Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is Rapport Service.exe?

[Level 7: Sentinel]

What is Rapport Service.exe?

I noticed this under my processes and I've googled it but couldn't find anything about it. Anyone know what it is, or should i delete the fuck out of it.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    So far, here is what I've found:
    First source
    Second source

From what I've seen, it's pretty harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckarasu View Post
    So far, here is what I've found:
    First source
    Second source

From what I've seen, it's pretty harmless.
    Okay, I'll ask around on some more forums just to be safe though

knows stuff and things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic Purple Turtle View Post
    Okay, I'll ask around on some more forums just to be safe though
    You might want to check out http://www.virustotal.com/, too. Has the benefit of scanning the file with multiple virus scanners, so it's tough for something nasty to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by SchildConstruct View Post
    You might want to check out http://www.virustotal.com/, too. Has the benefit of scanning the file with multiple virus scanners, so it's tough for something nasty to escape.
    thanks will do

[Level 1: Fresh Meat]

Rapport.exe. REMOVAL

I noticed this under my processes and I've googled it but couldn't find anything about it. Anyone know what it is, or should i delete the fuck out of it.
    This was a tricky one as no spyware or trojan remover acknowledges this as an issue. Once lodged in your system it uses a lot of CPU;
    Open TASK MANAGER
    LEFT CLICK ON RAPPORTSERVICES
    RIGHT CLICK>
    PROPERTIES>
    SECURITY(tag)
    THEN HIGHLIGHT USER/ADMINISTRATOR AND EDIT ALLOWING FULL-CONTROL (the default setting is read/write) This then gives you the authority to remove the program. Click dlelete and a code will come on your screen enter it and the program will come off, then re-boot.

This was a tricky one as no spyware or trojan remover acknowledges this as an issue. Once lodged in your system it uses a lot of CPU;
    Open TASK MANAGER
    RIGHT CLICK>
    PROPERTIES>
    SECURITY(tag)
    THEN HIGHLIGHT USER/ADMINISTRATOR AND EDIT ALLOWING FULL-CONTROL (the default setting is read/write) This then gives you the authority to remove the program. Click dlelete and a code will come on your screen enter it and the program will come off, then re-boot.

Quote Originally Posted by harty2912 View Post
    Open TASK MANAGER
    RIGHT CLICK>
    PROPERTIES>
    SECURITY(tag)
    This may have been one of the stupidest things I have ever read. Seriously, I wouldn't do that.

I think I'd follow the advice of just about anyone besides the newb who's only post was to tell you to delete things off your PC without knowing what they might affect.

Nonsense
    I would suggest you post an intro before you start helping other members.

knows stuff and things.
    Open TASK MANAGER
    RIGHT CLICK>
    PROPERTIES>
    SECURITY(tag)
    Mate, if you give bullshit instructions, at least make them sound like you know what you are doing.

BTW: That something isn't seen as spyware or a trojan by major AV software vendors, yet is fully visible in Task Manager, is a fucking big hint it *ain't* spyware or a trojan, or any other malware.

Lol and how old is this thread anyway XD?

Smooth Operator
    Spyware is underrated anyway.

I know malware has waaaaaaaaay better graphics.

For all those doubters I'll explain this Rapport.exe. this executable file is a program that a bank or financial institition requests that you download to safegaurd your accounts as added security. Rapport.exe is not a system file. It comes from a company called Trusteer. I have had no problems and a much quiter system since removal.

By all means try deleting Rapport via Programs but you'll find you can't; as it becomes embedded.

Mate, if you give bullshit instructions, at least make them sound like you know what you are doing.

BTW: That something isn't seen as spyware or a trojan by major AV software vendors, yet is fully visible in Task Manager, is a fucking big hint it *ain't* spyware or a trojan, or any other malware.
    For you're information sir I have worked in the IT industry for years and below is a full description of what Rapport.exe does. I did download the program from The Trusteer company, as I have said it is offered by banks and financial companies as an added layer of security, however despite using a lot of CPU, the program has been hi-jacked and in my opinion unsafe as my default e-mail was spamming junk.
    Removing the program will not harm your PC, it will run quieter but you'll need a code and in order to acquire that, you will need Full-control over the file.

Rapport secures browser communication from keyboard to website. It detects and prevents Man–in-the-Browser, Man-in-the-middle, phishing, and other attacks launched directly against the user. This includes programs taking screen shots and other forms of data capture. Essentially, if your anti-virus fails you and a keylogger or malware slips through the cracks onto your system, Rapport is designed to shoot it dead in its tracks.

For you're information sir I have worked in the IT industry for years and below is a full description of what Rapport.exe does. I did download the program from The Trusteer company, as I have said it is offered by banks and financial companies as an added layer of security, however despite using a lot of CPU, the program has been hi-jacked and in my opinion unsafe as my default e-mail was spamming junk.
    Removing the program will not harm your PC, it will run quieter but you'll need a code and in order to acquire that, you will need Full-control over the file.

Rapport secures browser communication from keyboard to website. It detects and prevents Man–in-the-Browser, Man-in-the-middle, phishing, and other attacks launched directly against the user. This includes programs taking screen shots and other forms of data capture. Essentially, if your anti-virus fails you and a keylogger or malware slips through the cracks onto your system, Rapport is designed to shoot it dead in its tracks.

stop double posting... no one even cares any more, by posting the same thing over again it makes it obvious your just trying to get as many posts as possible, especially since dtoid has a special filter in place which doesn't let you post the same thing for 5 minutes. You're deliberatly coming back and posting the same thing again. STFU.

Lol and how old is this thread anyway XD?

Ha! Totally missed that.