Page 154 of 236 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 164 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 4716

Thread: Depression Thread - What takes you out of the dumps and what's been bugging you?

Frodo Bangins
    Ill call you in a little bit.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    You know when you feel like there's nothing worthwhile about you and you may as well be dead
    I think a lot of folks get that feeling from time to time. More than would say.

for all the difference or care it would make?
    But this part is nonsense. No matter what any given person thinks there are always people that care.

How's your leg doing anyways, Glowie?

I'm not depressed, but I'm stressed the fuck out and the shit that's bothering has gotten pushed back a month. I though two weeks were gonna wear me out and now this.

Frodo Bangins
    I didnt call you dig, I'm sorry, But call me at any point tomorrow if you want to brotalk. I'll be getting lunch with this girl at 1 but I'm free the rest of the day.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I think a lot of folks get that feeling from time to time. More than would say.

But this part is nonsense. No matter what any given person thinks there are always people that care.

How's your leg doing anyways, Glowie?
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm at the time where my mind slipped off the high dive and into a bottomless pit last year. Can't believe what a difference my life has had over a year. Being able to look back and see it from the other side is helping in great amounts.

I still have similar thoughts to what GB mentioned, but I recognise them as just natural thoughts to my generally negative nature. Last year they were pushing me places I never thought I'd go, but now I have plenty positives to counteract them and keep me balanced.

They'll probably catch up with me again in the future, but it made me realise people do care and they always will Glow. That's something I'll hold onto should I ever stray down a dark path again.

Frodo Bangins
    Got to hang out with that girl today, It's totally over... I get nothing anymore. Its hitting me much harder than I wanted it to... I kinda wish she was just pretty and had zero personality but thats the part about her thats so hot to me. she's fun to be around, always makes me laugh, and pretty as well.
    idk... I need to find someone to keep my mind off her I think... Fingers crossed I can get up the balls to ask out the bartender I have a giant crush on but is way outta my league.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Just broke up with my girlfriend. I could see it wasn't working out because we both have too many insecurities. I told her we should just break it off and salvage our friendship and she professes that she is falling in love with me.

Now I'm being told both that I'm too immature and was irresponsible to go into a relationship when I didn't know what I was doing, and that I knew exactly what I was doing and that I'm some great deceiver who lured her into trusting me so I could break her heart.

I feel awful.

It's never nice feeling responsible for hurting somebody you care about but all the same it's sometimes better to end these things than just end up in some sort of zombie relationship where you're kidding yourself and you end up hurting the person even more.

Sounds like she's just saying those things because she's hurt and doesn't know what to do. Give her some time, try to show you still care and maybe she'll realise that your friendship's still important to her.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    It's never nice feeling responsible for hurting somebody you care about but all the same it's sometimes better to end these things than just end up in some sort of zombie relationship where you're kidding yourself and you end up hurting the person even more.

Sounds like she's just saying those things because she's hurt and doesn't know what to do. Give her some time, try to show you still care and maybe she'll realise that your friendship's still important to her.
    As well as what's quoted, there's always going to be pain on either or both sides unless the pairing are two emotionless husks.

The latter part of the emboldened post is what happened to me and I probably caused more pain not coming to the realisation earlier. Sure I regret it, we all do when we hurt others, but I'd regret it a whole lot more if the change had never happened.

Sometimes I have too much time to worry about what's wrong with me. This never ends well, and has been a bit of a problem lately. Trying to just keep myself occupied so I don't overthink things.

I really want to quit smoking. It fucking sucks man. I don't have smokers cough yet, but I'd like to quit before it even gets there. I picked up some lozenges today on the advice of PhilKenSebben, but I haven't manned up and thrown away the rest of the pack of cigs I have yet.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    I really want to quit smoking. It fucking sucks man. I don't have smokers cough yet, but I'd like to quit before it even gets there. I picked up some lozenges today on the advice of PhilKenSebben, but I haven't manned up and thrown away the rest of the pack of cigs I have yet.
    Throw them shits out. Dont get too down on yourself if you smoke a couple, it happens. Nicotine is one helluva a drug. Just make sure you don't buy another pack. Another thing that helped me; I bought a couple cheap cigars. When the cravings got super bad the first two weeks, I would take one and smoke a quarter of it. Just like a cig. Fucking disgusting (like I said cheap), hurts and just all around makes you not want to smoke at all. Just pop one of those lozzies and set time limits to start too. Like say, have one and dont let yourself smoke for 4-6 hours. Dont go overboard on the lozenges either though. Good luck. You can do it.

[Level 6: Robot]
    It helps immensely if you can think of a strong reason why you absolutely CAN NOT smoke. For me, it took when I was looking to go on hormones and I found out that some docs won't even prescribe you if you're smoking, because of how bad smoking is for you when you're on them.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by Analoge View Post
    It helps immensely if you can think of a strong reason why you absolutely CAN NOT smoke. For me, it took when I was looking to go on hormones and I found out that some docs won't even prescribe you if you're smoking, because of how bad smoking is for you when you're on them.
    That too. For me it was my kids. Don't need 'em ending up like me.

Honkey Kong
    SMOKE ERRY DAY YOLO BITCHES

I know I'm not helping but I couldn't resist. Please quit smoking, my father has smoked for 30 years and his immune system is damn near AIDS level.

[Level 12: CHET]
    best method for trying to get to sleep. cry cry cry til you're worn out.

rinse 'n' repeat

best method for trying to get to sleep. cry cry cry til you're worn out.

rinse 'n' repeat
    sex makes me go right to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    i quit.

hah funny you should mentioned that...or bad funny. bunny? dunno. fuck my blurgggh.

hah funny you should mentioned that...or bad funny. bunny? dunno. fuck my blurgggh.
    what? quitting or sexing?

um no idea. bad few days, nothing making much sense. just more grief.