Thread: Significant Others

[Level 2: Human]

Significant Others

Does anyone else here get in arguements with their Wives/Husbands/GFs/BFs about gaming? My wife says she hates gaming with a passion, and so everytime I try to play I get attitude. However, she's constantly on her cell phone txting her gfs, so how is that any different? She says she's jelous of the attention the playstation gets, but 90% of the time, it's off when she's home, mean while I'm getting ignored when she's on the phone or txting.

Anyone else have problems like this?

I enjoy sex, so I try not to play too much when she's home. I'll get most of my gaming out of the way while she's at work or sleeping.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Me and Beck play co-op games all the time.

If playing video games is something you love to do then your girl should either accept it or fuck off.

One of the many reasons why I am still with my girlfriend (besides the whole kid thing) is because she doesn't care if I sit on the couch and play games for 10 hours straight because for 9 of those ten she is either playing along with me or watching me and trying to give advice.

Also, it doesnt hurt that she can kick my ass at Guitar Hero and any old school Mario game for the NES/SNES.

Now that's love.

made this happen
    Does it count if your significant other is a video game? I think it should count. W-wait, it doesn't?

NO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I WAS BEING HYPOTHETICAL WHY WOULD I MARRY A VIDEO GAME THAT'S SO WEIRD AHAHAHAH!?

One-night-stands, however...

True dat, there's nothing better than finding a girl to play games with you. My gal might not enjoy me pwning noobs online on Call of Duty, but she sure as shit enjoys singing on Rock Band.

One of her favorite songs is Still Alive from Portal. She's a keeper.

[Level 2: Human]
    My wife and I played a few co-op games together. She enjoyed Super Mario Wii, and we beat the Simpsons together as well. I dunno, she just bitches that they're on all the time (which they are not) and it's not even like there's anything even better to do.
    I dunno, it's just an on going argument. I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth fighting for anymore?!?

I'll tell you something you probably already know, but I'm throwing it out there anyways for the less-educated folk.

It really, REALLY helps prevent fighting if you spend a decent amount of time cleaning something before she gets home. She'll be a lot more understanding and let you get away with more. Just like, 30-45 minutes vacuuming or something.

Do the good deed, men.

Beard Master
    My wife might be a bigger gamer than me. I'm gonna play ME2 soon, because when she gets back from work I'm gonna get kicked off the 360...

Californiasby
    My lady knows that gaming is a large portion of what I do for my free time. She knows I make a lot of time for her and that i need time to play.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Banj View Post
    Me and Beck play co-op games all the time.

If playing video games is something you love to do then your girl should either accept it or fuck off.
    This.

I play more games than my husband does, but we usually have an MMO that we play together plus whatever other side distractions I manage to fit in my day.

Try to get her to play more co-op with you and if she complains throw down the "I just want us to have fun as a couple, don't you?" card. That way she either has to come up with a better idea or retreat until she can find something else to nag about.

2008. Wildwood, New Jersey
    Sometimes my right hand gets upset because I spend so much time playing games instead of beating off. But I tell him, a relationship has to be a compromise. We've decided to see a couples counselor. I don't want him upset...

...he completes me.

Quote Originally Posted by zombielifecoach View Post
    Sometimes my right hand gets upset because I spend so much time playing games instead of beating off. But I tell him, a relationship has to be a compromise. We've decided to see a couples counselor. I don't want him upset...

...he completes me.
    He?

U gay wit yo hand bro?
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

2008. Wildwood, New Jersey
    It's not gay, because it's me. It's like if I were to fuck an exact clone of myself in the ass. That's totally hetero.

Science=Not gay.

Man I wish I wasn't so lazy because that would be in the Windows7 thread in a heartbeat.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.