Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 240 241 242 243 244
Results 4,861 to 4,869 of 4869

Thread: Depression Thread - What takes you out of the dumps and what's been bugging you?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Still in a weird place with my DJ friend.

Went to his place Sunday for his show and ended up hanging out with his BF most of the time because I can only sit around and listen to him play for so long. Turns out his BF has been suffering from depression for some time now. He said he was seeing a psychiatrist and had just started taking medication. He said that it hasn't fixed him but that it's made it easier to find the optimism in his life.

It was just sort of surprising how open he was about it. No shame or anything which is what I'm used to. I told him if he needed anybody to talk to message me any time. I know he probably won't though.
    Last edited by Gorilla Gravy; 11-18-2014 at 11:34 PM.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by pk fire View Post
    Don't worry too much about it, dude. Most science and engineer majors end up struggling at some point (or multiple points) in their academic careers. The best you can do is learn from this experience, and triple-check next time with your professor so that you know exactly what material will be on the test. I got one C+ in college (And there was a definite possible of me failing) and was fucking miserable as well for a small period of time for similar reasons. Turns out though, no one gives a fuck if you get one or a few C or C+'s during your time in school because no one is perfect, and everyone understands that you're pursuing something that only a small fraction of the world population could even begin to comprehend or commit to.
    This is so true I have my BBA for Marketing and I damn near failed like 3 classes (fuck accounting) and no one, not a SINGLE person or company in my work history since graduating, has asked what grades I got.

They only really want to know that you can go through 4 years of hell and can apply yourself.

I had a bit of a meltdown and deleted every post and photo on my FB. I regret it.

I think I'm going to call some places about seeing a therapist soon.

Juice Box
    Sounds like that's a good avenue to continue down.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    That poor, poor therapist.

I lack advancement. Trying to save money is hard. Had to buy new tires, change my oil, flush my transition. There goes two weeks worth of money. At this point I'm just waiting for school to be over so I can start working full time and making real money.

I'm in a pretty good place as of late but fuck I need to get out of this depressing ass, shitty town.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    That poor, poor therapist.
    Dick.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Deleting content on one's FB seems like a damn good idea to me.

Seems like I borrowed the first book of Song of Ice and Fire to someone and I can't remember who it was. That's good bye.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Sounds like a plus to me. My buddy bought two copies of the fifth book and gave me one. Only book I own from the series.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Been having a rough time over the last week or so, accompanied by terrible neck and upper back pain.

Finding it very hard to stay distracted or say enjoy anything I put on for a decent amount of time. Stress levels are up for no apparent reason and feel like I'm on the verge of panic attacks in any waking moment. I've thought I might be heading to another crash, if I have the attacks, I know how to deal with them, but being on the cusp of them constantly is worrying, as if this is all building up to something greater.

In short, I'm fucked.