Page 251 of 251 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 247 248 249 250 251
Results 5,001 to 5,007 of 5007

Thread: Depression Thread - What takes you out of the dumps and what's been bugging you?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Steam ID
    Luna Sy
    PSN
    LCAS
    They don't call it "creamer" for nothing.

Steam ID
    domanz
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]
    And "latte" means boner in german. All for a reason.

If people 100 years from now don't order "coffe boners" in coffee shops, mankind is lost.

Nintendo ID
    Chillybilly
    PSN
    Chillybillz
    XBL
    Chillybill
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilKenSebben View Post
    Who wants a hotdog?

I made a fresh batch.

I have the mustard.
    I remember going on a trip with a friend once. We were young and low on money. Our hotel was cheap, so no room service or anything like that. We did have a coffee pot / maker though. We walked to the closest gas station, bought a pack of mini-sausages they had in their cooler, went back to the hotel and then fried them on the hotplate for the coffee maker.

Ahh yes. The good ole' days.

Steam ID
    domanz
    PSN
    [none]
    XBL
    [none]
    Haha good story. I take you didn't clean the coffee maker afterwards, you rascals.

Nintendo ID
    Chillybilly
    PSN
    Chillybillz
    XBL
    Chillybill
    Ha ha, no way. That hot plate was toast after we were done with it. All that sausage grease, just burning away... =)

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] charliewhistle's Avatar
    Steam ID
    charliewhistle
    Nintendo ID
    charliewhistle
    PSN
    charliewhistle
    XBL
    highwind86
    My question is, why didn't you just boil them dogs in the carafe like that picture suggests?

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] charliewhistle's Avatar
    Steam ID
    charliewhistle
    Nintendo ID
    charliewhistle
    PSN
    charliewhistle
    XBL
    highwind86
    I used to feel the same way. I've opened up a lot since I was younger, but sometimes it's just hard to find anything relevant to say. I was always amazed in high school when people would gather round one another and just blab away. It seemed like they were all just trying to one up another. Whenever I would talk to these individuals alone, it was pretty awkward. I wasn't as responsive to them, so they seemed kind of intimidated and wouldn't make eye contact with me.

Meds won't change your attitude 180 degrees, and if you're on a high and feeling like you're a totally changed person, you'll likely just come back down from it. My problem has always been never preparing for when the high wears off (whether it was induced by medication or a long streak of positive thinking) and taking the "lows" more devastatingly than before.

One idea is to ask yourself if you actually have anything to say, and if you feel it would add anything to the discussion. The times I've forced myself to talk because I "felt like I should" I ended up being disappointed I said anything at all. I enjoy more personal talk between a small group of people or one on one than the usual mindless chatter. Small talk is always about superficial things at first, but I always feel guilty because my life does not revolve around the superficial. When someone asks me how I've been, sometimes I gloss over it, and sometimes I punish them by telling them more than what they expected. If I feel I have nothing to add that others can relate to, then the conversation usually doesn't go anywhere.

As others have suggested, therapy is a good option if you're having anxiety though. I've been to several therapists in my time and it may take time to find one that you groove with but it's definitely helpful to speak to another human in person about your worries. Honestly, the best therapists I've had have been ones that didn't give me answers I wanted, they helped me to answer my own questions myself. Gonna hug that metallic shell of yours now .

I hope that's helpful. I'm not trying to be a sage or anything.