Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro 2033 thread

[Level 7: Sentinel]

Metro 2033 thread

This thread is to try and spread news about this game. I'm personally quite hyped about this game, I loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I loved the atmosphere, if not quite the gameplay, it really did manage to create a believable atmosphere to the point where my mum (who's Ukrainian) saw me playing it and said that the landscape looked like Crimea (wrong part of Ukraine but still) without knowing what I was playing.

If metro 2033 concentrates on story and does a great job it'll be amazing. Also this game will obviously be quited anticipated in Russia, unfortunatly views towards pricay in eastern europe are.... different... to the point where if you buy a console in a massive chain store they'll ask you if you want it cracked/flashed for a nominal fee. Although I don't completely blame them since the majority can't afford games, it still a real shame if a game which trys to be more than just a power simulator doesn't sell purely because no one knows anything about it.

Of course this thread is also for any discussion about the game when it does finally come out.

Keeper of the Reals
    Wrong section.

Anyways, this game's coming out on March 16th, apparently.

I need money.

Moving this to Official Gaming Threads.

I just cleaned here, dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    Moving this to Official Gaming Threads.

I just cleaned here, dammit.
    Wtf never knew this section ever existed

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic Purple Turtle View Post
    Wtf never knew this section ever existed
    I think this just happened like a week ago. Don't worry, it took me a month to find out that Dtoid 20 questions thread exist.

If the campaign story's enjoyable on, I'll be trying this game out. Would be awesome if this game's gonna be like Bio Shock 1 meets FallOut.

Eats like a goddamn hero.
    Hope my PC can run it...be kind of annoying to bust out the 360 power brick to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindsideDork View Post
    Hope my PC can run it...be kind of annoying to bust out the 360 power brick to play it.
    Is it coming to 360? As well, strange most eastern (but less eastern than japan, so... weastern?) developers mostly only develope for PC. Is it coming to PS3?

Anyway why don't yah want to play it on 360?

Also I've been thinking of trying to get a copy of the book, in either language but I doubt it's been translated, finding a copy of a russian sci fi book in england will be a nightmare AND my russian reading sucks balls but you never know...

Also Adam, the gaming sounds of you playing during podtoid sound like fapping, stop.

Beard Master
    Yeah, it's confirmed for the 360 and PC. I'll be getting it on Steam I think, it's down in the Coming Soon section.

The Young Brad Nicholson

I'll probably pick it up for 360 just because I'm not sure how smoothly my computer will run it. Odds are it'd be fine, I just don't want to take the chance.

I'll be getting it for PC cause it will probably be cheaper, and it'll also be the original version, but I will have to check my specs, should probably be able to run it though.

Yeay, I'm sooooo happy about this http://www.destructoid.com/metro-2033-does-full-russian-voice-if-you-want-161979.phtml

I can't stand western people trying to put on eastern european accents ya'll get the stress' on names all wrong. An interesting though though, why don't japanese games have english/american voice actors puting on japanese voices...?

Beard Master
    I know there's a patch for STALKER that makes all the voices the native Russian. I really liked the game but some of the voice actors could've tried out for Borat impersonations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    I know there's a patch for STALKER that makes all the voices the native Russian. I really liked the game but some of the voice actors could've tried out for Borat impersonations.
    Yeah I played with that, the original russian actors weren't half bad.

2008. Wildwood, New Jersey
    This comes out the same day as GOW3. I am in a pickle now...

Gonna wait for the reviews on this one, but can't say I'm not excited. Absolutely fell in love with STALKER's immersive gameplay, can't way to see what they do with Metro

I'm gonna wait for reviews as well, but unless their below 7 I will definatly be getting this game. Also I found a copy of the book, now I just need to actually read it,

Thinking of perhaps letting the game spoil the story and then reading the book...

Beard Master
    New Trailer at GT:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/jo...tro-2033/61482

(How do we embed trailer from Game Trailers.com? Can we?)

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    New Trailer at GT:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/jo...tro-2033/61482

(How do we embed trailer from Game Trailers.com? Can we?)
    You use the Gametrailers button. Put the numbers at the end between the tags.

[Level 2: Human]
    I'm genuinely excited about this game. It does seem to have many Stalker influences, which is a good thing I think.

I'm really hoping there are some decent horror elements in Metro 2033, as the post-apocalyptic environment does lend itself to some potentially tense moments. One thing that really bothered me about Fallout 3 was that there was some serious potential on the horror front that sadly wasn't developed

Here's hoping anyhow.

Beard Master
    Fuckin' hell! Pre-order Metro 2033 and get Red Faction: Gurellia for free!

Sweet deal. Fuckin' sold!