Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 240 241 242 243 244
Results 4,861 to 4,878 of 4878

Thread: Depression Thread - What takes you out of the dumps and what's been bugging you?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Still in a weird place with my DJ friend.

Went to his place Sunday for his show and ended up hanging out with his BF most of the time because I can only sit around and listen to him play for so long. Turns out his BF has been suffering from depression for some time now. He said he was seeing a psychiatrist and had just started taking medication. He said that it hasn't fixed him but that it's made it easier to find the optimism in his life.

It was just sort of surprising how open he was about it. No shame or anything which is what I'm used to. I told him if he needed anybody to talk to message me any time. I know he probably won't though.
    Last edited by Gorilla Gravy; 11-18-2014 at 11:34 PM.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by pk fire View Post
    Don't worry too much about it, dude. Most science and engineer majors end up struggling at some point (or multiple points) in their academic careers. The best you can do is learn from this experience, and triple-check next time with your professor so that you know exactly what material will be on the test. I got one C+ in college (And there was a definite possible of me failing) and was fucking miserable as well for a small period of time for similar reasons. Turns out though, no one gives a fuck if you get one or a few C or C+'s during your time in school because no one is perfect, and everyone understands that you're pursuing something that only a small fraction of the world population could even begin to comprehend or commit to.
    This is so true I have my BBA for Marketing and I damn near failed like 3 classes (fuck accounting) and no one, not a SINGLE person or company in my work history since graduating, has asked what grades I got.

They only really want to know that you can go through 4 years of hell and can apply yourself.

I had a bit of a meltdown and deleted every post and photo on my FB. I regret it.

I think I'm going to call some places about seeing a therapist soon.

Juice Box
    Sounds like that's a good avenue to continue down.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    That poor, poor therapist.

I lack advancement. Trying to save money is hard. Had to buy new tires, change my oil, flush my transition. There goes two weeks worth of money. At this point I'm just waiting for school to be over so I can start working full time and making real money.

I'm in a pretty good place as of late but fuck I need to get out of this depressing ass, shitty town.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    That poor, poor therapist.
    Dick.

Deleting content on one's FB seems like a damn good idea to me.

Seems like I borrowed the first book of Song of Ice and Fire to someone and I can't remember who it was. That's good bye.

Sounds like a plus to me. My buddy bought two copies of the fifth book and gave me one. Only book I own from the series.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Been having a rough time over the last week or so, accompanied by terrible neck and upper back pain.

Finding it very hard to stay distracted or say enjoy anything I put on for a decent amount of time. Stress levels are up for no apparent reason and feel like I'm on the verge of panic attacks in any waking moment. I've thought I might be heading to another crash, if I have the attacks, I know how to deal with them, but being on the cusp of them constantly is worrying, as if this is all building up to something greater.

In short, I'm fucked.

[Level 9: Chuck Norris]
    I incrementally disappeared from the internet as stress about the move built up. Took a while to hear back from the apartments about lease approval and each day went by, I was more convinced I was going to be stuck at home forever. As a result, I totally buttfucked the game of werewolf (completely forgot about it, and I am so sorry).

we finally get the news that we were approved and we can move in friday. We come in friday to sign the lease, get everything done, get the keys and when we put them in, they don't turn. back to the office. they recut the keys, we try again. NOPE. we go back and the lady at the office calls in head custodian guy to cot the keys. he dose; still don't work. turns out they were the wrong keys. now they can't find the right keys and they have to drill out the lock and replace it so they know for sure what's what. the entire ordeal took almost two hours. I'm glad we didn't rent a truck.

When I called to get gas, electric, and internet set up, I found out that I had about $370 in outstanding charges from a joint account I am 99.99% sure I signed out of from my last apartment. I left a few months early and made sure my half of the rent got paid, but then my old roomate moved his family in and his step dad got them evicted. This nullified our move-in special and I was left to pay for the conceded back rent. Now I find that KCPandFuckingL did not take me off and I get to foot that bill as well. They made no attempt to get ahold of me these past SIX GODDAMN YEARS and have just been lying in wait for me to need their services again. Fuck you power company and fuck YOU Aaron. I had to cash out vacation time to help swing it, but I got it covered.

