Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dtoid World of Warcraft Guild

I'm up for it, proably going to make a tauren or undead. Hopefully more people are up for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Except we pretty much wont. But seeing as how you already made the decision for everyone, I guess that's fine.
    If everyone wants to be on a pvp server, then that's cool. I just didn't want to keep everyone waiting.
    Although now, it looks like just bloodspray was being impatient about it and I kind of got impatiant about it. I just didn't want people to lose interest having to wait. My bad.

I really didn't want to be on a carebear server again, but I guess I'll just have to make my Mage on a different server and level him there.

I'll roll a Paladin on this one.

edit: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1

Here's some data on Kilrogg. The place is a Horde Ghost Town. Does anybody have any real attachments to it? Because we could easily find a more balanced PVE server.
    Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. I just went with it because that's my server. If we can come to a consensus on which one we want, lets go for it. I'm all for it. Yeah, getting ganked annoys me, but I'll live. I would rather have a server most people would enjoy playing on.

Do we want to try Venture Company? That one looks a little more even.

EDIT: Or Laughing Skull? It's pvp and it's a 1:1 ratio. Plus it has a cool name.

Annnnd I'm double posting.

What about guild name? Any ideas? I was just thinking DTOID, but I'm sure we can come up with something more clever then that.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Technophile View Post
    Do we want to try Venture Company? That one looks a little more even.
    Oooh, do it. Then you can have fights with the Dtoid players already rolling Alliance there.

In all seriousness, as King and Yash mentioned above, I love this idea, but we're extremely happy with our current guild home (<3 you guys, thanks for giving up that trinket last night, Yash), and most of us don't really have the time to devote to another alt. I'm possibly an exception, but another alt levelled to 80 would turn WoW into a commitment a little bigger than I'm comfortable with.

However, we'd probably be more than willing to accept any Dtoid folks who want to join up. We're an extremely easygoing guild as long as you aren't standing in the fires, and with the dawn of 3.3 we are all high on Easy Loot fumes.

As for Venture Co, we have to be aware that it's an RP server, which means that people are going to expect us to act in character. Which is... not something I'd mind, but not something I'd be crazy about either. I'd wait for Jon's input as well.
    Speaking as someone who rolls on Venture Co, RP is still pretty niche here, and there's certainly no expectation that anyone act in character. Unless you're in an actual dedicated RP guild, everyone pretty much talks and acts however the hell they want. The last time I recall actually encountering an RPer was a dude panhandling a guildie outside the bank in hilariously awful "in-character" acting ("Hark, fair lass, might thee [shouldn't it be thou? ED] be able to spare some change? E'en but a single gold would suffice!").

Quote Originally Posted by Pangloss View Post
    Speaking as someone who rolls on Venture Co, RP is still pretty niche here, and there's certainly no expectation that anyone act in character. Unless you're in an actual dedicated RP guild, everyone pretty much talks and acts however the hell they want. The last time I recall actually encountering an RPer was a dude panhandling a guildie outside the bank in hilariously awful "in-character" acting ("Hark, fair lass, might thee [shouldn't it be thou? ED] be able to spare some change? E'en but a single gold would suffice!").
    I'll second that. It's an RP server but there is pretty much 0 RP. Hell, my roommate has a toon on our server named "Icutheadsoff". I also have an alt that I'm leveling (very slowly) that I'd move to a toid guild

Californiasby
    I'd be down for joinin the Dtoid guild, I just have to reactivate my account

I might be interested in reactivating my acct. If only for a dtoid guild.

However, I was primarily a raider (and have been since release). I've only ever had two toons (that weren't bank alts).

Currently I have an 80 BE Mage t8+ gear. Haven't touched the game since late Oct though. I might be interested to help level etc, but if anything I would transfer my toon over to a new server, I've put over 100 days into him (first pre 3.0 KJ kill on my server a little over a year ago) and can't just start over. I feel like I'd be...turning on him :P

armory still works:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...g+Lair&n=Dirbz

Ok, I'm cool with Venture Co then.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    That really sounds like fun, but with no gaming rig, no time and for one other reason I will not be able to partake.

Have fun! Hope it works out.

Sounds like Venture Co. it is. As far as a guild name, I think it should be <like to party.> That way it will always saw we like to party. Or DTOID. Or NARPS for fun. Something hell I don't know.

Anyone have any toons on here? I just checked and I already have 2 that I don't remember, but only a lvl 2 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Sounds like Venture Co. it is. As far as a guild name, I think it should be <like to party.> That way it will always saw we like to party. Or DTOID. Or NARPS for fun. Something hell I don't know.

Anyone have any toons on here? I just checked and I already have 2 that I don't remember, but only a lvl 2 and 5.
    I realized I've got a level 17 undead warrior on there. Rotguts

So you're on Venture Co? If you're ever getting ganked, send a tell to Yash, Belshazzar, or Madano (moar like MANdano) and we'll come save your ass. Or if you're Horde, corpse-camp you.

We're Horde.

On a side note, Destructoid is no longer a safe place to discuss the locations we're leveling in.
    It really isn't. Not with our [airquotes]brothers[/airquotes] watching this thread.

Oh, I do so enjoy the turn towards the clandestine this is taking.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    Haha, good luck guys. Horde always kicks our ass in PvP (fuckin wintergrasp)

Quote Originally Posted by Yashoki View Post
    Haha, good luck guys. Horde always kicks our ass in PvP (fuckin wintergrasp)
    God DAMN Wintergrasp. No seriously, I wouldn't worry about the PvP side of things, guys. Alliance SUCKS on this battlegroup.

What battlegroup is it anyways? Also if anyone gets on I have a druid named Ottawa.

Totally fine with skeezers

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    What battlegroup is it anyways? Also if anyone gets on I have a druid named Ottawa.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/b...l#battlegroup4

Nightfall apparently.