Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dtoid World of Warcraft Guild

Dtoid World of Warcraft Guild

All right. It's about time I hunkered down and committed to this.

It always confused me that a gaming site as big as we are has almost no MMO representation. I know there is some of you that play. In fact, it seems like Brad Nicholson seems to like MMOs quite a bit and I know Jonathan Ross plays them from time to time as well.

I figured I would start with the biggest MMO out there (and the one I'm playing) so why not.

*RELEVANT INFO*

Here is our armory link!

We are Horde side on the Venture Co server.

Guild is a go!

Thanks to an incredibly generous random guy, he pretty much funded our entire guild.

We have two guild bank slots - all can deposit, officers can take out. This is to prevent strangers getting into our guild and robbing us. If you are trustworthy/known dtoid person I'll bump you up.

Rotguts - Technophile
    Yorda - Ashley Davis
    Ottawa or Gannondork - Jon Bloodspray
    Gatzby - Gatsby

Are all officers at the moment and can invite. Hit them up for the guild invite.

We plan on raiding at least 10mans when we get there.

At the moment we could use
    (see here for classes that fit - http://www.wowwiki.com/Class_role)

Tank/OffTank
    3 ranged DamagePerSecond
    2 Melee DamagePerSecond
    3 Healers

Some of this we already have covered, but the more the better. Hybrid classes can fill a few roles.

http://wowvault.ign.com/static.php?c...e=tabardviewer

We don't have a tabard yet, but we have the money to make one so please check out this cool tabard thing and give some ideas.

-----------------------

The points of having a guild is this (at least for me).

To have a group of players available to do group content (raids, dungeons, tough quests, pvp) and with the new expansion, all the guild specific accolades and stuff.

I've been playing WOW since launch. Off and on and I've never done a single Raid. Why? For a couple of reasons.

1. I can't seem to get a group of people together I like playing with. With my old guild on City of Heroes, I could only convince 3 of them to even try WoW. They had that "OMG wow is full of assholes and the game is stupid" mentality pounded into their heads and refused to try it. Outside of that, people I've played with just stop playing.

2. Nearly every group in game I've tried to get with were either completely unfriendly, (not mean, but just never talked to me or invited me to anything) Hyper competitive. (ZOMG l2pnub. UR gearscore sucks) or treated it like a second job (we raid 6 times a week, you are required to be in every raid for 4 hours a day).

So since most of you seem to be reasonable people. I figured here would be a perfect place to get a guild going. I want to try raids and get cool loot and see the story bits (bit of a lore nerd, sorry) but I don't want to leech all the fun out of it. I don't care about wiping a raid, I don't see the point in rage quitting just because you lost. I want better gear because that makes the harder stuff easier to do and not so I can wave my e-peen around. I want to try out having an arena team. I want to do more of the dungeons to see the epic boss fights.

I don't care if you've never played before or if you play all the time. I don't care if you know the best build for a fighter or if you don't even know what a fighter does. The learned can teach and the new people can learn.

So, if this sounds like something you would be interested in go ahead and let me (and us) know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Well, I've been planning on rerolling a Horde character for a while now. My current 70 is Alliance. I don't have any problems with Alliance(Yeah, I do), but the fact is I did a lot of time with Alliance and would just like a change of scenery for my new main.

On top of that, I just really dig the Horde Cities more. I'd rather hang around in The Undercity or Silvermoon versus Stormwind or Ironforge. And I happen to like all the Horde races more. Either way, the moral of the story is that I'm going Horde.
    Exactly how I feel about it. I just find everything about Horde more interesting. The characters, the story, the citys.

I'd also prefer a PVP server because I feel it's more fun that way. PVP is my favorite thing to do in WoW, and nothing beats being able to duke out similar leveled people to make the level process more interesting.

Ganking exists sure, one day you might be in The Barrens and there might be 10 Level 80 Night Elves luring people into being flagged and then camping them, it can be frustrating, but it doesn't happen often(barely ever in fact).
    Totally depends on the server. I like to PVP, just not when I'm trying to finish a quest. So, that's why I like the normal servers. I can choose to do it or not.

I mean, if more of you plan to reroll as well, I think it'd be fun to occasionally do some World PVP here and there.

All I really want to say though is that I'm only down for this is everyone else is. I don't want to spend time making a character if everyone plans to get level 30 and then never log on again. I've tried rerolling with buds a million times, and I have a graveyard full of untouched level 20-40 alts to testify to that.
    THIS ESPECIALLY. I want people that want to play.

On a side note, if we're planning on raiding(10 mans will likely be our only plausible route), we're going to have to be mindful of our class combination. I don't know a lot about Wrath end game other than Hybridization has become a lot more plausible, but either way, we'll need somebody for a reliable main tank. We'll also have to avoid having seven different hunters.
    Yeah, I mean the smallest we can do is 5 mans. I think we could at least manage getting 5 people together. If we get 10, great we can do raids. If we get 25, well fuck yea we do those too. Although I think that last one is a pipe dream.