The move was slow as hell. My roomate wasn't going to be able to move his stuff in until monday and I was only able to get a van full a day. got the last of my main stuff on Tuesday. Got internet friday, but it can't be run through the conveniently located cable in the middle of the apartment and instead has to run through the farthest corner from anything else. so, I had to get all of the extra coax cables and double-male connectors from back at the house to run that to the location I thought I needed (and had carefully measured and lined the doormouldings and corners with my 50" broadband line to) and set up the modem there.

I get this all set up and I try to do some shopping online since black friday and cyber monday deals would help me actually afford gifts this year when the power goes out. Not in the whole apartment, mind you; just the bedrooms. I go to the circuit breaker and nothing is tripped. I flip everything of and on anyway. Nothing (of course). Call in to maintenance, but it's after office hours so I go to bed. Wake up and the power is back on. YAY! go to work, full day, feel great, come home, bedrooms are dead again. Say fuck it, go make dinner, throw in mmx on the snes and just wait for my roomate to come home because the maintenance lady showed him what to do. It's on one of those outlet reset switches. in the wall of the main bathroom. controlling 2/3 of the apartment. two bedrooms, the master bath, and one wall of the main bath all on one switch. I can't have my shit on standby mode anymore until this place has been rewired (which management intends to do, they just took over three or four months ago and are making strides to bring this place into the 21st century). I have to unplug the strip with the tv and games if i'm using the PC and vice-versa. It's liveable, but less than ideal. It's a good thing my roomate doesn't want any kind of multimedia stuff in his room, or I'd have to ditch one of my monitors and rotate my consoles.

Things are looking up, but they have been a different flavor of shit than I'm used to this past few weeks, even if there has been less of it. I'm ready to get shelves up and all of my shit packed away. get my wall mounts up so I can incline my drawing table and get my tv off of milk crates.

good shit here

tl;dr shit's been shit, but necessary to move forward. smoothing out now.
    Last edited by King Süshi; 12-02-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Damn. Can they even rightfully claim charges after this long? Isn't there something like limitations of time?

Not sure. It's not like there's another supplier of electricity I can turn to, so I think I'm just stuck with it. I'm just glad I can cover it and be through with it. I'll definitely be recording my calls moving forward, though.

Wow, the USA only have one power supplier? o_O
    Sheeeit, that's fucked up. Yeah, guess then you're stuck with it. Fuck, that sucks.

I don't know about other cities, but KCP&L is all I can go through in KC.

Juice Box
    Sorry to hear, Sushi. Glad you'll be back hanging around, though.

My group and I completely bombed our scene from 'Comedy of Errors'.

Shit was a disaster on every end. Looking back, we chose a difficult scene that nobody was really having all that much fun with. After a certain point, we had put too much work in to go back, and yet, not nearly enough to do it justice. At the end of the day, it was four introverts trying to knock out one of Shakespeare's most silly and absurd plays. A glorious failure no doubt, but still a failure. Wish we would've taken a stab at Hamlet or something instead.

Luckily, if I knock out the final paper I should still probably score an A in the class, but today was rough.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I have a very passionate hatred for modules that include a performance assessment. All I can say, man, is that it won't have been as embarrassing as my performance experience in first year, where I had to gesture to my crotch and shout something like 'Do they want some?' in front of an audience of thirty-or-so girls. Mother Courage can go fuck herself.

I wasn't really embarrassed. The only thing you can do in situations like that is to laugh it off. I'm more just disappointed that I didn't do better on it. Luckily, it's over. Just another final and I can finally rest easy.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Gatsby; 12-05-2014 at 12:22 AM.