lizzardpt

Luna Sy

Marche100

StriderHoang

Red Morgan

Everyday Legend

Original Post:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Nihil; 07-21-2014 at 12:56 PM.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Coooooooooooode Geass.

Admin / Midget King
    Dude, no Cowboy Bebop? Check that out.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Vampire Hunter D is fairly good.

Try Soul eater...

oh and FMP! 2nd raid isn't all that good.. i wish i didnt buy it...

I can't believe I didn't put Cowboy Bebop on the list along with Trigun. Oh and also Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's because I forgot I own them but my friends never returned them .

Vampire Hunter D always looked interesting. I think I watched the Movie or is that what your talking about if that's the case I think I've seen it.

Soul eater looks Good Thanks. And that sucks about FMP! TSR I really enjoyed FMP! and was hoping that was good as well.

Yeah I was talking about the movies.

There is another anime that I really like. I can't remember the name of it right now but I remember it involved vampires that inject blood instead of sucking it.

[Level 8: Skynet]

Do yourself a favor: watch Berserk and Great Teacher Onizuka.

i don't watch all that much anime, but a buddy of mine got FLCL (i think white people typically pronounce it fooly cooly) and it is pretty fun to watch. very quirky

Pwnd
    There's that Matrix anime. You should watch it, it's really good on opposite day. Besides that, that's all I've seen besides Pokemon and some Dragon Ball.

Blind assassin
    I just finished Macross Frontier. The action is pretty amazing but the plot becomes kind of sappy towards the end. Definitely worth a watch though.

Code Geass is pretty much a staple now. Code Geass R2 isn't as good as the first season but if you watch the first one and get any enjoyment you need to finish the series. That kind of sounds like I'm saying it's bad, which it's far from but it's just not as good as the first season.

I have to recommend Twelve Kingdoms. It's by and far the best anime I've ever seen and quite possibly the best show/movie ever. You have to watch the first 12 episodes or so to know if you like it or not. And I really mean that, every person I've encountered that didn't like the show never watched past 5-6 episodes. By episode 20 the show becomes outrageously amazing.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni: Psychological horror, very violent at parts
    Kino no Tabi: This one is sort of hard to explain but it's very worth watching if you want something more mellow and philosophical
    Mushishi: Similar to Kino no Tabi in that it involves a lone traveler, is episodic, and is very quiet (like, Samurai Jack quiet where some episodes only have a page worth of dialogue) and mellow. It also happens to be the most beautifully animated show in existence. Watch one episode and tell me that it isn't absolutely astounding.
    Hellsing Ultimate: Much better than the standard Hellsing anime. Each episode is about 45 minutes long and covers a volume of manga. The regular show diverges from the manga after about 4 episodes and really starts to suffer for it after Incognito appears. Ultimate goes full-out with the violence and Nazis too so it gets raw style points.

Along with whatever other recommendations you get that should probably suffice for now.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Wtf dude? You havent watched ghost in the shell?

Im no otaku and I dont know a lot of animes but ghost in the shell is awesome.
    Didnt like the 2nd season though, only watch stand alone complex + the movies

Also check out Beck, havent finished it because I cant find german subs anywhere, but its about a japanese boy who discovers rock n roll

Also Elfenlied (Does anyone know what that title means? Im asking because if the title was german itd mean elves song)
    Well anyways, its about a girl who has some powers with which she can kill people in pretty cruel ways, but she gets hit on her head with a sniper bullet and from then on shes schizophrenic. Her first personality is still the cruel girl but in her 2nd personality shes totaly harmless like a little child and she cant even speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fana7ic

Im no otaku and I dont know a lot of animes but ghost in the shell is awesome.
    Didnt like the 2nd season though, only watch stand alone complex + the movies

Also check out Beck, havent finished it because I cant find german subs anywhere, but its about a japanese boy who discovers rock n roll

Also Elfenlied (Does anyone know what that title means? Im asking because if the title was german itd mean elves song)
    Well anyways, its about a girl who has some powers with which she can kill people in pretty cruel ways, but she gets hit on her head with a sniper bullet and from then on shes schizophrenic. Her first personality is still the cruel girl but in her 2nd personality shes totaly harmless like a little child and she cant even speak.
    I totally forgot about Elfenlied!
    The main girl in that is awesome!

Totally fine with skeezers
    I usually hate any anime, but I watched that Appleseed movie, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

[Level 6: Robot]
    FLCL is always a fun show, and the best part is that it's only six episodes long- trust me, it's worth it.