We can worry about class diversification once we have people.

Here's hoping that more than three people are interested in this.
    Yeah I hope so too. Maybe a cblog is in order to get this out there.

When you get it ironed out, I'd like to be a part of this. I'd rather be horde, but I have no objections to rolling whatever.

The Young Brad Nicholson

I may be starting to play WoW soon simply because my roommate wants people to play game with and since she has a Mac this is pretty much all she can play. If I start playing I'm definitely down for this.

Ok, put a Cblog up. We will see if that gathers some more people.

Right now, it seems like Horde is a go. As for PVP, I'm thinkin we stick to normal servers. If we go PVP those of us that don't want to deal with that have no choice, but on a normal server at least those what want world pvp have the option (after jumping through a hoop or two)

Sound fair?

Sure thing. Servers JUST went back up after the 3.3 patch. When are we getting this started?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    Sure thing. Servers JUST went back up after the 3.3 patch. When are we getting this started?
    As soon as we get enough interest (i.e 10 people to sign the charter) and we get details hammered out and agreed upon. It may take a bit.

I would say that you should pick a server and jump in. I'll get on in a little bit if you do. That way it's a step ahead for people that might just be waiting for a few more details. Kind of get the ball rolling, you know? Also, if we just start getting people together, as soon as we get 10 people on we can have a guild ready to go. Just some ideas.

[Level 6: Robot]
    We have a (very)small group of toiders that play together already: Myself, Yashoki, Hoygeit, and Pangloss all play Alliance on The Venture Company (US). Look me up if you're on there, my character is Madano.

Also Techno, I'm pretty sure they opened a few new servers. You might want to look into that.

I would say that you should pick a server and jump in. I'll get on in a little bit if you do. That way it's a step ahead for people that might just be waiting for a few more details. Kind of get the ball rolling, you know? Also, if we just start getting people together, as soon as we get 10 people on we can have a guild ready to go. Just some ideas.
    Well, like I said I'm already on Kilrogg which is a normal server. I've got a 25ish undead warlock that could get us started right away. I just want to make sure everyones preferences are heard instead of saying "THIS SERVER GO HERE".

Quote Originally Posted by king3vbo View Post
    We have a (very)small group of toiders that play together already: Myself, Yashoki, Hoygeit, and Pangloss all play Alliance on The Venture Company (US). Look me up if you're on there, my character is Madano.
    Ah ha. I figured you guys hid out somewhere. That's an RPPVP server. It looks like the consensus here is horde and normal. Would you guys be up to coming over to a new server?

Also Techno, I'm pretty sure they opened a few new servers. You might want to look into that.
    A new server might be nice. I see transfers, no new realms though. Not within the last couple months anyway. Maybe I just can't find it.

Ah I might have misunderstood. When I was waiting for my server to come online I saw some with the population listed as "new players." I assumed this meant they were new servers but I could be wrong.

Well hell, are you going to be on that server later? I'll jump in.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Technophile View Post
    Ah ha. I figured you guys hid out somewhere. That's an RPPVP server. It looks like the consensus here is horde and normal. Would you guys be up to coming over to a new server?
    For me specifically, I can't as I barely have time to play my main. Can't speak for everyone else though. If they did it would be an alt, as we are all part of a small 10-man raiding guild.

Ah I might have misunderstood. When I was waiting for my server to come online I saw some with the population listed as "new players." I assumed this meant they were new servers but I could be wrong.

Well hell, are you going to be on that server later? I'll jump in.
    Maybe later later tonight. I've got some zombies that need killin.

Quote Originally Posted by king3vbo View Post
    For me specifically, I can't as I barely have time to play my main. Can't speak for everyone else though. If they did it would be an alt, as we are all part of a small 10-man raiding guild.
    Yeah, I hear you. I don't want to break up your guild and based on yashokis comment, it seems like you guys are pretty dedicated to pvp servers.

Right on. If I get on Killrog I'll PM you the toon name or something. Have good zombie killing.

Ok. Since I don't want to leave this in a holding pattern too long.

Let's go with this for now.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rogg&n=Vatiria

That's my warlock on Kilrogg. I'll use her to the get the charter and whatnot, so add her to your friends list.

My job doesn't permit me a whole lot of time to play, but when I do, I'd love to have friends around to talk to and do stuff with. If that's alright, I'd love to join you guys!

I just made a Tauren warrior named (surprise) Jonbludspray. I'm not on currently but I will be a little later tonight.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realms...ort=ServerType

I forgot about this site. Like I said, I don't really care I'll roll whatever, here's a list of servers and populations though.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    I wish I'd be able to play with you guys but I cant be bothered to level another character to 80. Not only is it horde (A faction I've never played only because everyone i've played with played alliance) so I have to learn all the faction stuff, but I really dislike non PvP servers. I'd say "I'll roll an alt" but I don't wanna even act like I'm going to try. Sorry guys, enjoy.