Page 232 of 232 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 228 229 230 231 232
Results 4,621 to 4,633 of 4633

Thread: Depression Thread - What takes you out of the dumps and what's been bugging you?

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Find a way to stay positive, man. Don't spiral.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    It's okay, I'll be fine. I made good on my promise to drink a lot. Thanks guys.

Best wishes, Red. Glad to have you with us.

Damn... that MMO really did do a number on you, huh? I guess that coupled with the stress at work was your breaking point. That throat thing also sounds like a nightmare, I assume there wasn't anything you could take for it at the time?

I'm glad you're doing better now, though. I mean I could never compare to what you've been through, my life has been a cake walk compared to some of you guys. I just hope you can push on through and continue getting better. Also, I'd highly recommend you start looking into another job. I know your boss and everyone at your job loves you, but at the end of the day a business is a business.

I can't wait to grab a PS4, hopefully by the end of next month I'll grab one; then I can finally play with the legendary Red Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by King Zelos View Post
    Damn... that MMO really did do a number on you, huh? I guess that coupled with the stress at work was your breaking point. That throat thing also sounds like a nightmare, I assume there wasn't anything you could take for it at the time?

I'm glad you're doing better now, though. I mean I could never compare to what you've been through, my life has been a cake walk compared to some of you guys. I just hope you can push on through and continue getting better. Also, I'd highly recommend you start looking into another job. I know your boss and everyone at your job loves you, but at the end of the day a business is a business.

I can't wait to grab a PS4, hopefully by the end of next month I'll grab one; then I can finally play with the legendary Red Morgan
    The throat thing was miserable. The hardest part was not freaking out, because my struggle-against-choking instincts would start kicking in. That would just make it worse! The only thing doctors could do for me was offer to inject botox into the muscles spasming in my neck, but there was no guarantee it would do anything. I turned them down and just focused on reducing stress.

Despite all my whining, my life isn't all that bad. I have lot of really good things going for me too. Actually, I'm generally really good at handling stress and bad things. I'm known in my family as the calm one who gets shit done when bad stuff happens. It's really the non-stop, constant tension over years that got to me. There's no easy way to confront something like that.

Stress has been wearing me down. There's all my work-related stress, my issues with my parents which I keep dwelling on, and some health problems I've been experiencing. There's also money issues of course. I've about blown through all the money I spent months saving for this move. Luckily I start training for a second job soon and my boss has started giving me a decent amount of hours. It's just gonna be hard for awhile.

Recently my friends asked me if I wanted to move in with them after December because they need a roommate and are sick of dealing with people from Craigslist (their current roommate is supposedly an ex-crackhead). I'd like to do it because it'd save me some much needed money (their rent is $20 more than what I pay but I wouldn't have a utility or WiFi bill) but of course I keep thinking about the last time I moved in with friends. I was warned against moving in with friends last time and look what happened.

Moving in with friends is a fast way to lose friends. You'll have to be sure you're with stable people.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    It depends. For some people, it works. For others it doesn't.

The main thing to consider is that since a person is your friend, they may be less likely to be conscientious about doing their part.

Meanwhile, rooming with a stranger, you risk sharing space with a person you heavily dislike.

My friends are a lot different from my last roommates. They're not so reserved or weirdly emotionally repressed. They're a lot more open and relaxed.

I got a few months to think about it. If they bring it up again I'll tell them why I'm so hesitant and see what they think.

Be up front about it now. No need to wait. Hash shit out before it becomes a thing you feel rushed into.

Not that I didn't see it coming or it really makes me sad, but it's a bit of a bummer:
    Things will get ugly at work next week. We have one woman in the team, B. She is suffering from multiple sclerosis. While she doesn't have too much of a problem coming from A to B in the hospital even though she is sitting in a wheelchair, the sickness took it's toll on her head. B is a lot slower than the rest of us, she has massive problems with handling a computer - and she also has a problem with work in general. To put it bluntly she can't pull her own weight. She never could since I started here. I was surprised all along she even still works here, because the impression she left is that she is neither really good with the jobs she is assigned to NOR with handling the tools necessary.

Now our boss ordered a another colleague, C, to work a bit with her. She was to basically teach her the basics of certain parts of our job. What C didn't get/know in the beginning was that she is now supposed to rate B. And the rating she has to dish out if she's honest basically amounts to "Get someone new, right fucking now". The worst of it is it will be a six-eye-talk next tuesday: B + C + boss. Which, of course, makes it double ugly, because then she has to look B in the eye and basically tell her that she ain't worth keeping (which is something I find very shitty from our boss to demand, but even when C would just give a written report the result would stay the same). B is on off days right now till tuesday, so C doesn't even have a way of giving her a warning what is about to hit her.
    Kinda bums the team out right now because B is liked. She is a nice enough woman. But yeah, as I said, she is not able to pull her weight and we're a concern. A concern with red numbers and over 7000 paychecks to pay. We simply can't afford people like this in our team. I expect pretty much a total meltdown either tuesdays or wednesday, depending on when the talk is happening on tuesday (before our break or after it).

[Level 12: CHET]
    That sounds like a right mess and not an environment where it can be afforded =/

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    That sounds like a right mess and not an environment where it can be afforded =/
    Well, it's a bit of a fuckup for C. She doesn't want to tell B that she is doing a shit job... but she is. She is lacking in basic skills needed. And yeah, we can't afford that. However, it's also a shitty move from my boss to pull that. If C had to report to our boss and our boss makes something out of it, okay. But having both present and THEN wanting to hear the report is a shitty move. Because C isn't a superior or anything, she is not in a higher position. This is basically demanding C to stab B while looking her in the eyes. And man, you just don't do that. That totally destroys the climate. We all know C doesn't WANT to do that, she talked with some of us about it in our last break, but still. B also knows this. She knows the MS has hit her, she knows she's not as fast as us. The problem is she just doesn't have the mental capacity to fix it anymore. She can't make up for it anymore. Sometimes it's really like you're working with someone who has a mild form of dementia, because her thought process is convoluted.
    But yeah, we can#t afford it - that was exactly my reaction. As much as I like B, if she can't pull her own weight it means we lose money through her. And we can't afford to lose money. We're, literally, in the red by a two digit million € amount and pressure is rising. As our boss said, the hut is burning. We're in luck that the we're city owned and the city is still making a plus (which, believe me, is a miracle). But if the city deems us dead weight and sells us away shit will hit the fan HARD. Be happy if you don't know too much about hospital business, it's sobering beyond belief.

So yeah, tuesday will be... interesting.