine with skeezers
    Steam ID
    Mad Dong Tannen
    PSN
    MadDongTannen
    XBL
    MadD0ngTannen
    I dreamed I was a woman once. I think I was playing with myself, so I was probably diddling with my butthole in my sleep subconsciously.

The Italian Stallion
    Steam ID
    The_End21
    PSN
    Gladiator_21
    XBL
    [none]
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrigg1 View Post
    I dreamed I was a woman once. I think I was playing with myself, so I was probably diddling with my butthole in my sleep subconsciously.
    Good job you didn't end up sniffing your fingers then

Do it dig

Anyway yeah so if anyone writes down there's or remembers one just pop it in here

Lol, 666.

XBL
    Sam Spectre
    Can I write daydreams? Specifically, sexual fantasies.

The Italian Stallion
    Steam ID
    The_End21
    PSN
    Gladiator_21
    XBL
    [none]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spectre View Post
    Can I write daydreams? Specifically, sexual fantasies.
    Yeah I didn't think of daydreams in fact

You do like your sex stories/imaginative situations don't you?

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    PSN
    TheKushKitten
    XBL
    The Kush Kitten
    Just last night, I had 3 dreams that were weird.

In one dream, I was in high school walking around with my friend, just joking around, laughing hard like always. As we're walking into this one hallway, we are cracking up and noticed that everyone stared at us at once. We look down to see some dead girl and her mother holding the girl's head, bawling. All those people were obviously waiting for the ambulance to get there and we just walked in cracking up, having no idea. It was weird.

Then, I had another dream that involved a weird suicide death but the other two weren't that interesting or anything.

The Italian Stallion
    Steam ID
    The_End21
    PSN
    Gladiator_21
    XBL
    [none]
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotMonster View Post
    Just last night, I had 3 dreams that were weird.

In one dream, I was in high school walking around with my friend, just joking around, laughing hard like always. As we're walking into this one hallway, we are cracking up and noticed that everyone stared at us at once. We look down to see some dead girl and her mother holding the girl's head, bawling. All those people were obviously waiting for the ambulance to get there and we just walked in cracking up, having no idea. It was weird.

Then, I had another dream that involved a weird suicide death but the other two weren't that interesting or anything.
    Lol, that sounds fucked up Can you not remember anything about the weird suicide death I'm guessing?

Beast Master
    Steam ID
    zombieplatypus
    PSN
    ZombiePlatypus
    XBL
    ZombiePlatypus
    Here goes an old, old dream that I still remember pretty clearly:

I was running away from some people out to kill/harm me and I ended up in like a warehouse near a tiered cake. Somebody said the cake was poisoned, then the cake turned into a sandcastle and the warehouse kinda faded away and I was outdoors at the beach. The two people who were chasing me earlier showed up, so I started running down a peir at the beach. They were right behind me so I kept running when I got to the end of the pier, so I kept running right off the end and was running on the ocean's surface. The two didn't follow, but after a bit I started sinking. Eventually I was totally underwater, but I wasn't drowning or struggling, I just let myself sink and looked around. There were hammerhead sharks all around circling me, but none of 'em attacked. I sunk to the ocean floor and the dream pretty much ended.

Another dream, from way back in elementary school, is equally as memorable but a little fuzzier as far as exact details. I dreamt that there was a cabbage patch doll in my backyard and it had gotten dog shit on it. Later the doll turned into this girl that I had a crush on who lived in another state. This was like a power she had, to go from human to cabbage patch form. When she turned into a human she was completely clean, but I spent a lot of time apologizing and feeling terrible that somehow my dog's shit had gotten on her when she was a doll. We ended up breaking somebody out of some kind of hospital/institution and all running off together.

The Italian Stallion
    Steam ID
    The_End21
    PSN
    Gladiator_21
    XBL
    [none]
    Lol those are pretty damn good ZP The shit on the doll is so odd especially XD

I'll say this I always find it out how scenes in dreams just disappear, like when the tribesman in mine appeared in a town all of sudden but they didn't care. Like yours did in the warehouse

That dream at the top of mine, I've had once before, meant to mention it. These are two quick small recurring ones I had when i was little. Both nightmares.

One was of me and my dad having to cross a railway line, however there were about 20 in a row all curvy and we had to get to the other side. Sometimes we made it sometimes not.

Another recurring one was of being in a massive room, completely empty and dark-ish. With nothing but wardrobes in it, slightly floating off the floor. Like big wooden ones. It was basically about getting away from the guy chasing me, hiding in or under the wardrobes.

Oh yeah, people should post nightmares as well.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Steam ID
    phantomile
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    sevenisyellow
    ZombiePlatypus, I would pay to have your dreams.

Anyway, here's one I had a couple nights ago that I've been dying to share:

I was on a stealth mission to infiltrate a facility that supposedly contained the "key to the world".
    Me and my team had come into possession of a device that should activate this "key", but we had no idea what it really was. All I knew was that the corporation in control of it had to be stopped, so I was sent to investigate.

I had gotten inside the main building undetected, but there was a camera in my way that I couldn't get past without it seeing me. My team advised me to shoot it out, but I hesitated and it spotted me at the very last second before I destroyed it. Within seconds, communication with my team went dead and there were sounds of enemy teams rushing towards me.

Armed with only a single pistol I knew I had no chance of surviving, but then I remembered that I still had the "device". Estimating that I still had about 90 seconds before anyone arrived at where I was, I frantically rushed for the gate I had been headed to. I opened the door after a few seconds of stumbling, and came into a room with the largest, most ominous-looking machine I had ever seen. My mission had been to simply investigate the key to the world, and bring back any information on it I could. However, with my communication to the outside world dead and my only route of escape blocked, I made a desperate decision.

I took my activation device, thrust it into the front of the large contraption, and turned it. The footsteps of the soldiers stopped instantly. Everything began to shake, and my heart filled with a deep feeling of utter regret. Then there was a noise that I can't quite describe, then a flash...and everything went white.

I woke up pretty much shouting "THAT WAS AWESOME".

The Italian Stallion
    Steam ID
    The_End21
    PSN
    Gladiator_21
    XBL
    [none]
    Lol Phantomile that story sounds epic It really built up the tension.

XBL
    Sam Spectre
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyduda View Post
    Yeah I didn't think of daydreams in fact

You do like your sex stories/imaginative situations don't you?
    I'm a lifeguard and rather than watch the pool I think.

The Italian Stallion
    Steam ID
    The_End21
    PSN
    Gladiator_21
    XBL
    [none]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spectre View Post
    I'm a lifeguard and rather than watch the pool I think.
    Fair play

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    PSN
    TheKushKitten
    XBL
    The Kush Kitten
    I love reading/hearing about people's dreams.. We should try to interpret them haha.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Well I don't usually remember the whole of dreams but I do remembers specific parts.

Most recent dream: Fighting Nazi zombies in a mansion that had been made into a hotel.

Other strange dreams:

-Running away with The Podcastle crew and The Young Scot to a wedding reception in Sunny France while a giant Wicked Witch of the West chased us.

- I dreamt I was Samuel Jackson in a movie.

- Finding out a big conspiracy involving the Royal Family while sneaking into some building in London. It involved climbing on a wire hanging over a busy street, disguising myself as a cleaner and fighting the Queen in a one on one battle.

In short, my dreams are awesome.