I'd also recommend any of Satoshi Kon's works. He mostly does movies, but his show Paranoia Agent has had a pretty popular run on Adult Swim. His works are heavily focused on psychological drama, but use the animation medium to go totally surreal; usually this involves character's hallucinations or hidden personalities to manifest themselves and mingle with the real world until you're not sure which is which. Needless to say, it's quite awesome.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    My Favorites:

Gunsmith Cats
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    The Slayers
    Devil May Cry
    The Animatrix
    Mononoke Hime

Ah! My Goddess!
    Azumanga daioh
    Berserk (Although the manga is better and more freaky.)
    Boogiepop Phantom (Good horror show, watch with the lights out. Also, skip the episode with Poom Poom.)
    Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 (Sort of falls apart at the end, but Nene is so cute!)
    Cardcaptor Sakura + movies (Not the horribly butchered Cardcaptors!)
    Chrono Crusade
    Cromartie High School (Short, weird, funny episodes.)
    Dokkoida!?
    El-Hazard, 1st OVA or The Wanderers
    Escaflowne
    GaoGaiGar
    Genshiken (Follows several college otaku in the same club, pretty good.)
    Get Backers
    Giant Robo
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    His and Her Circumstances (Apart from the ending and the recap episodes really great!)
    Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl
    Kaleido Star (It may be about a girl joinging the circus, but I still really liked it.)
    King of Bandit Jing
    Kino's Journey
    Kodocha (So hilarious, even if it is a kid's shows.)
    Lupin III, TV series or any of the movies
    Macross 7 (Watching this right now, has some spiffy J-Rock. Downloadable)
    Martian Successor Nadesico
    Midori Days
    Mobile Fighter G Gundam (Only if you like over the top giant robot stuff.)
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
    Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
    Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
    Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
    Now and Then, Here and There
    One Piece (Avoid the 4Kids version like the plague, though.)
    Paranoia Agent
    Ranma (You really only need to watch the first season, as that's the best one.)
    Read or Die (You might also want to check out the TV series, but it moves a little slowly.)
    Record of Lodoss War
    Robonimal Panda-Z: The Robonimation (Just watch the battery episode, best thing ever.)
    Ruin Explorers
    Rune Soldier
    Samurai 7
    Samurai champloo
    Scrapped Princess
    Steam Detectives (Surprisingly underrated show. Really great.)
    Submarine 707 Revolution (Awesome movie, but it ends sort of abruptly.)
    Tenchi Muyo! GXP (If you liked Muyo.)
    Tenchi Universe (Again, if you liked Muyo.)
    Turn A Gundam (Downloadable)
    Video Girl Ai (A nice, short romance.)

And this is technically Live Action, but I just watched Bleach Saien (a live action musical!) and it was the most hilarious thing ever. I'd definitely recommend finding a torrent.

Re: Recomendations for anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshey
    Ones I have but haven't watched yet:

-Star Ocean EX
    Ugh. :|

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    I suggest Utawarerumono. It's a great anime about a man that becomes king through rebellion. It has a great cast of characters and is really epic but doesn't loose sense of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fana7ic
    I watched the first movie like 5 or so years ago musta slipped my mind. But I hated Stand alone complex, just couldn't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by elpoopacabra
    i don't watch all that much anime, but a buddy of mine got FLCL (i think white people typically pronounce it fooly cooly) and it is pretty fun to watch. very quirky
    This series hurt my head, though the ending was pretty cool. I didn't know it was only 6 episodes long so I never thought I finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrigg1
    I usually hate any anime, but I watched that Appleseed movie, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Theres another movie I owned that I never saw again, I have to go out and buy Appleseed EX Machina eventually.

@Wookiee: I heard that the Slayers was pretty good and I think my friend owns it I'll have to check it out.

@TheGoldenDonut: I have seen the Read or Die ova, and actually I think my ex might of sold that one on me, it just sorta disappeared on me one day.

Thanks guys this should keep me for some time.

So now downloading:
    -Berserk
    -Great Teacher Onizuka
    -Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
    -Twelve Kingdoms
    -Code Geass
    -Macross Frontier
    -Elfenlied
    -The Slayers
    -Chrono Crusade
    -Utawarerumono

The others I'll get in a later date but this should keep me going for a while thanks again!

[edit] Oh and Soul Eater is a very interesting anime, I just finished watching the first episode, and it looks promising.